PDA

View Full Version : Men's Hair Myths - article on MSN

Lamb
September 5th, 2009, 10:01 AM
http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/well-groomed-male/article.aspx?cp-documentid=21241017&GT1=32034

:gobblecheese:

halo_tightens
September 5th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I like the note about the author at the end, about how she "has learned to like her curly hair" and "doesn't own a hairbrush." :)

Eboshi
September 5th, 2009, 10:11 AM
:rollin: Except for Points 6 and 7 of the article, it looks like they took the Women's Hair Myths article and recycled it.

EdG
September 5th, 2009, 10:14 AM
:rollin: Except for Points 6 and 7 of the article, it looks like they took the Women's Hair Myths article and recycled it.The article certainly looks that way. :D

At least the article appears to be factual. :)
Ed

Lamb
September 5th, 2009, 10:15 AM
:rollin: Except for Points 6 and 7 of the article, it looks like they took the Women's Hair Myths article and recycled it.
Economics and equality in action. :p
I've been wondering about baldness and hats, actually - so many men blame baldness on tight military caps.

GlassEyes
September 5th, 2009, 11:07 AM
XD Even my mom believes the 'mom' thing...though I think she says that so I won't panic. Luckily, all the men on her side have their hair still, and though my dad shaves his head, he isn't balding--you can see it when it grows out.

This does remind me that a guy I had a big crush on is losing his hair, I think. It was shoulder length too. ): Oh well, I'd still date him. xD;

Flynn
September 5th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I've been wondering about baldness and hats, actually - so many men blame baldness on tight military caps.

It is quite possible: two of my great-aunts are former nuns, and one has bald patches and the other is almost entirely bald from wearing a veil as part of the habit day in and day out. (They were in different orders; the one who has bald patches wore a veil with a very stiff, starched, tight band just back from the hairline, the other wore the perhaps more familiar full veil, like Miss Clavel from Madeline >_o ) In a military context, where you have a tight hat or a helmet on your head all day, every day, you could very well become bald from it, just like the cat and its collar in the article.

yellowchariot
September 6th, 2009, 12:14 AM

^ LOL you both nailed it! :D

dontknowaname
September 6th, 2009, 01:09 AM
"...point your finger at androgen hormones, including testosterone, which increase beard and underarm hair follicles during puberty but may shrink hair follicles later in life."

that beard can wait for a bit :p

Tanuki
September 7th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I can't grow a proper beard for nuthing. Woot for keeping my hair!

sneakybea
September 7th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I like what they said about myth number 10. If it were true that two hairs grew back for every gray you pulled, you'd eventually end up with twice as much hair!