PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going to a hair salon...

Monkey962
September 4th, 2009, 11:55 AM
...and not for the reason you might think.

You see, I am an avid cyclist. So avid that I ran into (excuse the pun) a spot of bother leaving me with DEFCON 3 road rash on my forearms. They're healing pretty well, just not quickly enough for my liking. Problem is, I can't really shower very well and not without being in a bit of pain.

So, I've been thinking of going to a hair salon for a simple shampoo, but ever since I started to grow my hair, I've avoided them entirely. So I'm curious, how much would it cost me? Could I bring my own shampoo? Would they blowfry my hair afterwards? I would imagine I could ask them not to.
Thank y'all in advance. :D

marikamt
September 4th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Just for that, I would go to a "cheapy" place like Cost Cutters or something... I know I have gone there for a trim and It is about $12 w/ no shampoo or bow-dry... I would think for that (or less) they would shampoo and not dry unless you wanted them too... I also think you would be able to bring your own shampoo.... or, can you have a friend help you at home?????

SHELIAANN1969
September 4th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I am sorry that it's difficult to wash your hair. :grouphug:

I would think it would cost 5$ or less, depending on the salon, for someone wto wash your hair, you could call several in your area, explain, and go from there.

I would also assume that a mom n pop typle salon would be least expensive.

Beauty schools would be the best bargain.

Don't you have anyone to help you at all? Can you call a friend or family member?

Also, the salon should do just what you request, if you want a wash with your own products, and no blow dry, they *should* do just that.

I hope you can find a helping hand close by, such as a friend or family member. :flower:

LutraLutra
September 4th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Ouch, that sounds nasty, hope it gets better soon.

Are you sure you don't have any friends or family you could bribe into giving you a shampoo? They might want to help more than you think. :)

As for the price, it really depends on what kind of place you go to. I'm sure somewhere cheap would shampoo you just as well as an expensive place, so maybe your local barbers could be good place and I'm sure they wouldn't mind you bringing your own lotions and potions with you.

Edit - hahah! Looks like me and SHELIAANN1969 had a meeting of minds. :wink:

heatherdazy
September 4th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I'd call around. They'll give you a price and tell you if it's okay to bring your own product. I think you'll have better luck in a small, locally owned salon, as cost cutters type places have corporate rules that would forbid them from using any products without a material safety data sheet.

I personally would charge $5 for this service, including detangling with a wide tooth comb afterward (and my cuts are $35, if that puts it in perspective for you)

Jim
September 4th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I had a similar situation once... broken arm in a cast. I recommend going to a beauty school. Ask for a shampoo and a french braid done damp. They have to learn them anyway, they look good, and off you go clean and neat for maybe $10. I doubt they would mind you bringing your own shampoo.

Jim