PDA

View Full Version : Gibson tuck how I love you!

Kerynna
September 1st, 2009, 07:43 AM
I always thought my hair was too long to do a gibson tuck, but apparently you can do it with hair much longer than mine (BSL). I just tried it yesterday and I'm in love. It's so comfortable, I hardly feel the weight and it feels really secure.

The secret for me to figure out how to do it right was the idea of pulling the hair from the sides up and over the rolled ponytail, as opposed to tucking the ponytail down inside a ready-made pocket. The second thing that really helped was securing it with a flexi-8; without that, I doubt I'd ever use this style.

The best thing about this style is I can wear my bicycle helmet with it, and bike to work and not a hair is out of place when I arrive! Perfect for hot summer days. And in winter, I can use one of those knitted ring ear warmers to protect the style while keeping my ears warm for winter sports.

:cheese:

myotislucifugus
September 1st, 2009, 07:57 AM
Oooo... can you explain what you mean by pulling the hair up from the sides over the rolled ponytail?

I'd love to give this a shot and still keep the style. Do you have pictures?

Kerynna
September 1st, 2009, 08:01 AM
Oooo... can you explain what you mean by pulling the hair up from the sides over the rolled ponytail?

I'd love to give this a shot and still keep the style. Do you have pictures?

Well, it's more of a perspective change for me, rather than a change in how you make the style. I had envisioned a ready-made pocket that I would stuff the ponytail down inside. But when I actually tried doing the style on my own head, turned out I didn't create a pocket so much as used the hair on either side above the elastic to *cover* the rolled-up ponytail hair and then sort of tucked the center down and secured the sides and center with the flexi-8.

I don't have a photo today but I may post one to my album later this week.