PDA

View Full Version : w....w....waist......maybe?

Medievalmaniac
September 4th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Is it cheating to call this waist...?

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/simonebeauvoir2/maybewaist2.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x45/simonebeauvoir2/maybewaist.jpg

even if it isn't...it's still definitely longer than it was in July! :cheese:

eadwine
September 4th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Yes, you need one more short inch by the looks. But congrats with the growth!!

teela1978
September 4th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I think waist is often defined by where your bellybutton is (or roundthereabouts... not on everyone though). Is it close to bellybutton length? Where do you think your waist is? (sometimes it's hard to tell on another person)

misspriss
September 4th, 2009, 10:53 AM
To find your waist, suck in tummy and tie a string around the smallest part, tightly, it will probably go to the actual tiniest spot when you let the belly out. Take a picture while the string is there, and if the hair reaches the string, it's waist!

Medievalmaniac
September 4th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I have a long waist...it's hard to gauge, but I don't think it is quite bellybutton length yet. But if I tilt my head just about 25 degrees or so either way, it sits in the curve above my hips...so even if I'm not there, I'm alllmost there! And that's just thrilling in the extreme...hurrah for the LHC!! :D

marikamt
September 4th, 2009, 10:55 AM
it is really, really, really close... maybe by next month.... but you can definitely call it "almost waist"...
it looks great!!! Waist is my goal and I am not as close as you are... I am still BSL...... it does look like it is at your elbows though, I will hit waist before I hit elbow (I have freakishly long arms).

Medievalmaniac
September 4th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks MissPriss - and excellent eye, Eadwine! I'm about 3/4" from waist according to the string theory. Huzzah!

Thinthondiel
September 4th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I think waist is often defined by where your bellybutton is (or roundthereabouts... not on everyone though). Is it close to bellybutton length? Where do you think your waist is? (sometimes it's hard to tell on another person)

The waist is often higher up than the bellybutton... sometimes quite a bit higher. The waist is, as misspriss said, the narrowest part of the torso.

ETa: Medievealmaniac - congrats on almost reaching waist! :)

Medievalmaniac
September 4th, 2009, 11:06 AM
it is really, really, really close... maybe by next month.... but you can definitely call it "almost waist"...
it looks great!!! Waist is my goal and I am not as close as you are... I am still BSL...... it does look like it is at your elbows though, I will hit waist before I hit elbow (I have freakishly long arms).

I began LHCing at BSL in July - I started by taking the hair, skin and nails supplements and drinking more water, plus coconut oil and scalp massages 3X a week, and it has really, visually lengthened since then - so you may hit your goal of waist before you know it!! My goal is tailbone in the end, but since it was chopped and layered from just above to just below my shoulders in 2007, and I've cut off about four or five inches since then, I'm really happy with my progress. And all the little frizzies...? For the first time in my life that I can recall, those aren't damage, they're new growth! Thrilling. :):)

Medievalmaniac
September 4th, 2009, 11:08 AM

Thank you! Oh - and can I add, my DH thinks that the standing in front of every mirror in the house snapping photos of the back of my head is the most bizarre thing he has ever seen me do...! lol He gives me the craziest looks when he catches me at it. :p

savanah
September 4th, 2009, 01:36 PM
congrats on your growth it looks great , i would love to be at your length

invisiblebabe
September 4th, 2009, 01:42 PM
You are very very close to waist... and your hair is lovely!!

little_acorn
September 4th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Wow thats some great growth and you are definitely not far off - you must be so excited :D

Arashi
September 4th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I think you need about an inch to solidly be at waist.
Congrats though, you're so close. :)

teela1978
September 4th, 2009, 10:43 PM
The waist is often higher up than the bellybutton... sometimes quite a bit higher. The waist is, as misspriss said, the narrowest part of the torso.

yes. thus my 'often' and 'not on everyone' comments. on me, and many of my friends it's very close to bellybutton.

peachrose
September 4th, 2009, 10:46 PM
I'd say just about there, looks amazing!

Chibbylick
September 4th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Nearly there... I'm jealous!
Chibby

Medievalmaniac
September 5th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Thank you, everybody!!! Not to sound too cheesy, but really - every inch I grow is closer to a dream come true for me. :)

marikamt
September 5th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Thank you! Oh - and can I add, my DH thinks that the standing in front of every mirror in the house snapping photos of the back of my head is the most bizarre thing he has ever seen me do...! lol He gives me the craziest looks when he catches me at it. :p

Haha... mine too... he literally falls over laughing at me..... :D

Rentlle
September 5th, 2009, 09:11 AM
no, not waist i think..
give it an inch or two...

Gladtobemom
September 5th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Not quite waist length.

On the other hand, it'll be fairly quick to tailbone. :grin:

Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous, BTW.

kam984420
September 5th, 2009, 10:00 AM
not quite waist length. Happy growing!:cheese:

Redheaded Raven
September 5th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Medievalmaniac, don't worry it won't be very long at all an you will be officially waist, or tailbone or classic. After all good things come to those who wait. :D