PDA

View Full Version : nice comments about my hair recently!

freckles
September 1st, 2009, 04:00 AM
A few days ago I was sitting with my grandma, granddad, dad, and little sister, and we were talking about hair. I was saying I needed to cut mine (was talking about a very minor trim, but I guess I didn't specify) and my grandma looked agast and said "you don't need to do that! You look so nice with long hair!" :D I just grinned and said "I agree!" and assured her I was only talking about a trim. It made my day!

And yesteday I was at my boyfriend's parents' house, and was sitting next to his mum, and out of the blue she said "your hair is growing so fast!". I'm not really sure if it was meant to be a compliment, but the fact she noticed put me in SUCH a good mood. I said "I hope so!" and gave a massive smile. My hair must actually be growing! :D

Maddy25
September 1st, 2009, 06:17 AM
Aw dont you love that! I'm happy for you, it must be growing fast for people to notice!

Chibbylick
September 1st, 2009, 06:53 AM
It must be growing fast for people to notice and comment! Congratulations!
Chibby

freckles
September 1st, 2009, 06:58 AM
Thanks guys! To be fair, although I only officially started 'growing' my hair the past couple of months, I haven't cut it in the time I've known my boyfriend's mother (about a year +) so, there is a fair amount of growth for her to notice :)

I had another interesting comment from my little sister
sister: your hair is REALLY LONG [aside: it's only BSL]
me: thanks! Not long enough yet, though :)
sister: but I mean, REALLY long. Worryingly long.
me: what? what's worrying about it?
sister: Long hair just WORRIES me.
me: what are you WORRIED it's going to do?
sister: I don't know. It just worries me.

haha, okay then, whatever. At least she called it REALLY long. :D

redwoman
September 1st, 2009, 07:51 AM
:D Doesn't that just feel great? Worried, ha, LOL.

LovingLife
September 1st, 2009, 07:54 AM
Well you have very beautiful hair, and Are soo lucky!

LovingLife
September 1st, 2009, 07:55 AM
Ahhh! Attack of the longhair!

freckles
September 2nd, 2009, 05:06 AM
thankyou everyone for your comments :D

JamieLeigh
September 2nd, 2009, 07:46 AM
Those are indeed some very nice comments! Congrats! :flower:

jacqueline101
April 20th, 2013, 02:24 PM
That's heart warming.

Suze2012
April 21st, 2013, 02:50 AM
Aw! I love the 'worried' comment! :)
I think it really makes a difference when you get a hair compliment from someone who you know and who you see often - much more than from a stranger.

I've had *counts on fingers* 8 comments from friends in the past week and a half about my hair and that it looks good at the moment. i also had some of the staff at my hairdressers cooing over my hair about a month ago when I went for a trim.

I'm not aiming to grow and that never was my aim with joining LHC, my aim was to take better care of my curly hair, embrace the curls and make it look as good and healthy as i can.

I co wash and was thinking today that maybe I ought to clarify as it's been almost a year since I used a sulphate poo - but I'm thinking if it isn't broke don't fix it.

And I'm chuffed to bits with the compliments I'm getting. :)

enjoy your 'REALLY' long hair..and enjoy your compliments! :)