PDA

View Full Version : Hair Growing 101

3Girls
September 1st, 2009, 01:48 AM
Please forgive me if there is already a very basic thread like this, but I couldn't find it all in once place through my searching...

I was wondering if there is a basic list of things that should be considered *essential* when first starting to grow ones hair?

Obviously everyone's hair is different, so treatments and things to apply to the actual hair will vary.

But I was thinking more along the lines of vitamins/supplements, scalp massaging etc...

My hair is now JUST long enough to put into a clip at the back (with other clips holding the sides in place LOL), and I just can't wait for it to be longer so want to do everything I can to help it on its way!

Thanks for any suggestions!

T

kdaniels8811
September 1st, 2009, 04:14 AM
There is. It is "newbies -start here", then in the articles section there are how to start threads. The problem I have had with searching is if I do not hit the exact combination of words, I will not find what I am looking for. Good luck and if you cannot find them I willl post links, no time now, off to work.

Heidi_234
September 1st, 2009, 04:51 AM
Great patience, gentle handling, good health. :)

As for supplements - Igor wrote a very comprehensive article about that:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=74

Chanterelle
September 1st, 2009, 05:05 AM
I'd recommend this article
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=39
I guess it's the one kdaniels8811 means.

3Girls
September 1st, 2009, 04:51 PM
Oh thank you SO much!!

I'm not very good at searching so REALLY appreciate the direct links :)

Off to do some serious reading...

T

thankyousir74
September 1st, 2009, 04:56 PM
Oh thank you SO much!!

I'm not very good at searching so REALLY appreciate the direct links :)

Off to do some serious reading...

T

When your hair reaches your goal and is shiny, strong and healthy, you'll be happy you did the reading :)

rogue_psyche
September 1st, 2009, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the forums. I'm pretty new here too, and I already learned a lot! (And grown a lot!)

On the top of the screen with the links such as "Home" and "User CP" there is a link called "Articles" under there you'll get info from our resident long hair gurus. I'd start in the hair care section.

We also have the VIT (Very Important Threads) thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=7804), with links to threads about hairtyping, going conefree, sulfate free, or protein free as well as how to do certain hairstyles.

Plus make sure to check out the "Reviews" section (right next to Articles ;)) to get some reccommendations on products and hairtools.

3Girls
September 1st, 2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks girls!

I feel like I could easily spend all day here reading and doing nothing else (oh besides learning how to navigate the place :o ) LOL

I've worked out that there are also heaps of tips here that will also be of benefit for me dealing with my eldest daughters hair - she is 5 and its WAY different to my hair (very thick, very wavy and just plain wild), so I need all the help I can with her hair too :)

I think I'm going to need 3 hair journals though - one for each of us because I'll end up all confused! Thank goodness the girls are only 3 & 5 though - it could get very out of control here when they are a bit older!!!