PDA

View Full Version : Bad hair day :[

Kaileida
September 2nd, 2009, 05:37 PM
Can anyone offer me some advice/cheering up? I measured as I always do on the first of the month and it would seem my growth right slowed way down despite a.) it SEEMING a lot longer than last month's measure and b.) just starting Biotin.

It's falling out a lot more, too, despite me not being under a whole lot of stress and being way, way nicer to it than I ever have been before. Maybe I'm just depressed because boyfriend and I ended things last night, but looking at my hair makes me want to cry. :( Help!

spidermom
September 2nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Sometimes it's your shorter/newer hairs that are growing, and you can see and feel that growth is happening, but it doesn't show up in your length right away. Hang in there; growth will come.

A lot of people are having a seasonal shed right now. It won't last forever; be of good cheer.

Roseate
September 2nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
Are you measuring it yourself? Is there a possibility it's a user error with the tape measure? If it seems longer, it probably is. And even if it's not, take heart! I went through a stall around your length and nearly dropped dead, but it started up again.

I ditched the tape measure, and now just take pictures, which is more fun for me and less stressful.

:grouphug:

marikamt
September 2nd, 2009, 05:57 PM
Are you measuring it yourself? Is there a possibility it's a user error with the tape measure? If it seems longer, it probably is. And even if it's not, take heart! I went through a stall around your length and nearly dropped dead, but it started up again.

I ditched the tape measure, and now just take pictures, which is more fun for me and less stressful.

:grouphug:

I agree... I think I am completely inept at measuring... I can "shrink" and "re-grow"within days... yet when I look at pics or use landmarks on my body, it has obviously grown......

Sorry about your BF... that is hard even in the best of situations.....

Speckla
September 2nd, 2009, 06:06 PM
The seasons are changing and longer hair appears to be shedding more because the sheds take up more room. Sorry you're so blue!

embee
September 2nd, 2009, 06:09 PM
Beware the "lost my boyfriend, I'm gonna cut my hair" syndrome. That would give you two things to be sad about.

Your hair probably grew, after all 1/2 inch is not much and it's very easy to make a mistake. Wait 6 months and see what new styles you can do. ;)

Zéphine
September 2nd, 2009, 06:34 PM
I'd say that if it seems longer, it probably is. When I feel down about my hair, I either throw it up and ignore it or do something special like a new conditioning treatment or style or just a thorough wash. (Usually...I've also done stuff like cutting it from waist to just past shoulder length, but that really didn't help.)
I hope you feel better soon. Your hair is really pretty. It's a gorgeous color and looks so soft.

Speckla
September 2nd, 2009, 06:45 PM
Junior says feel better!

http://images50.fotki.com/v1569/photos/7/1199357/7619157/Picture036-vi.jpg

Kaileida
September 2nd, 2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I only measure myself because my family does not understand the hair obsession. Lol!

You guys are probably right, I'm just a little down because I was getting like 1.25" a month and I don't think I am anymore. I promise not to cut it!

Cute kitty. :3

missfortune9335
September 2nd, 2009, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry about you and your boyfriend, that's always hard no matter what the situation. :( *hugs* to you.
I'm sure that's a lot to do with you feeling bad about your hair. Put it up and forget about it for a while (your hair that is) because I agree, it's too easy to decide you need a "change" right now

Lady Mary
September 2nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
You and I have had a similar "hair history." I'm at the stage where you're at now and I know it's rough, especially if you're under more stress. Changing my hair color or style was one of my ways to relive stress in the past so it was a hard habit to break. I would always get to four inches grown out past my bob and be so upset over how it looked and how it felt. Then comes the old chop or a new color :laugh:

Don't give up! I think it might be best to try and send your focus elsewhere. I see you have a nice looking guitar there, perhaps working on some music might distract you? Or this board works nicely for me too in a pinch. To browse the albums reminds me of what could be and it's rather motivating.

Spirits up :flower:

jivete
September 2nd, 2009, 08:35 PM
I feel like mine isn't growing just about every month. But it is and yours is too. Try to ignore it and it'll soon be longer.