PDA

View Full Version : Ingredients dictionary

30isthenewblack
September 1st, 2009, 05:30 AM
Hi guys,

I thought you might like to see this Ingredients Dictionary that Teri from Tightly Curly has posted on her web site. Terri says about the dictionary:

"I’ve tried to gather the most accurate descriptions of hair care ingredients as I can find. I’ve used what I believe to be the most objective sources for my information. I've also tried to include notes of where I found the information, as well as what I’ve found through my own experimentation. This list is geared towards how ingredients would affect very curly hair. As I discover new information, and better sources, I’ll add to or adjust this list accordingly. Believe me, I’m adding constantly to this list.

I try to be as accurate as possible, but know that every curly person is different, and what I find to be true for me may not be the same for you.

In the ingredient descriptions: Good means that I like to see this in a product's list of ingredients. Okay means this product appears safe for a curly person like me to use. Caution means that this ingredient may not be good in some hair care products, or for some people. Avoid means this ingredient may hurt your hair. If you see this ingredient in a hair product, it's best to put it down and walk away."

The link to the web site is here - http://www.tightlycurly.com/Ingredients.aspx

Cheers,

Konstifik
September 1st, 2009, 07:56 AM
Very nice dictionary! Added in my favorites. Thanks for sharing :flower:

Loreley
September 1st, 2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks for sharing! It's very useful. :)
But I don't understand something. This says dimethicone is good. But it's a cone! Aren't they all bad? If they are not harmful why want many of us to use cone free products? Can anybody explain me this, please?:bull:

RancheroTheBee
September 1st, 2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks for sharing! It's very useful. :)
But I don't understand something. This says dimethicone is good. But it's a cone! Aren't they all bad? If they are not harmful why want many of us to use cone free products? Can anybody explain me this, please?:bull:

Some people have thicker, frizzier hair that benefits from it, and can also take the time to maintain a reasonable level of cones in their hair. Some people have finer hair that gets weighed down by it, or their hair simply does not agree with it. It's a personal preference thing.

Loreley
September 1st, 2009, 08:47 AM
OK, thanks. I didn't know. I'm new here. :)

Heidi_234
September 1st, 2009, 09:38 AM
It bases some information on the beauty brains - same beauty brains that say for example that mineral oil is one of the best oils one could use. I'd take it with a grain of a salt. :rolleyes:
ETA: Also - Dimethicone good for curly hair? Then why The method for caring after curly hair (CG, that is) dictates cone-free conditioners only? :rolleyes: