PDA

View Full Version : being tall is so annoying in terms of reaching hair lengths....

indigonight
September 5th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I've always been happy to be tall but since I started my little long hair project I've realised it takes me twice the time to reach my goals than smaller people. I'm almost at waist but it seems to be taking forever because I'm just so tall with a long torso and tail bone to classic to knee are also going to be a long wait just because I'm so long-limbed!
It would be interesting to graph the differences in hair achievements together with body size.... right now being tall is for the first time, frustrating!:mad:

EvaSimone
September 5th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I am sorry. :flowers:

You are right being tall does make it longer for you to reach your goals. I am 5' tall and 31" is hip on me and 39" would be a bit past classic.

But you know what? Even though your hair isn't hanging at a certain part of your body it still looks long. 39" of hair is going to look fantastically long probably even more fantastically long than waist length on a shorter person.

I saw a girl who was probably 6' tall and her hair was BSL but I was still astounded at how long it looked. :flower:

indigonight
September 5th, 2009, 07:33 AM
thanks eva! it does seem to make the wait so much longer though, congrats on reaching an inch from hip, you must be proud! I hope to join you someday ....
x

Tabitha
September 5th, 2009, 07:38 AM
And you can still do all the styles that people can do at the length in inches that you have (if that makes sense).

indigonight
September 5th, 2009, 07:44 AM
true true, I guess I need to go eat cheese or maybe millet from what I've been reading!

Angela_Rose
September 5th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Ah! We are suffering from the same affliction. I'm 5'9" and have just recently reached thigh-length at 44". Yes, it's a lot of hair, but where I'm so tall, my knee-length-60" goal is going to take forever to get to.

darkwaves
September 5th, 2009, 08:05 AM
I've realised it takes me twice the time to reach my goals than smaller people. Really? If Eva is 5', and hip for her is 31", is hip for you 62"? No, that can't be -- unless you are really tall!

If it's any consolation, imagine what it's like for LHCers with really curly 3b+ hair, whose waist length hair looks half that length, or shorter.

rhubarbarin
September 5th, 2009, 08:10 AM
It must be frustrating that you have to wait so long to reach concrete milestones.

But on the tall people I know with long hair, I can definitely tell that waist length on someone who is 6' is really long.

My sister who is 5'10" never grew her hair past her waist, but I was still in awe of her length (I am barely 5'5").

Plus as Tabitha said you are still achieving styling options at the same rate us average-to-short people are.

Centifolia
September 5th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Oh, don't fell bad about that! Actually I'm just 5'5'' but I want to grow and to being taller (I'm sixteen). My finalgoal is tailbone because I want to wear my hair down when I want and I don't know if that would be possible past TBL. So, as I want to have my hair as long as I can handle , I want to be taller! :D

jasper
September 5th, 2009, 08:22 AM
I was having a similar thought at work this week. Not that I'm tall, but I'm surrounded by short people. ;) I teach at a big elementary school and I meet with 50 or more people with waist length or longer hair every day. Okay, so, they're all under 4 feet tall and mostly under 8 years old. . . :D
Having joined this forum, I think I'm noticing the long hair around me a lot more.

Bellona
September 5th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I'm tall too, so I can definitely relate. It seems like it's going to take forever to get to my goal!

rexy
September 5th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I completely understand! I'm at 31" right now and I still have a few more to get to waist. I guess it is true what everyone is saying about having it still look really long, even if it is not at a certain milestone length. I would be curious to see how my hair looked on someone 5' tall.

marikamt
September 5th, 2009, 08:43 AM

You are right being tall does make it longer for you to reach your goals. I am 5' tall and 31" is hip on me and 39" would be a bit past classic.

But you know what? Even though your hair isn't hanging at a certain part of your body it still looks long. 39" of hair is going to look fantastically long probably even more fantastically long than waist length on a shorter person.

I saw a girl who was probably 6' tall and her hair was BSL but I was still astounded at how long it looked. :flower:

Holy Moly! I am 5'6" and 26" is not even bottom of bra for me... just "mid-bra" :D
I am very hi-waisted (I think that is the right term) so BSL to waist is close for me, maybe 4" and I should be solidly at waist.... but past that will take forever as I have a 34" inseam...... all my height is in my legs...... I am always jealous when I see some one's length (in inches) and it is the same as mine but twice as long on them.....

Armelle
September 5th, 2009, 08:45 AM
I would suggest think of goals in terms of inches rather than abbreviations. Wouldn't that help?

Speckla
September 5th, 2009, 08:57 AM
true true, I guess I need to go eat cheese or maybe millet from what I've been reading!Cheese had protein and millet has Omegas...you'll definitely benefit from them. :cheese:

Margeaux
September 5th, 2009, 09:02 AM
I can definitely identify. I'm 5'9 1/2" and you can tell from my pictures how curly my hair is...couple the two factors and it takes ages to get anywhere. :rolleyes: I do occasionally see short people with long hair only to realise that mine is actually just as long, only it looks shorter on me. Still, I play by the forum rules so my hair will only be 'long' when it's full BSL, dry!

DarthCynthia
September 5th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I'm just under 6 feet tall, so I know what you mean. Ankle length always seemed like it would take forever to get to, if I even can get there (I was at mid-calf and hubby gave me a small trim of a couple inches. It's still at calf-length).

After a while when my hair got to be long enough, I finally just started putting it in a bun as quickly as I could and tried to forget about it as much as I could. It'll get there eventually.

Themyst
September 5th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I can relate. I'm only 5' 10", but apparently I am long-waisted. So, while others who have 48" long hair are down to mid thigh, I'm stuck back at classic. :( The plus side? If I gain weight, I don't look like a bowling ball. :D

halo_tightens
September 5th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I'm not super tall at 5'7", but I totally know what you mean. I'm always jealous when I see people who are much shorter than me with hair the same actual length-- it's so much longer on their body!

I suppose we can comfort ourselves for not having that particular advantage by putting some important items on high shelves? Nah, that's mean. Ah, well. :rolleyes:

Tapioca
September 5th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Amen, sister. I'm 6'4", and I've just hit tailbone length at 38".

slz
September 5th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I've always been happy to be tall but since I started my little long hair project I've realised it takes me twice the time to reach my goals than smaller people.
Actually unless you're 3 m tall or more (which you probably aren't :D ) it doesn't really take twice the time as most people :D . Just sayin' :p .
Enough to get frustrated, I can understand for sure. Then I think there's much more difference between curly / non curly people of the same height. Then if you're tall AND curly ..... :( .

jahof45
September 5th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I understand your frustration too! I am 6'2" tall and my hair at 32" was bottom BSL. (I haven't measured in awhile). I'm currently mid-back but it seems to be taking forever to get to waist. (pout)

Danamarie
September 5th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Okay all you tall, long-haired beauties, cry if you must but I'm just starting my long-hair journey. My hair is 15 inches. I'm 5'9" and with my long neck, it barely reaches the middle of my neck. I was reading another thread and someone said their 15" reached their shoulders - I couldn't figure it out until I realized that height plays an important role in perception. Hair looks longer on shorter people... I envy tall girls with long hair because it's an extra challenge.

dolcevita
September 5th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I face the same problem! I am 5'10" and need to remind myself of my long torso when looking at the current length of some LHC members that serve as my hair inspiration! It will be rewarding when I get there, but until then.... yikes I have to be patient!

Ravenwaves 88
September 5th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Amen, sister. I'm 6'4", and I've just hit tailbone length at 38".

Tapioca that is amazing! I'm 6'0, but my tailbone goal is 40". You must have a shorter torso and all legs.

I feel the same way. I constantly see these shorter ladies walking in front of me and my first thought is "I bet my hair is almost as long as theirs and they have hair to their bottom!!"

Soooo frustrating. Even at 31" I still didn't feel like my hair was that long. Now it's 28.5" but I'm much happier with the condition.

natt i nord
September 5th, 2009, 11:06 AM
My problem. :D
I'm 170cm tall (I'm sorry, but as a German I just don't understand your x'y" system) and with my around 58cm I'm just past BSL (meanwhile it's midback). A friend of mine would have got waist with my hair :shrug:

indigonight
September 5th, 2009, 11:15 AM
it feels good to suffer together tall ladies (and gents) and hear other people going through the same issues.... like many of you I'm not only tall but also wavey/curly so yes double bummer but as someone said on this thread when WE lovely long hair damsels (and men) do get there our hair will b amazing!!!!
until then cheese, millet and vitamins and patience (the hardest thing of all)........

here is spreading long hair magik to us all!!!!!

rags
September 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I don't have this problem at only 5'7", but I can assure you ladies that everyone who sees it knows it's a LOT of hair. How do I know? My daughter is 6'2" and was between tailbone and classic (about mid bum) when she chopped her hair off. Everybody who saw it exclaimed about how much hair it was!

Mine was actually close to tailbone at the same time - no one noticed. They all knew how much longer her hair was!

kam984420
September 5th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I don't have this problem at only 5'7", but I can assure you ladies that everyone who sees it knows it's a LOT of hair. How do I know? My daughter is 6'2" and was between tailbone and classic (about mid bum) when she chopped her hair off. Everybody who saw it exclaimed about how much hair it was!

Mine was actually close to tailbone at the same time - no one noticed. They all knew how much longer her hair was!

Why dont you get her to join LHC?:cool:

NurseMama
September 5th, 2009, 11:37 AM

Aack!! 32" is WL on me!!! TB is 34". Damn this long torso!