PDA

View Full Version : Dancing/Clubbing styles

Shorty89
September 4th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find a similar thread. Maybe it was on the old boards. Anyways, on weekends (like tonight) I often go out and dance. I find that I'm always braiding my hair or doing some sort of style that shortens the length. I want to get suggestions for styles that would stay while dancing. I'm a fairly exuberant dancer - headbanging on occassion, lots of movement. :D so it needs to be sturdy. For some reason I haven't been able to get my usual buns (except maybe a inside-out bun) to stay well while dancing. Thanks!

Fractalsofhair
September 4th, 2009, 07:55 PM
By hardcore dancer, do you mean hardcore dancing? Ie.Moshing?

I'm not sure how this would work with your hair length, but a braid wound into a bun might work well. It will "shorten" your hair length, but it keeps it secure. Also, add extra hairpins and then your hairstick on top.

Armelle
September 4th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Hmm, my hair has not gotten quite to your length but when I went clubbing (industrial) I would sometimes quarter my hair and then bun it. I found small buns would stay better. I have also quartered my hair, bunned the front two, and braided the back two quarters. I've also done multiple braids. For me, I was more concerned with not over-heating more than just shortening the hair. :D

Shorty89
September 4th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Hmm, my hair has not gotten quite to your length but when I went clubbing (industrial) I would sometimes quarter my hair and then bun it. I found small buns would stay better. I have also quartered my hair, bunned the front two, and braided the back two quarters. I've also done multiple braids. For me, I was more concerned with not over-heating more than just shortening the hair. :DI want both :D I don't mind having my hair down if it's not like today and tangly, but it gets hot in the summer!

nmarie33
September 5th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Last time I got near a mosh pit I learned a lesson: for your own safety and the safety of others, don't use hairsticks! Seriously.

You could do the Bun-Hawk using bee butt buns and holding them with elastics. That way you would look awesome and it would probably stay in through all your headbanging adventures!

Magdalene
September 5th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Two buns held with elastics rather than pins. For extra security, make ponytails with elastics (hair friendly kind, of course) then braid, bun them, then secure with elastics over the top (I like to use the extra huge ones intended to be used as skinny headbands)

Heidi_234
September 5th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Tucked under french braid maybe?

Indigo Girl
September 5th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I like to go out dancing, and I won't wear anything other than a Ficcare when I do. It holds my hair like a rock.