PDA

View Full Version : awful inbetweeny stage

templeofvenus
September 1st, 2009, 09:29 AM
just need to vent my hair is a bob growing out, it was very short in feb layered all the way up the back with a blunt fringe....... now its just grown out and all I do is wear a hairband. I can get a small ponytail in about 3 inches long but its the darn pieces underneath the ponytail that aren't long enough yet!! has anyone else found these bits take ages to grow and fit into the ponytail lol :confused:

detritus
September 1st, 2009, 10:01 AM
I'm at the in-betweeny stage too (and have been for over a year because I was slowly trimming off henna). There's a lot more you can do here than many people realize. I can't even get everything into a ponytail and I can do 2 French braids (they have to stop being braids and start being pigtails before they reach my neck but that's ok) I've also been doing this hair do a lot:

http://ysolda.com/wordpress/2007/01/10/snow-white-hair/

Depending on how layered your hair is, you may also be able to do 2 small buns, securing with hair pins or scrunchies. Of course you can also do half-ups or 40s-inspired twists and rolls with barrettes. I agree, though, it does seem to take forever to get to the length where you can do a secure ponytail with nothing falling out or needing bobby pins.

LutraLutra
September 1st, 2009, 10:40 AM
(snip!)
http://ysolda.com/wordpress/2007/01/10/snow-white-hair/
(snip!)

Wow, that looks great, I'll have to try that myself. :)

sibylla
September 1st, 2009, 10:43 AM
I started out with a black Cleopatra bob. Before I knew it I could do a pony tail. I can recommend scalp massaging every night for about 10 min. My hair started growing faster after I started doing daily massages. Itīs important to start pampering the hair as it will be the ends when itīs long and then itīs too late to repair damage. .Throw away any pins you have so you donīt damage your hair.
Happy growing!:cheese:

Maddy25
September 1st, 2009, 11:57 AM
I hate the little bits on the back of my neck! Im growing out an asymetric bob that was really short in the back and long in the front. I cant do a pony but it took forever for the little short hairs to grow long enough, just be patient, they will get there (mine finnaly will all go up!) but until then I suggest either bobby pins or hair clips :)

skydancer7
September 1st, 2009, 12:04 PM
I have just barely grown past this stage, but only for a low pony. If I try to do I mid to high pony, the bottom pieces fall out just like you are describing.

I enjoy wearing two low pigtails, personally.

The only thing that helps is thinking to myself, thank God it's not a pixie anymore! That was even worse...

Lady Mary
September 1st, 2009, 12:18 PM
Put it in a high ponytail, flip the ponytail up against your head and clip it to your head with a big clip like this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3812&pictureid=49012). Then get some small clippies that look like < twist the left over hair at the bottom and clip those to your head. It ends up looking like the photo I linked. My hair is only two inches sticking out of a ponytail so I don't have much to work with. But that style keeps my hair in check.

templeofvenus
September 2nd, 2009, 01:09 AM
ah thanks for all the suggestions will have to try them out! I am an updo idiot though I am not very skilled but I guess that comes with practice :)

sandrak
September 2nd, 2009, 02:42 AM
I am in an awful inbetween stage too. I cut my hair in March because of damage and it seems like my hair just isn't growing! I can feel your pain.

Addy
September 2nd, 2009, 04:26 AM
I have been there, done the grow out so many times. You all will get through it and before ya know it, you'll be posting with joy and wondering where the time went! :D

Enjoy your short locks while ya have them because if you're serious about long hair, it'll never be that short again! :D

Good luck growing! Be patient... :)

3Girls
September 2nd, 2009, 04:28 AM
*puts hand up*

Another one here with horrible not-quite-long-enough for much hair. Also growing out a semi-asymetrical bob (it was shorter at the back than front but not horrendously).

I love the look of that Snow White Hair - I'm not very good with my hair, but I'm sure I can have a go!

3Girls
September 2nd, 2009, 05:46 AM
Just had to say that after reading this I decided to go and try 2 braids to sleep in, and not only is my hair long enough for it, but it looks so cute!!!

Thanks for that suggestion - I feel like I actually have long hair seeing as I can now do something with it! :D

Lilli
September 2nd, 2009, 08:22 AM
My issue is the pieces right above my ears are too short to get into the ponytail, and will be for probably about 2 more months. Oh well! I am rocking the bob. I'll try that Snow White look.

jacqueline101
April 20th, 2013, 02:26 PM
I'm in between length stages. I'm between bsl heading to mid back. It's frustrating growing and hitting an in between stage.

KwaveT
April 20th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Most of my fringe and side hair are too shorts for a ponytail. Most all my side hair now gets into a hairband so that is what I use for mine. I think the fringe is about mid neck so it's well short for the ponytail.