PDA

View Full Version : Some LHC Progress!

dolcevita
September 4th, 2009, 03:49 PM
July 2008 vs July 2009:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2541&pictureid=49541

Although I love my waves short like that because they curled up perfect all the time, I am in love with how they are growing out and becoming more unique with length!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2541&pictureid=49530

I just wanted to share this comparison picture I did.

Picture on the left: taken April 11, 2009
Picture on the right: taken May 04, 2009

What changed in between? A trim at the end of April (but a very microtrim), henna two days before the second picture was taken.

What did I do to my hair? In both pictures I blowdryed and straightened. Yeah, it's bad. No I don't do it regularly!

I am just so impressed with the difference! I realize that the colour of my shirt makes the visual comparison more difficult since more gaps in my hair show through with the brighter shirt, but it's still improvement in my eyes!:cheese:(I feel like this is the most appropriate time for a dancing cheese!)

These are my natural waves:

October 2008, one of my first LHC pictures, air-dryed waves with some aloe gel:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/2949698180_932bf8942a.jpg

July 2009, air-dryed waves, a bit of detangler sprayed into the ends when wet but otherwise product free
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2541&pictureid=49231

July 2009, after an SMT my hair was just shining so much!!!!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2541&pictureid=49537

I've never felt confident starting one of these threads until now! I feel proud of the progress I've made with my hair! I used to blow dry and straighten every day. Never leave the house without my hair done. Rip brushes through it. Now I am embracing my natural wave and am rewarded with some healthy hair! I've also learned SO MUCH about health care and hair care and simply life from my fellow LHC-ers!

Oh what an adventure it's been and I can't wait to do another one of these threads in a year or so... I am already excited about the progress that the next year holds!

dolcevita
September 4th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Oops double post sorry!

patience
September 4th, 2009, 04:03 PM
That's quite a dramatic difference in such a short time. :thumbsup:

Dawna
September 4th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Your hair is beautiful, and so are you! You don't need to do anything else to it!

LaurenH
September 4th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Your hair looks GREAT! :) Congrats on your wonderful progress!

dolcevita
September 4th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks Patience, Dawna, and LaurenH!!!

kdaniels8811
September 4th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Wow! Your hair looks great, congratulations! I LOVE this forum! Thanks for posting pictures, it is fun to see everyone's progress. I will try to post some of mine...

dolcevita
September 5th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Wow! Your hair looks great, congratulations! I LOVE this forum! Thanks for posting pictures, it is fun to see everyone's progress. I will try to post some of mine...

Thanks kdaniels! I take that as a huge compliment as I've always been inspired by your hair!

marikamt
September 5th, 2009, 10:53 AM
The ends look so different! What an improvement! congratulations.. :flower:
Can I ask what routine you followed to get the results?

cocolover
September 5th, 2009, 11:06 AM
You should be proud, your hair has changed a lot in a short amount of time. Good job!:cheer:

Addy
September 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Lookin good! :cool:

LutraLutra
September 5th, 2009, 12:17 PM
That's amazing progress :cheer: Lots of dancing cheese for you :cheese: :cheese: and dancing banana too :disco:

Ryanne
September 5th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Very nice, the progress is really noticeable.

Indigo Girl
September 5th, 2009, 05:04 PM
You've made wonderful progress. Congratulations on your healthy growth! :flower:

rach
September 5th, 2009, 05:09 PM
wow!! well done you must be really please:D

Chrissy
September 5th, 2009, 05:51 PM
You're hair looks great! I can definitely see a difference. Oh and I love your eyebrows!! You have a very nice arch.

Medievalmaniac
September 5th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Wow, there is a major and very noticeable difference from the first pic to the last - well done! You must be so excited!!

windinherhair
September 5th, 2009, 06:01 PM
You should feel proud! It's looking beautiful. It is amazing what a difference we can make with our hair from what we learn on LHC. :)

yellowchariot
September 5th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Your hair is awesome! Great progression! Your doing fine! keep it up! :thumbsup:

dolcevita
September 9th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I'd like to thank everyone in this thread for their compliments and praise!! It feels great hearing from all of you after I've been admiring your hair throughout my journey!

Thanks again and here's to many more years of healthy, beautiful growth!

JamieLeigh
September 10th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Very nice progress! Your ends look much thicker and it looks like you've even gained a little length. I love those waves. :flower:

maxzeen
September 10th, 2009, 08:35 AM
your hair is beautiful!

Robinlyn
September 10th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Beautiful hair...thank you so much for sharing! Btw..love your quote :)