PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair Moment!

LittleOrca
September 4th, 2009, 11:03 AM
In my bathroom we have two mirrors on opposing walls. The first mirror is a three-panel medicine cabinet and the other is just a large mirror on the wall. When I am working with my hair I open some doors on the cabinent mirror and angle them right so I can see the back of my hair when I am looking into the large one on the other wall.

Recently I have noticed I have to stand on my tippy-toes to see the ends of my hair when I am checking how they look after I have combed my hair. When I first got here I didn't have to do that, I had to get my heels a little off the ground, but not nearly as much as I have to now! Woo! :D

eresh
September 4th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Yay!! That's a new milestone for sure :-D

Funny how these things creep up on you.
I remember being like "what??" when I had to stand on the toilet to be able to see & check how my ends looked in the mirror *lol*

Medievalmaniac
September 4th, 2009, 11:34 AM
YAY! I do the same thing with my mirrors, lol. My DH is like, "It looks the same in every mirror..." he doesn't get it. But he thinks it is funny...!

Monkey962
September 4th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Reminds me of when I had to move to the bathroom to take my length shots to get all of my hair in. :)

ladylibra
September 4th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I love milestone moments! :D

Ruvie
September 4th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Congrats Orca, thats great :) Maybe you could make a how-to video on your youtube soon: "how to see all of your hair in a mirror: for longhairs":eyebrows:

nmarie33
September 4th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Hahaha I just posted about having the same "problem."

simply_me
September 4th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Congrats on our moment! You have lovely hair.

little_acorn
September 4th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Woot - thats a great long hair moment :D

I've just reached a new one of not being able to move my head at work because my hair has got trapped in the back of my chair - ouch !

Rentlle
September 4th, 2009, 03:07 PM
wooooh, that must be a great feeling!! :D

halo_tightens
September 4th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Congrats on the milestone!!

Your hair is as lovely as you are. :flower:

LittleOrca
September 4th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Congrats on the milestone!!

Your hair is as lovely as you are. :flower:

:) I know it was meant as a compliment and I did go "aww" and feel warm and fuzzy about it, but then I thought "What if I don't like the current state of my hair?" lol

:flower:

silverspun
September 6th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I used to have to do that too! when i had long hair.......

Nowadays i just have phantom long hair moments... expecting to feel it slide down my back, bracing for my hair being pulled when i move around in bed- now it's so short it just feels like my hair is constantly up, but in truth it's above my shoulders.

Laylah
September 6th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Congrats on your milestone! :D

Silverspun, that too happened to me after I cut my hair. Two years ago, I had tailbone length hair that I cut to a bob. I would reach over to toss my hair over the back of a chair, when I realized I was grabbing at air :(

JamieLeigh
September 8th, 2009, 09:05 AM
See?!?! It's growing. Patience, darling, patience! :flower: