PDA

View Full Version : How nice!

Quixii
September 4th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Thought you guys might appreciate this little event. :)
In my PE class, we mostly have boys that sport the short, gelled hair and girls with the shoulder-BSL hair. However, there is one guy with healthy looking maybe waist length straight brown hair. I had a feeling someone would tease him - the boys at my school are practically known for teasing - but not a word had been said yet. But today we had a bit of down time and he got the inevitable question "Why is your hair long?" which started a flurry of "Why don't you cut it?" and "What made you get it long?" and whatever else that I knew (from personal experience) could lead to less inquiring and more criticising - when one such short gelled hair guy says loudly, "Obviously he has it long because he likes it long!" and everyone shut up. For some reason this moment made me really happy. :D

Arashi
September 4th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Lol, if only the rest of the world would accept that reason as easily as your class did.

Aditi
September 4th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Its really nice of that guy to take long haired guy's side else boys can be the most worst critics when it comes to criticizing a boy having long hair.

CrystalStar
September 4th, 2009, 12:50 AM
What a sweet sounding guy to stick up for him! I love moments like these :D

embee
September 4th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Heh. Good for him, the speaker-up!

And that's why *I* have long hair too! Maybe I shall use that response for any criticisms I get.... :)

longhairedfairy
September 4th, 2009, 05:27 AM
That makes me happy, too.:D

Addy
September 4th, 2009, 06:31 AM
I could feel my self gulp as the first question was asked.

It's nice to see that one of his peers said "Obviously he likes it long" and shut the class up. :) Kudos to him for not keeping the ball rolling out of control! :cool:

halo_tightens
September 4th, 2009, 06:52 AM
That's so encouraging to hear!

My little brother went off to kindergarten with gorgeous curls almost to his waist, and ended up deciding to cut it shorter because he was tired of being teased and called a girl.

JamieLeigh
September 4th, 2009, 08:52 AM
That's awesome!! Kids and teens aren't always that nice, so that kid is lucky to be in school around such accepting peers. :)

Ruvie
September 5th, 2009, 03:48 AM
that made me smile :)

aada
September 5th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Excellent story! I really think the phrase that stopped the discussion could be used to stop SEVERAL varieties of questions.. :D