PDA

View Full Version : I had a "whoa it's long!" moment!

nmarie33
September 4th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Well, I have been wearing my hair up or braided in some fashion almost constantly lately. Even at home it's been getting too hot to have it hanging all over my neck so I've been braiding it. I haven't seen it down really in a month or two.

So I went out to dinner with some family a couple days ago and decided to leave it down. It felt so long! I went to look at the back of my head in the mirror, and it has grown so long that I couldn't see it all in the mirror! I had to scoot all the way across the room and stand in the bathtub in order to get far enough away to see it all.

My boyfriend was stoked to see it getting close to my waist. It's probably there when it's wet. YAY! :cheese:

Medievalmaniac
September 4th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Yay! It's really a very satisfying moment, when you first realize that it actually IS growing, isn't it? :) Enjoy!!!

natt i nord
September 4th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Oh, I know such moments :D
Congratz! :)

Addy
September 4th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I think it's excitinging too, especially when you've been wearing it up all the time. I did that from apl-bsl. I went into ignore hair mode and it grew a bunch! :D

I went for awhile wearing it down and now, I'm back into ignore hair mode so we'll see what kinda length I can pull off by the end of the year. I had a goal of hitting waist by Christmas but I dunno if I'll make it... *fingers crossed* :cool:

Kiraela
September 4th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Yay! I love moments like that, when you realize that it is much longer than last time you paid attention!

simply_me
September 4th, 2009, 02:02 PM
That's awesome! Hope it happens to me, too. :)

Qamar
September 6th, 2009, 10:46 PM
That's such a great feeling!

I had one myself when I saw a photo of me at the beach last December. My hair was about waist then and now its flirting with tailbone. :) Congratulations on your growth--before you know it, you'll be at tailbone!

HappyHair87
September 7th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I think i should go into "ignore hair mode":shrug:

Tressie
September 7th, 2009, 10:58 PM
YEESSSSS!!! Pumps fist in air!! Congratulations!!!

JamieLeigh
September 8th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Congrats on your "long" moment! You'll be having more and more of these, so celebrate 'em! :flower:

camirra555
September 8th, 2009, 08:48 AM
That's great! I need to learn to ignore my hair too :)