PDA

View Full Version : man grows longest hair in the world

indigonight
September 3rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYaYCPmFWKw

you got to give credit to this guy!

Aer
September 3rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
I can give him credit, thats some long hair!!! I wonder if his neck hurts sometimes with it all piled up on his head? You know thats got to be heavy. I wish I could get mine half that long, That takes dedication!

cakebaker
September 3rd, 2009, 01:16 PM
Wow! That was truly amazing. Yeah, I would think it would weigh so much he would have neck or back problems.

indigonight
September 3rd, 2009, 01:18 PM
I know but the fellow seems to be quite sprightly with it! his hair is basically one gigantic python of a dreadlock!

Morrighan
September 3rd, 2009, 01:21 PM
It looks like one giant dread lock to me. Don't dreads have shed hairs at the bottom that's attached to the other hairs? The only way to know how long his hair really is, is to undo the dread lock and remove the sheds.

JessTheMess
September 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
That would give me a headache lol! Holy Smokes

thankyousir74
September 3rd, 2009, 01:30 PM
That's amazing! I totally just sent the link to my DBF just now :D Totally cool, I wonder how many years he went with doing that (and I wish I knew what he was saying).

The Youtube comments are mean, but anyone could have predicted that :rolleyes:

Islandgrrl
September 3rd, 2009, 01:36 PM
Hey, whatever floats his boat. I comment the man for his commitment. In all honesty, though, it pretty much squicked me out. Looked like a big old icky Polish plait to me.

Fractalsofhair
September 3rd, 2009, 01:36 PM
Cool looking, but it does appear to be just one dreadlock, which means that that is not his terminal length. But if it were, that's a good reason for me to not grow to terminal! But it does look pretty cool. I suppose it could cause head problems and such, but no more than a giant bag of light weight fabric on his head!

Topaz
September 3rd, 2009, 01:45 PM
That's remarkable. Did you notice in the beginning that when he walked, he was moving very gingerly to try to keep his hair balanced on top of his head? Poor thing, he must have a neck ache at the end of the day. I applaud his fortitude and determination, but .... :confused:

spidermom
September 3rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
I'll have to give a pass on this guy. All his shed hair is knotted up with his new hair, so I don't think it should count toward the longest hair in the world. Longest matt-lock in the world, sure.

krn2891
September 3rd, 2009, 03:08 PM
I agree that it is not the longest hair in the world but the longest dreadlock in the world. We have no idea where is really hair ends and the old sheded hair begins.

flyfaraway
September 3rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
I'm sorry, but that hair is just not appealing.
I give him credit for growing it that long, but it's slightly disgusting looking.

LaurenH
September 3rd, 2009, 04:06 PM
WOW... :bigeyes:

marikamt
September 3rd, 2009, 04:16 PM
ummm.... looked really itchy to me..... maybe smelly...... sorry

BlackfootHair
September 3rd, 2009, 04:16 PM
I think I'll stop at waist. But to each his own! If he's willing to do what it takes to handle it everyday, more power to him.

rockkcor
September 3rd, 2009, 04:18 PM
Well - dreadlocks are not my favorite for sure - in fact I would not count them into category 'long hair' - but there is something about long hair - the dedication - that counts!
Never the less - I remember one great male long hair from you tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baUo_9Os8hM&feature=related
In fact I a trying to grow it that long...

Ruvie
September 3rd, 2009, 04:36 PM
Hmm...I..wouldnt want to touch it :( Sorry..but that grossed me out..

teela1978
September 3rd, 2009, 04:42 PM
Hey, whatever floats his boat. I comment the man for his commitment. In all honesty, though, it pretty much squicked me out. Looked like a big old icky Polish plait to me.

Pretty much this. I'm not sure I'd call that a dread.

Quixii
September 3rd, 2009, 05:25 PM
Honestly, I appreciate his dedication and effort, but it looks like long turd. ^^;; I would never want hair that long if it looked like that. (Not that I really want hair that long anyway.)

marikamt
September 3rd, 2009, 05:26 PM
Honestly, I appreciate his dedication and effort, but it looks like long turd. ^^;; I would never want hair that long if it looked like that. (Not that I really want hair that long anyway.)

OMG!!!! I can't stop laughing..... I think I just snorted....... :lol:

Charlotte
September 3rd, 2009, 05:32 PM
Sorry but that was really 'icky'... :eek:

rockkcor
September 3rd, 2009, 05:51 PM
Hey - this is the true one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFxSaYkNx9Q
Really - no dreads!

RavennaNight
September 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
Sorry but that was really 'icky'... :eek:

I second that. Sorry. Ick.

Shiva
September 3rd, 2009, 06:39 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/NorthernXposure/emoticons/conf202.gif

Holy moly... is that one big load of hair.

manderly
September 3rd, 2009, 06:43 PM
Makes you wonder how long his hair actually is. I get some wicked knots from shedded hairs that can get down to my waist or even hip sometimes. Of course, once I detangle and get the shed out, my hair is still only BSL. :shrug:

That, and it looked icky.

Syaoransbear
September 3rd, 2009, 06:49 PM
looks like a big ol' poopy on his head. It would be awesome if it could somehow be brushed out.

Shiva
September 3rd, 2009, 06:51 PM
I wonder how that guy walks around in a windstorm... ???

lhangel9
September 3rd, 2009, 06:57 PM
Looks like a giant dreadlock. However I wish I could grow mine half as long;)

Ndnlady
September 3rd, 2009, 07:24 PM
Yes I remember seeing that a while ago and thinking I wonder how long his hair actually is if it was combed out, a nice coney conditioner might do the trick....:)

pepperminttea
September 3rd, 2009, 07:24 PM
Really - no dreads!

That's more like it. :)

Reptilia
September 3rd, 2009, 07:27 PM
That massive dreadlock has got to be HEAVY!

Gotta love the "he should give some to locks of love" comments", I'm sure they would LOVE it lol.

Shiva
September 3rd, 2009, 07:27 PM
Yes I remember seeing that a while ago and thinking I wonder how long his hair actually is if it was combed out, a nice coney conditioner might do the trick....:)
you think he could even get a comb through that? I just can't see it... I think it would break off. It's probably held together with tangles and mats.

Tressie
September 3rd, 2009, 07:40 PM
looks like a big ol' poopy on his head. It would be awesome if it could somehow be brushed out.

This made me laugh until I got the hiccups! Sorry! HIC!:p

spidermom
September 3rd, 2009, 07:58 PM
Well - dreadlocks are not my favorite for sure - in fact I would not count them into category 'long hair' - but there is something about long hair - the dedication - that counts!
In fact I a trying to grow it that long...

There ya go! I give him credit for growing some fantabulous long hair, that's for sure.

Thinthondiel
September 3rd, 2009, 08:28 PM
I had never heard of a Polish plait before, but I just checked it out on Wikipedia, and I agree with those who said it looked like a huge Polish plait. I'm pretty sure it would fall under the definition of a Polish plait, actually.

Wow, his hair is gorgeous... I googled him and found a pic of him with a beautiful braid:

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2562/243092u.jpg

Gumball
September 3rd, 2009, 10:06 PM
I saw that a few years ago. Props to his determination! I would concur on the likeliness of a neck ache unless he managed to get used to it!

Gumball
September 3rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Really - no dreads!

I remember seeing a thread about that or at least a reference in one not too long ago. It's sure got a stage presence.

EtherealOde
September 3rd, 2009, 10:37 PM
It looks like a dinosaur poo'd on his head...I almost expected to see things living in it, urk.

Really - no dreads!
His hair is really healthy-looking. It must take a lot of work to keep it that way, and it shows he cares for it well. Longer than I think I could manage to care for, lol, but it sure is pretty!

Juneii
September 3rd, 2009, 10:41 PM
lol I find it funny. it seems like he's doing this to show off, for the most part he's saying "it's heavy as hell" and complains about it again and again. apparently he just leaves his hair alone and it tangled grew that way. somewhere in the middle he talks about cutting stray hairs to keep it from tangling but then after a while it grows out again and merges with the rest of his hair.

janiejones
September 3rd, 2009, 11:18 PM
Perhaps he isn't growing his hair for aesthetic reasons, but spiritual ones? Maybe not even affiliated with any organized religion....just a thought.

Solitude
September 3rd, 2009, 11:58 PM
Oh my.

I wonder how long it really is if it could be detangled.

Giant turd comments :spitting:

Arashi
September 4th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I agree with the people who said that it looks like a giant poopie on his head.. but hey, whatever floats his boat. :p

Loreley
September 4th, 2009, 12:52 AM
I think it looks disgusting... I don't wanna know what bugs and other creatures live in there. Like a dead snake. Yuck. But the length is amazing, yes. :run:

rockkcor
September 4th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Yes janiejones! I am sure that it all is about spiritual reasons! For me - long hair has very profound spiritual meaning! One is just living with nature and does not interfere with it!
Besides - remember John Lennon and Yoko Ono growing their hair for peace and love - remember 'Bed Peace - Hair Peace'?
No matter the organized religion - long hair is a natural gift! I am growing mine as I feel that it belongs to someone special... As it is for love - I'll let it grow forever! I think that is spiritual enough...

indigonight
September 4th, 2009, 07:53 AM
that singer from eyefear has simply gorgeous hair... it must be good having a partner who spends as much time and effort on growing his hair as one's self, or maybe not imagine the tangles that could result between the two of you or stealing each other's products LOL but that braid he is wearing is magnificent, I wish my hair was as beautiful! I agree the other guy's dreadlock is not very pleasing to the eye but gotta give him credit for patience and carrying that pile around!

JamieLeigh
September 4th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Wow. Ok, that's a lot of hair. Honestly? If I were on the fence about growing out my hair and saw this video before coming here to LHC and seeing nice shiny, well-cared-for hair.....I'd probably rethink it and chop. What's the fun of growing out your hair, if you just have to keep it in one giant dreadlock and hide it under a turban?? Half the fun of it, to me, is playing with it. Of course, I've never grown out my hair for spiritual reasons - just for fun, personally. :)

janiejones
September 4th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Besides - remember John Lennon and Yoko Ono growing their hair for peace and love - remember 'Bed Peace - Hair Peace'?

Yes! That was excellent. I wish I could really remember it, aka been alive when that was taking place, but it was still wonderful.

Ruvie
September 4th, 2009, 12:21 PM
This made me laugh pretty hard. http://iknowyouwillbehappyhere.wordpress.com/2009/01/07/the-polish-plait/ (Mature language, so be warned.)

Amoretti
September 4th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I'm itching to pour a bucketload of Dove conditioner on it and comb it out! :D :lol:

ademtce
September 4th, 2009, 02:23 PM
i dont think conditioner could untangle that mess

Dawna
September 4th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Maybe they believe his long hair gives him special powers... you know, like Samson and Delilah.

windinherhair
September 4th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I really like long hair when it is healthy and taken care of, but not when it looks like this. I suppose if he likes having his hair this long then it is good for him. But I really didn't like the look if it. It was so matted... and looked like it hadnt been washed since he had grown it out. What is that saying... beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. :)

kwaniesiam
September 4th, 2009, 06:31 PM
:bigeyes: That is awesome, and must take a lot of commitment.

silverspun
September 6th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Um.. sure his hair is long... but it doesn't look all that great.

Smokering
September 7th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Wow. Um. Mm. Yeah. I feel like I should be supportive as a fellow longhair, but... mm.

Even if the length is cheating, though, the thickness is impressive!