PDA

View Full Version : Hair washing

wizboo
September 2nd, 2009, 04:43 AM
Please correct me if this has already been written, or should go somewhere else, but I just wanted to ask:

How often, and with what do you wash your hair???

I have heard about some methods-

CO
CVC

But can anyone tell me more? Also how do you use ACV rinse and what are the benifits? Anyone have other ways of caring for their hair? Can you tell me how using coconut oil ect. worked out for you, and when you apply it? Anyone got a cheap(ish) natural shampoo and conditioner good for oily hair? Shampoo bars? Anyone used Green people's organic rosemary shampoo? What is your regime?

And can anyone recommend a routine for me: I wash and condition my hair every other day, I have problems with dry ends and oily roots, and my scalp is dry and itchy.

I so sorry this post is so long, I'm new and probably sound really stupid, but I would be so grateful for any advice anyone could give me. I admire everyone here so much and would like to know the ins and outs of haircare!!

Please help, wizboo xx

spidermom
September 2nd, 2009, 06:50 AM
You can learn more about all of these questions in the Articles section (see top of page) as well as in other threads in the Mane Forum. Please remember to try one change at a time and give it a week or two before you decide whether or not the change benefits your hair.

Good luck; have fun!

aisling
September 2nd, 2009, 09:00 AM
Spidermom gave you some good advice, I'd like to add that it is really difficult to recommend products for example. One person like one product and for another the same product doesn't work at all, you just have to experiment and test and see what works for you. Of course you can get some good ideas from reading threads here, but it's good to remember that what works for person A may not work for person B. Also, for one person washing daily suits them, for others once a week is the perfect schedule.

Carolyn
September 2nd, 2009, 11:37 AM
I'd like to add to the good advice given above. When you are reading threads, notice the hair types of the different posters. Similar hair types may give you some clues as to where to start. Find someone with a similar hair type and see what they use. That might give you some ideas. Water is also a big factor in whether something will work well. For example I have hard well water so the AO line and CV bars do not work for me. It's really lots of trial and error. I'd like to emphasize don't do lots of things all at once. You won't know what works and what doesn't.

Thinthondiel
September 2nd, 2009, 12:11 PM
Please remember to try one change at a time and give it a week or two before you decide whether or not the change benefits your hair.

I just wanted to add that I do WO (water only), and that if you ever want to try that, you'll need to wait longer than two weeks for your scalp to adjust. My hair never became really greasy, but it reached its greasiest stage after 5 weeks, and I think my scalp had adjusted completely after 7 weeks, so after that - no more greasies (except from my bangs, because my forehead has been oily lately), and my hair is now happy with me. :)

Oh, and since you asked - I wash (or rinse, really) my hair twice a week.

wizboo
September 6th, 2009, 10:31 AM
thank you very much for all your advice. I'll double check the articles. I have started to use shampoo bars from lush- one called squeeky green? It seems to be working as i didn't have to wash my hair for 4 days! And Carolyn, you mentioned something about hard or soft water? I'm not sure what my water is like, but I'll consider that too.

Thanks again.

PS: You all have beautiful hair!