PDA

View Full Version : A Belated 2 Year Hair Anniversary! Woooooo

manderly
September 4th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Hi-ho, manderly here, finally feeling like uploading and posting my most recent hair photos for your viewing pleasure

I'm about 3 weeks late for my actual anniversary, due to sheer laziness. I do, however, have photos from that date, as well as some from today!

Now you may all bask in the glory *snort* of my pathetically slow-growing hair (c'mon, I can't follow a squiggy update thread!! no fair! :p). It probably doesn't help that I am not afraid of those scissors, and a 1/2 inch trim when the ends are getting crummy doesn't daunt me.

As a refresher, here's where I started my LHC journey.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG0954.jpg

And here's my 1 year anniversary photo! These are roller-setted curls.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/2591f00f.jpg

Here's a true anniversary photo. I combed out the curls so I could see the actual length, hence the sloppy mess. And I have NO idea if that kooky long bit is because my hair is just falling weird or if my hemline is all jacked up!! Why don't you people tell me these things?!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG2230.jpg

This is post-trim on the same day. I saw that kooky long bit and freaked a little. Plus I freshened up my layers a bit. Trimmed using the high ponytale method, followed by Feye's. Still a bit crooked. :shrug: Oh well, curls hide all sorts of sins.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG2231.jpg

Here's the back of my head as of today....I had some good curls (natural) going on so I wanted a photo (this is what motivated me to upload photos finally!). It's darker than the previous photos because I dyed it with Natural Instincts last week to cover the orange faded ends. It's a bit darker than I expected (darn that porosity!!) but it's a semi-perm color so it should fade nicely.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG2236.jpg

Bye! :waving:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG2237.jpg

Oh, and I'm down 18 lbs to boot!

And this concludes our anniversary thread. You may go about your business as usual. :flower:

eresh
September 4th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Great progress and lovely curls!

And I have to add I think you've got a really pretty face :)

dolcevita
September 4th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Wow!! Your hair looks great with the curls combed out! Looks like Cosmo magazine covergirl hair!! Lovely :)

patience
September 4th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Happy Anniversary! :cheese:

Lovely and healthy hair growth.
Such a pretty face. Your curls suit you.

Melisande
September 4th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I'm so glad to see photos - they were long due, you know! And of your pretty face, too. You really spoil us today ;-)

Great progress. I'm envious of those waves. Really beautiful. And weightloss - well let's not go there! You look great!!! And how wonderful to see you smile.

Who knew two years ago that your hair would change so much?

And about the slow progress - after all, it's the quality that counts, not the quantity.

rhubarbarin
September 4th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I love that last pic Manderly. You're so pretty.

Congrats on the hair growth, great progress! And on the weight loss. :)

melikai
September 4th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Gorgeous curls and such shine! You look great. Congratulations on 2 years!

DavidN
September 4th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Congratulations, Manderly, on your 2 year anniversary (I remembered when you joined!), and here's to many more years in our community. I cannot get over how much your hair has grown, and it has gotten curlier as well, and is shiny and healthy!

Rohele
September 4th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Beautiful hair - I absolutely love your curls. You have a few photos in the curly and wurly thread that make me green with envy. :)

Not to take away from your anniversary post, but did you say you self trimmed layers? How? I'm sick of paying $80 for teeny tiny trims and would like to try to trim my own.

manderly
September 4th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Not to take away from your anniversary post, but did you say you self trimmed layers? How? I'm sick of paying $80 for teeny tiny trims and would like to try to trim my own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYMyJ-LR8so
:)

WelshLocks
September 4th, 2009, 04:39 PM
You and your hair both look beautiful. :)

I really admire your curls(or waves) they are just so gosh darn pretty!I'm really happy for you!

:) Keep growing!

smilinjenn71
September 4th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Awesome progress Manderly!

I like your new color too. Hey and and extra plus, this year you don't have a flower growing out of your head :p hehehehe

manderly
September 4th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Awesome progress Manderly!

I like your new color too. Hey and and extra plus, this year you don't have a flower growing out of your head :p hehehehe

hahahaha, I saw that too!! I was hoping no one would notice :p :cheese:

Thank you for all the kind words guys :flowers:

smilinjenn71
September 4th, 2009, 04:43 PM
hahahaha, I saw that too!! I was hoping no one would notice :p :cheese:

Thank you for all the kind words guys :flowers:

OOOOPS! My bad! Honestly here... we're all focused on the hair. The flower is just a nice accessory.;)

Silver Strands
September 4th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Happy Anniversary!
Your hair looks great and you're such a pretty young lady.

I always enjoy your posts also.
You have quite a few of them I see! :D

KarpatiiSiv
September 4th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Happy Anniversary and congrats on great hair growth. Beautiful curls and shine. Well done on the weight loss as well.:D

Rohele
September 4th, 2009, 04:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYMyJ-LR8so
:)

Thank you, manderly!

wintersun99
September 4th, 2009, 04:57 PM

serious
September 4th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Beautiful hair, awesome curls!
And I like your new color, you look great in the last photo!
Congrats!

LaurenH
September 4th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Nice progress! I love your curls!! :)

Dvips
September 4th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Lovely curls! I think your hair looks so healthy and shiny in its progress!

Tangles
September 4th, 2009, 05:38 PM
You and your hair look divine! I know it can be hard for people on the curlier end of the spectrum, but trust me, the difference is remarkable.

NiAosSi
September 4th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Happy Anniversay! Those curls came out with a vengeance! I'm so jealous of curlies...:wigtongue:wink:

spidermom
September 4th, 2009, 05:42 PM
You look sensational.

Ndnlady
September 4th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Your hair is beautifully thick! I like the color you dyed it too.:)

GlassEyes
September 4th, 2009, 06:15 PM
You know, I really like the darker hair. It suits you. Not that the other color wasn't pretty too, but don't feel odd having it until it fades out a bit--looks nice.

AND YAY FOR CURLY HAIR. BOOYA. :p

JamieLeigh
September 4th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!! Also, congrats on your weight loss. And happy anniversary! :flower:

manderly
September 4th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Glasseyes, I prefer the dark brown on me as well. I dye it that and it fades to the chestnut. It just looked BLACK this time around. I didn't realize it had faded and settled into a nice dark brown until I looked more closely at the pic :)

RoseRedDead
September 4th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Your curls look great! I really like the darker colour on you... and congratulations on your weightloss! :flowers:

Liluri
September 4th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary and your lovely hair. Those curls are just gorgeous :)

SimplyViki
September 4th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Very pretty hair! Nice progress. I like the curlier pics a lot.

vindo
September 4th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Happy Anniversary!

You have made a lot of progress and it grew so even and healthy, just great!

Also love the current, cooler shade! :)

JessTheMess
September 4th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Your hair looks amazing! I see a lot of growth and I gotta tell ya I love the darker color.
Congrats on the hair growth and weight loss!

Yayasmurf
September 4th, 2009, 08:21 PM
It looks great :cheer:

flyfaraway
September 4th, 2009, 08:26 PM
What beautiful curly hair! :D
Congratulations.

Paniscus
September 4th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Congrats! On all progress all around- you're still looking beautiful!

Garnet66
September 4th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Your hair looks beautiful. Congrats on your anniversary.

Tressie
September 4th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Manderly, you look wonderful and so does your hair!! I love the loose curls and the shine! Now if I could just lose 18 lbs....or 10, or 2.............I have started walking though!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos with us!

MsBubbles
September 4th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Congrats on 2 years, Manderly! Pretty and thick, shiny hair! Big congrats too on the 18 lbs.

Nightshade
September 4th, 2009, 09:45 PM
How did I miss this earlier! That's some badass awesome progress you've got going there!

Total curl-envy here. :)

Your hair looks so much healthier, too!

kmouse43
September 4th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Your hair is so beautiful, I looove the curls! You look so pretty! Congrats on the weight loss!

Oskimosa
September 4th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Looking great! I had no idea your hair could get that curly, it usually looks like alot of nice waves and body rather than curls, but either way looks fantastic! Are you also growing out your bangs?

LutraLutra
September 5th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Happy anniversary :cheer: You and your curls are looking great.

Charlotte
September 5th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Happy 2nd LHC anniversary. Your hair is looking gorgeous - that's some serious growth over the last two years especially since you are not afraid of those scissors! :) Congrats on the weight loss too - I know how difficult that can be (I lost about 12kg of post baby fat about 8 years ago). You have a very pretty face too. :)

buzzbee34
September 5th, 2009, 04:39 AM
congrats on all your progress and happy belated hairaversary

Ryanne
September 5th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Happy Anniversary, it looks lovely.

Rentlle
September 5th, 2009, 08:44 AM
lovely curls!!!! :D

Addy
September 5th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Your hair looks fabulous Manderly! Great growth and Happy Anniversary! :)

manderly
September 5th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Thank you for all the wonderful compliments, everyone. I couldn't have done it without you all :flowers:

windinherhair
September 5th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't have even said anything about "slow growing." I can really see a difference! Maybe I will understand better after I see my one year pictures. Your hair must grow well even when you were cutting. I like it when you have your hair curly. It is very pretty! Oh, and happy 2 year anniversary! :)

And congrats on the weight loss!!!

Jessikinz
September 5th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Wow, your curls are beautiful! And you are too! Happy anniversary:D

lawyermom
September 5th, 2009, 10:55 PM
you look fantastic! congratulations - on both the hair and the 18 lbs :)

squiggyflop
September 29th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Now you may all bask in the glory *snort* of my pathetically slow-growing hair (c'mon, I can't follow a squiggy update thread!! no fair! :p). It probably doesn't help that I am not afraid of those scissors, and a 1/2 inch trim when the ends are getting crummy doesn't daunt me.

Oh, and I'm down 18 lbs to boot!. :flower:
i cant believe i didnt see this thread.. sorry about having my anniversary before yours.. if it helps you arent going to be seeing many progress threads from me because i cant keep away from the scissors.. i ended up trimming another inch this weekend..

wow 18 pounds! thats great.:cheese:. may i ask for a pm with how you did it?.. (squiggy is getting chubby)..

i'm loving the curls in your latest pics.. though there is something to be said for those thick waves.. you have had alot of progress..

little_acorn
September 29th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Beautiful curls Manderly - happy anniversary :flower:

Juneii
September 29th, 2009, 04:31 PM
those curls are beautiful as are you, I envy you so much. I think the darker color looks nice.

congrats on the two years! :D

jojo
September 29th, 2009, 04:56 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG2230.jpg

Lovely progress and well done on the weightloss (BTW if you want it back ive found it!) and I love the flower growing out of the top of your head look, very elegant. Maybe some instructions on how to achieve this look?!!:D

flyfaraway
September 29th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Such beautiful, glossy curls...! :D

I'm jealous.

Fencai
September 29th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Both your hair and you are Great!!! Both very pretty! Happy Anniversary!

Elphie
September 29th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Happy Anniversary, Manderly! Your hair looks gorgeous and congratulations on the weight loss (doing the same here!).

LOL @ the flower growing out of your head, too funny!

Chrissy
September 29th, 2009, 05:56 PM
You and your hair are beautiful!! Thanks for the progress report. Congrats on the weight loss also. No matter what your size you are very pretty!!!

BlueWaterRed
September 29th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Happy Anniversary, Manderly. You look deservedly happy in your last photo with such beautiful hair. Your wonderful sense of humor is having a good effect on your hair too!

jivete
September 29th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Wow, I somehow missed this thread too. Looks great Manderly. I do love the darker color.

RavennaNight
September 29th, 2009, 09:02 PM
You and your hair are lovely! Great progress! Happy anniversary!:joy: