PDA

View Full Version : Strange chemical reaction O_O

Lemur_Catta
September 5th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I had some free time today so I tried to make a treatment with what I had in my house: I put in a bowl powered cocoa and honey, I mixed...and nothing strange happened :D Then I added a bit of jojoba oil, and then a bit of cone-free conditioner. The mix was a bit...foamy, I don't know how to explain, it looked like chocolate mousse, but thicker, so I added more conditioner and honey. And then it turned...fluidO_O Absolutely fluid, just like water, much more than the conditioner itself. I don't know what happened, I don't even know if it is the right place for this question. I tried to apply this "thing" (it wasn't for me anyway) but it was very difficult because of his consistency. I would really like to know what happened so I can avoid it in the future.
If it can help you, I can post the INCI of the conditioner.

I hope you can help me...:D Thank you!

Flynn
September 5th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Did it have any lumps in it? My SMTs often curdle, in which case they turn absolutely runny, like water, but with a few little lumps. Nowhere near enough for it to really make sense, but still...

Heidi_234
September 5th, 2009, 11:37 PM
It does make sense is the conditioner is water base, and part of it separate from the water in it, resulting runnier mix and clump of something.

Nouveaux
September 6th, 2009, 01:08 AM
So what you're saying is... she made conditioner-cheese?
;)

Lemur_Catta
September 6th, 2009, 04:22 AM
There wasn't any lump, it was only fluid. I tried later with only conditioner and honey (I didn't have any aloe at home :D) and it was fluid but not like that, not like water. So maybe the cocoa is to blame.

Whimsical wind
September 10th, 2009, 03:53 AM
When I make henna glosses, adding the conditioner turns it fluid. So I think it's the conditioner.