PDA

View Full Version : Best braid waves galore.. woohoo and growth to boot

eadwine
September 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Gotta love that :D Just took this picture earlier on and I HAD to post right away.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/2954/braidwaves.jpg

Who knows.. maybe waist by the end of the year *bes hopeful*

eresh
September 3rd, 2009, 02:12 PM
:cheese:Nice waves

I think you'll be at waist before you know it!

SimplyViki
Yup, quite a lot of growth since the avatar pic that went *poof*. :p What happened to that avatar pic, btw? I didn't recognize a few of your posts at first.

Waist by the end of the year definitely looks like a possibility. :D

eadwine
I so hope so!
After that on to tailbone :D

Now for a waist length braid.. *pulls hair* growwww

eadwine
September 3rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
Yup, quite a lot of growth since the avatar pic that went *poof*. :p What happened to that avatar pic, btw? I didn't recognize a few of your posts at first.

Waist by the end of the year definitely looks like a possibility. :D
I took them down. I was angry at some things that I won't get into right here, but that is where things went :)

It'll be fun to wear the hair down again for the holidays :)

Heidi_234
September 3rd, 2009, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I think you'll be solidly waist by Jan 2010 :D (unless your growth rate is slower than average).

eadwine
September 3rd, 2009, 02:26 PM
Just have to see that I don't need a cut before then!

Wait and see, and otherwise it'll be a bit later. I can live through that hehe

rags
September 3rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Beautiful! And I too didn't recognize you - though your new kitty is adorable!

spidermom
September 3rd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Congratulations on the growth. Your hair looks lovely in braid waves.

eadwine
September 3rd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks!! Same old me, and same old kittie thank goodness! :D

little_acorn
September 3rd, 2009, 02:32 PM
OOh good growth and lovely braid waves :D

Silver & Gold
September 3rd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Very nice waves! And you have some great growth too. Look out waist . . . here it comes!

Cinnamon Hair
September 3rd, 2009, 07:16 PM
Nice waves! Count me as another person who didn't recognize the kitty avatar, but I like it.

LaurenH
September 3rd, 2009, 07:22 PM
Beautiful looking braid waves! Braid waves are the BEST! :)

Tressie
September 3rd, 2009, 07:47 PM
Looking really great!!! Congratulations~

Charlotte
September 3rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
Very nice braidwaves - so thick and lush looking! I love your black kitty cat avatar too. :)

Ryanne
September 3rd, 2009, 11:51 PM
Pretty waves, nice growth.

rkyobo
September 3rd, 2009, 11:54 PM
I'm going for classic length by Christmas - but doubt I'll make it. My hair is healthier than it's ever been and has grown a lot since I moved to Guam!

rkyobo
September 4th, 2009, 12:10 AM
I really love your hair! Your hair is proof that fine hair can also look absolutely gorgeous! Just beautiful!

Aditi
September 4th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Lovely braid waves :thumbsup: I think you will reach waist length earlier than end of the year :)

eadwine
September 4th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Thanks everyone!! I don't know if I will reach it sooner, I am not counting on that. Summer is over after all and it is getting cooler again. The heat sure helped with the growth here!

But we'll see, I am at least glad that I can get to my goal without too much trouble. Doesn't look like I am close to terminal yet :D

eresh
September 4th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Just saying I looooove your new avatar!!
(and your waves)

julya
September 4th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Your waves look great! And you kitty is very pretty!

eadwine
September 4th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Thank you!!

I am glad about my waves, but more glad my 18 year old is still amongst us.. it's been tricky for a bit, she lost lots of weight, but she is eating again and has had pills. Back to non-skeletal kitty soon I hope!!

Charlotte
September 4th, 2009, 01:52 AM
I can't believe that your kitty cat is 18 years old!!! Her photo looks so much younger. You must look after her really well. :) Here's to more years yet for your fur baby in good health. I know a few cats that have lived into their 20's!! :)

eadwine
September 4th, 2009, 02:01 AM
I think she was 17.5 when I took that picture, too lazy to look up the date :lol: But yeah.. she is very well taken care of. Also it IS a matter of luck.. the cat has to be strong of body as well of course, if it gets sick it is not always something you could have controlled/prevented after all.

I do hope she gets to be 20!!

Here is a youtube vid of the poor thing.. I am talking Dutch here, but you can compare it with older vids of Dixie and see how thin she got. Span of two weeks or so, that this happened. But.. as you can see in that vid, she is eating like crazy again. Of course small portions spread out :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlkzgmRMlOE

Medievalmaniac
September 4th, 2009, 04:07 AM
waist really is an end of the year possibility for you - nay, a probability! How exciting! Congratulations on your amazing growth! :)

JamieLeigh
September 4th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Love the waves! And congrats on new growth, I also feel you'll be waistlength by the holidays. :D

eadwine
September 4th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks ladies! :D

I had a bun in all day, just like yesterday, and here are the braidwaves I got from that one. Uncombed :)

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2954/braidwaves.jpg

HRMPH.. took about 15 pictures of this one, but my arm is too short ROFL Oh well hehe

*loves braidwaves!!*

eresh
September 4th, 2009, 11:32 AM
*puts on sunglasses*
the shine the shine....:D

eadwine
September 4th, 2009, 11:34 AM
The flash, the flash.. that sure helped :lol:

Thanks though! :D

eresh
September 5th, 2009, 04:14 AM
I've seen your hair IRL, it's shiny without the extra lighting too ;)

eadwine
September 5th, 2009, 04:18 AM
*grins* Thanks!

That is something only others can judge.. I am way too close to my own hair to see it :lol:

Charlotte
September 5th, 2009, 05:02 AM
I think she was 17.5 when I took that picture, too lazy to look up the date :lol: But yeah.. she is very well taken care of. Also it IS a matter of luck.. the cat has to be strong of body as well of course, if it gets sick it is not always something you could have controlled/prevented after all.

I do hope she gets to be 20!!

Here is a youtube vid of the poor thing.. I am talking Dutch here, but you can compare it with older vids of Dixie and see how thin she got. Span of two weeks or so, that this happened. But.. as you can see in that vid, she is eating like crazy again. Of course small portions spread out :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlkzgmRMlOE

Oh she's lovely... :p and SO vocal too!! I love it when they converse with you. She really seems to be enjoying that dinner. I know that kitty cats can go down fast (and skinny) when they won't eat but it looks as though you've pulled her back from the brink. I think that she is here to stay for a few more years. ;) :D

eadwine
September 5th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Pulled her back.. yes.. by the gums of her teeth though!!

She needs pills for the rest of her life, but hey.. whatever works!

And yeah, she is much more active again, and gained some weight. Simply picking her up and I can feel it.

As vocal as she is, she is pretty much 100% deaf both ears. But she listens to signs I make with my hands, which mind you she learned at age 16-17 back when she could still hear and I started noticing she was getting deaf.

Quite a feat.. for such an age!

Charlotte
September 5th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Simply wonderful! :p Animals are just so intelligent. I'm sure she knows how well she is loved too. :) BTW, I love the latest photo of your hair - incredibe shine and thickness!

eadwine
September 5th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks!! I am still just an ii though :D

Addy
September 5th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Your hair is so pretty and it has grown so much! :)

I love the kitty pic too.

halo_tightens
September 5th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Your hair is looking great-- I wish I had a little of that length, lol!

And your kitty looks like a sweetheart. I'm a huge cat-lover myself. :)

eadwine
September 5th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks so much!

She is such a sweetheart, honestly I was heartbroken when I realized I might have to give her up. Thank goodness not yet :D

Right now she eats the hair off my head hehe, 200g a day (in small portions of course) is something she can handle already. Good. Gain weight kitty! :D

yellowchariot
September 5th, 2009, 11:37 AM
eadwine,

You've got some great waves and length going on! :thumbsup:
btw what type of braid did you use?

Arkady
September 5th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Your hair looks lovely and healthy - I'm sure it'll be at your waist before Christmas!

eadwine
September 5th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks!!! :D

A simpel English one I think.. or is that French..
Left over middle, right over middle etcetc

I sure hope to be there by then :D

Arkady
September 5th, 2009, 12:19 PM
That's an English braid; a French braid starts at the top of your hair and gathers in hair as you go, whereas an English braid just starts at the nape of your neck. English braids are the only ones I can manage thus far; every time I try French braid it ends up going lop-sided. :)

eadwine
September 5th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Oh yeah. Thanks :)

What is a braid done just like the English one (starting at the nape like, so to speak), but that goes under instead of over?

Dutch braid is like French that goes under, but as said: it is like French and starts at the top, so that can't be it.

Charlotte
September 5th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks!! I am still just an ii though :D

Yeah, I'm barely a ii as well. :) That's why braid waves ROCK!!! - appearance of double the volume!!! heh heh :D

Sherri
September 5th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Nice braid waves you got going on. I didn't recognize the new avatar either. Your hair is really getting long.:)

eadwine
September 6th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Thanks Charlotte and Sherri :D