PDA

View Full Version : 5 years of LHC (image heavy)

Teazel
August 31st, 2009, 09:55 PM
Five years ago I stumbled across this amazing place while googling for something completely different. I had no idea forums for lovers of long hair existed - what a concept! After having a look around I picked up the ends of my own hip-length locks and felt ashamed that I had let them get so damaged. LHC kick-started a new interest in my hair; but I have learned so much more from hanging around here.... (Skip this next part if you like - there are pictures further down!)

Thanks to LHC I now:

* Don't use soap or shower gel. At all. Anywhere. WO, baby!
* Have a hair toy addiction that I'm currently feeding by making my own.
* Use a menstrual cup. Where was it all my life?
* Paint my nails - including toenails - in summer.
* Use an epilator. No more shaving or waxing.

There are probably other things that have become so much part of my life and routine that I don't even think about them.

Hairwise, the great revelations were:

* 'Cones. Never knew about them, didn't realise how much they were trashing my hair. Have happily done without them for 5 years.
* Honey. Honey, honey, honey... how do I love thee? :inlove:
* Horn combs. Love 'em.
* SMT! Snowymoon, you're a goddess.

I could go on and on, but the pictures are what we're all here for, right? :D

So here's the hair shortly after I became a member here, and a year later.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3831&pictureid=49289

Six months later, I'd reached classic length. However, you can see the bottom third still has layers. It took ages to grow those dratted things out!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3831&pictureid=49290

And here we are in 2009, at thigh-length.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2415&pictureid=40274

My plait has grown along with my braiding skills:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3831&pictureid=49291

The hair has turned greyer and greyer, but LHC gave me the strength to resist the dye bottle and eventually embrace my silvers....

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2792&pictureid=35289

And I can hardly believe how much my bun has grown!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3831&pictureid=49292

I hope you've enjoyed this little amble down memory lane (and I hope all the images didn't cause any crashes). I have made some wonderful friends here - you know who you are! Thank you, LHC. You rock. :flowers:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2415&pictureid=31162

hennaphile
August 31st, 2009, 10:02 PM
:thudpile:

that is all.

misstwist
August 31st, 2009, 10:02 PM
You mean if I hang out here for five more years I can have hair like yours, Teazel?

Sign me up!

Congratulations! :flowers:

Shiva
August 31st, 2009, 10:03 PM
I love your silver and your braids.

I, too, have never dyed my hair and am going silver.... you are an inspiration.

:)

Nouveaux
August 31st, 2009, 10:06 PM
What a great post :D That is a stunning difference, especially between the bun-sizes.

I think your grey looks awesome, it makes such pretty highlights in the bun. I hope mine looks that neat when it shows up :D

spidermom
August 31st, 2009, 10:09 PM
Simply gorgeous.

Cherry_Sprinkle
August 31st, 2009, 10:10 PM
:thudpile: your hair is amazing!!!

Shorty89
August 31st, 2009, 10:10 PM
Beautiful teazel! Congrats on five years! I love your silvers!

Jinx2234
August 31st, 2009, 10:12 PM
Wow. Your hair looks gorgeous.

camirra555
August 31st, 2009, 10:16 PM
Wow! 5 whole years. I hope mine is as nice as yours after 5 years. Beautiful!

EtherealOde
August 31st, 2009, 10:17 PM
Simply amazing.

:thud::thud::thud:

And what are those red sparkly objects in your bun? They are really pretty, and match your necklace and earrings very well. I think you should put another pic on with a closeup :eye: of that bejeweled bun AND one with the jewels all by themselves. :twocents:

Teazel
August 31st, 2009, 10:31 PM
You guys are making me blush!

Shiva, I've been inspired by so many people here; if I can pass along the inspiration, I'm very happy! :)

EtherealOde, the sparklies are red versions of these (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1420&pictureid=18597). There's a slightly bigger version of the bun photo here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2415&pictureid=41814). I'll try to get around to taking a pic of the pins by themselves some day! :D

Demetrue
August 31st, 2009, 10:36 PM
Totally cool - I am awestruck!

Leabhar
August 31st, 2009, 10:43 PM
Don't mind me, I'm just joining the thud pile in the corner....

Gorgeous hair, Teazel!

Tressie
August 31st, 2009, 10:49 PM
Glorious!!! Simply glorious!!! Congratulations!! (o:

JamieRose
August 31st, 2009, 10:53 PM
Such gorgeous hair!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! I am green with envy.

patience
August 31st, 2009, 10:58 PM
Absolutely beautiful! Definitely an inspiration. :bowtome: :bowtome:

Margeaux
August 31st, 2009, 11:00 PM
Awesome and inspiring. Be proud of it!

Ryanne
August 31st, 2009, 11:06 PM
Totally awesome.

EdG
August 31st, 2009, 11:07 PM
You have amazing hair, Teazel! :thudpile:
Ed

Wanderer09
August 31st, 2009, 11:08 PM
I love the updo in your last picture (and your signature pic)! You have amazing hair. :)

Fireweed
August 31st, 2009, 11:12 PM
The most beautiful hair ever.

dolcevita
August 31st, 2009, 11:15 PM
The silver in your hair looks absolutely beautiful! I am so glad you stopped dyeing it! The picture with it in the bun with the clip and the last one are just absolutely breathtaking!

What an inspiration! Congratulations, Teazel!!!

HeatherMae
August 31st, 2009, 11:19 PM
Add me to the list of these: :thudpile: WOW!!

BlackfootHair
August 31st, 2009, 11:29 PM
Oh drool. All over my chin. :) And :thudpile:

FaeryTails
August 31st, 2009, 11:34 PM
You have beautiful hair! Congratulations!

Aditi
September 1st, 2009, 12:11 AM
Really Gorgeous hair Teazel :crush: i simply loved all your Bun pics. Congratulations :cheese:

Teazel
September 1st, 2009, 12:16 AM
Thank you very much, everyone. I'm a ball of warm fuzzies! :cloud9:

karli
September 1st, 2009, 12:17 AM
Your hair is amazing!

pdy2kn6
September 1st, 2009, 12:18 AM
congradulations, 5 years of excellent work :). Do you know when you said you were growing out your layers, how did you do this? Did you just let them grow and grow without cutting them at all or did you actually cut them off?
Look forward to hearing your experience with them.

OhioLisa
September 1st, 2009, 12:39 AM
Wow. Just... wow. :thud: Your hair is gorgeous! What an inspiration! :flowers:

Teazel
September 1st, 2009, 12:51 AM
pdy2kn6, I did a bit of both. My hair grows about 6 inches a year, so, since I gained only an inch or two in my first LHC year, you can see there was quite a bit of trimming - I think DH took 4 inches of damage off in one trim!

Then I let it grow down to Classic, and maintained at that length for 2 years, gradually trimming off the layers. I think they're all gone now. :)

little_acorn
September 1st, 2009, 12:59 AM
Wow Teazel you are such an inspiration!

Melisande
September 1st, 2009, 01:37 AM
Teazel, you are a beautiful lady. The bun picture is out of this world. Your hair is so beautiful. I love how the colors mix.

Thank you for your insights. I'm here only for c. two years but you wouldn't recognize my bathroom, hairtoy shelf (never had one before) and wardrobe. TLHC is a special place, and it's people like you who make it special. Thank you for sharing with us!

little_acorn
September 1st, 2009, 01:52 AM
Teazel, you are a beautiful lady. The bun picture is out of this world. Your hair is so beautiful. I love how the colors mix.

Thank you for your insights. I'm here only for c. two years but you wouldn't recognize my bathroom, hairtoy shelf (never had one before) and wardrobe. TLHC is a special place, and it's people like you who make it special. Thank you for sharing with us!

Well said Melisande - I second your opinion!!!

SimplyLonghair
September 1st, 2009, 02:05 AM
Teazel, I have always loved your hair and your sweet spirit, you are a wonderful addition to these boards. Congrats on the 5 years of fellowship and growth, your hair is, as others have said, :thud: worthy

DavidN
September 1st, 2009, 02:28 AM
Congratulations, Teazel, on 5 years at the LHC, and here's to many more years in our community!:cheer:

Thank you for sharing your inspirational photos with your fellow LHC members. Your hair is outstanding in every way, thick and healthy with beautiful waves, and all your styles are so well done!

LutraLutra
September 1st, 2009, 02:51 AM
Add me to the :thudpile: Your hair is a glorious thing. Congratulations on your 5 years. :toast:

rogue_psyche
September 1st, 2009, 03:05 AM
Your hair is so spectacular. I bow to your updo skills and beautiful silver tresses. :bowtome:

AprilElf
September 1st, 2009, 03:28 AM
Congratulations on 5 years, Teazel! That's quite an accomplishment community-wise and hair-wise. ;)
Looking at those pictures, your hair has gone from strength to strength. Truly :thud:-worthy!

Addy
September 1st, 2009, 03:45 AM
I just want to say that I have been inlove with your hair since first sight! It's long! It's gorgeous! It's silver! It's just so beautiful! You are an inspiration to me and someday I know mine can look just a good!

Congrats on 5 years and many, many more! :D

janeytilllie
September 1st, 2009, 03:48 AM
Congratulations on your 5th anniversary :flower:

Your hair is stunning and so beautiful! :inlove: :thudpile:

magpielaura
September 1st, 2009, 03:55 AM
I love your hair Teazel! I've had fairly long hair for most of my life and seeing your progress pictures shows the potential if I continue with the gentle haircare I've found here. (Four more years and I might have hair like yours!)

I've only a few greys right now, but seeing your colour makes me impatient for them to increase!

Lize
September 1st, 2009, 04:04 AM
Your hair is truly amazing! I love the silver streaks. Congratulations on five years. :)

swanns
September 1st, 2009, 04:08 AM
You're such an inspiration! :love: Amazing! And congrats on your anniversary :flower:

mellie
September 1st, 2009, 04:29 AM

Wow, just incredibly, amazingly gorgeous...

Definitely an inspiration!! Congratulations on your anniversary!

Liluri
September 1st, 2009, 04:42 AM
Congratulations on your progress. Lovely hair! :)

Hiriel
September 1st, 2009, 04:43 AM
I don't know if it's just an effect of the light or not, making the all the grey streaks come out like that at the top of your braid, but it looks awesome :D

Sammybunny711
September 1st, 2009, 04:56 AM
Congratulations, Teazel! Your hair is absolutely stunning! Yay for you for sticking with your silvers! They are beautiful!

Teazel
September 1st, 2009, 05:04 AM
Thank you so much, everyone, for your kind words! LHC really is the best.

I'm overwhelmed, and going to bed with a big smile. :grouphug:

3azza
September 1st, 2009, 05:09 AM
Teazel you're such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing your story :)

Chrissy
September 1st, 2009, 05:11 AM
Your hair is so pretty. I love the styles that you have done. I too am at the beginning stage of going silver. If mine looks as pretty as yours I have nothing to worry about! Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.

eresh
September 1st, 2009, 05:22 AM
OMG look at that bun growth!!
Happy 5 year anniversary Teazel!!!

Lamb
September 1st, 2009, 05:27 AM

Your hair is gorgeous beyond words. Congratulations on such an exciting journey! (Five years sounds almost like a pilgrimage, though! :D)

NiAosSi
September 1st, 2009, 05:28 AM
:thud: I love your color! Your hair is wonderful!

ClareDee
September 1st, 2009, 05:34 AM
Happy 5th Anniversary Teazel :cheer: :toast: :hollie:

Your hair is astounding. That bun and braid comparison is amazing!

To mark the occasion, here are five cookies I baked just for you - :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

I'm sorry.... I eated one of them... :(

Maddy25
September 1st, 2009, 06:15 AM
Wow!! Your bun has grown so much! So inspiring <3

SHELIAANN1969
September 1st, 2009, 06:29 AM
:cloud9: Lovely, just lovely! :cheese:

SimplyViki
September 1st, 2009, 06:31 AM
:thudpile: Gorgeous!

Savvyhorsez
September 1st, 2009, 06:36 AM
How lovely your hair is! Congrats on the 5 years!:)

Gutterfayrie
September 1st, 2009, 06:44 AM
Absolutely beautiful!!!

melrose1985
September 1st, 2009, 06:58 AM
Beautiful hair. I really love the color and your braided buns!

rags
September 1st, 2009, 07:17 AM
:thudpile: Congratulations on five years Teasel! I can't believe the difference in your bun especially. Your hair is stunning!

Jason
September 1st, 2009, 07:18 AM
Congrats on your 5 year anniversary. Your hair is nothing short of spectacular.

Garnet66
September 1st, 2009, 07:19 AM
Your hair is simply stunning. Definately :thud: worthy. Congrats on your anniversary.

TammySue
September 1st, 2009, 07:39 AM
Congrats! You have gorgeous hair! I'm so happy that you are letting your lovely silvers come in, too! :blossom:

Shufro
September 1st, 2009, 08:00 AM
Thank you for showing us your journey its an inspiration for me! :)

marikamt
September 1st, 2009, 08:05 AM
Congratulations Teazel! I have seen quite a few of your posts, I always have serious up-do envy when I see that awesome bun in your siggy pic...... it is amazing!

tangocurl
September 1st, 2009, 08:10 AM
Everyone else has said everything I wanted to say....but I agree...how beautiful, and I love the silvers too...how brilliant and shiny :cheer:

LadyGunn
September 1st, 2009, 08:19 AM
Teazel, your hair is one of my favourites on the whole of LHC. When someone mentions silver hair, yours automatically pops into my head. I second (third? twenty-fourth?) the thudworthiness of your gorgeous hair. :thudpile:

JessTheMess
September 1st, 2009, 08:30 AM
Add me to that thudpile!!!!
Wowzers. That last pic = awesome!

Medievalmaniac
September 1st, 2009, 08:34 AM
GORGEOUS!!! You "old-timer" LHC members are such an inspiration to us newbies. Every time I see a thread like this it makes me that much more determined to "get there"!! :)

And also, you have fabulous taste in clothing. I have admired the backs of your outfits and wraps right along with your hair!! :D

Bluebell
September 1st, 2009, 09:23 AM
Wow!!!!!
The increase in bunsize is amazing!

Aisha25
September 1st, 2009, 09:27 AM
Woah 8 pages and I just seen this thread im so late sorry Teazel :flowers:

Anyway you have the most beautifullest hair I have ever seen at this length very goergous :thudpile:

Amoretti
September 1st, 2009, 09:29 AM
Happy Anniversary to one of my hair idols!!! :flowers:

nucleardelusion
September 1st, 2009, 09:43 AM
Can I have some of your updo skills? Just a couple of them? :p

I need to add another one of these to the collection -> :thudpile:

Thank you for posting your pretty pictures :flowers:

cocolover
September 1st, 2009, 09:44 AM
That bun that you also put in your signature....:thud: Congrats on the beautiful growth in the last 5 year!

Xandergrammy
September 1st, 2009, 09:45 AM
:bowtome: :thudpile: :agape: What more can I say?? :inlove:

Rohele
September 1st, 2009, 09:48 AM
Beautiful hair! I am absolutely in love with the colour, especially how all the different streaks weave their way around your updos. :)

Rentlle
September 1st, 2009, 09:58 AM
love this post, it's very inspirating :)

melikai
September 1st, 2009, 10:41 AM
Inspiring. Congratulations on 5 years!

(I too love honey! :))

AnneAdeline
September 1st, 2009, 10:52 AM
Your hair is so gorgeous and healthy! I hope one day my hair will resemble yours.

Gumball
September 1st, 2009, 10:54 AM
Absolutely awestruck, Teazel! Congratulations for 5 wonderful years. Your hair is amazing and your skills always get two thumbs way up! Here's to the future!

Islandgrrl
September 1st, 2009, 10:56 AM
Add me to the thudpile! :thud:

Holy cats, Teazel!!! What a hair transformation you've had over your 5 years here. You are truly an inspiration, and just beautiful!

missfortune9335
September 1st, 2009, 11:00 AM
wow, you are an inspiration. congratulations on your 5th anniversary.

lapushka
September 1st, 2009, 11:08 AM
This is so inspirational! Your hair looks absolutely lovely!

sandrak
September 1st, 2009, 11:16 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks beautiful!!

Kiraela
September 1st, 2009, 12:14 PM
Congrats on reaching 5 years here! As always, your pictures make me :thud:. Seriously, your hair is starting to get damaging to my health! *rassafrassin' bruised forehead....*

Lady Mary
September 1st, 2009, 12:52 PM
Fantastic! Congratulations on 5 years at the LHC! :flower:

KarpatiiSiv
September 1st, 2009, 01:02 PM
Congratulations, absolutely gorgeous. I'm embracing my silvers and not dying so looking at your hair certainly inspires me.:)

apynip
September 1st, 2009, 05:11 PM
i must say I always admire your sig. because of teh silver hairs. I dont know why most ladies like to dye over the silver. its so pretty and natural.
Your hair is gorgeous congrats on the long progress!

nienna42
September 1st, 2009, 05:14 PM
Beautiful, beautiful hair. :thud:

thankyousir74
September 1st, 2009, 05:15 PM
You're amazing, I love seeing LHC's impact on long term methods. LHC has taught me things outside of the hair realm as well! but yeah, you're awesome Teazel! :high five!:

Elphie
September 1st, 2009, 05:24 PM
I was sitting here, admiring the lovely photos you posted as my nine year old son walked by. His words were "Ooooh, I LIKE that hair!"

I can't top that and he's right. :-)

jahof45
September 1st, 2009, 05:53 PM
Congratulations on your 5th year Anniversary! and you are a hair mentor for me! I love your hair! Your silvers are fabulous also!

Tangles
September 1st, 2009, 06:18 PM
That bun doesn't even look real, Teazel! Your hair was gorgeous when you came here first but has only become more beautiful.

Longlocks3
September 1st, 2009, 06:33 PM
Wow, inspirational!

Ndnlady
September 1st, 2009, 07:32 PM
Your hair is so exquisitely beautiful! Wow, is all I can say. Happy 5 year anniversary!:)

Aries_jb
September 1st, 2009, 08:13 PM
How inspiring! Especially the bun pictures. What a difference!

Teazel
September 1st, 2009, 08:25 PM
Oh my, oh my... so many more sweet posts! I don't know what to say, other than THANK YOU ALL! I feel like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/Scarla/emoticons/bow-1.gif :wink:

I don't know if it's just an effect of the light or not, making the all the grey streaks come out like that at the top of your braid, but it looks awesome :D

Most of my silvers are under the canopy, so they do make streaks that embellish certain styles; dutch and french braids, in particular.

Lighting certainly plays a part, though! In all those photos the colours vary so much you'd think they were completely different heads of hair.

ClareDee; have another :cookie:, do. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/Scarla/emoticons/hug-1.gif

Medievalmaniac - what a lovely thing to say! And I'm honoured to be considered an "old-timer" LHC member. I think of the members who inspired me when I was a newbie here (fiercely resisting the urge to name names)... my hair will never be the equal of theirs, but they have helped me to appreciate and make the most of what I have.

nucleardelusion, keep practicing those updo skills! I was hopeless when I joined. Basically, all I could do was a basic plait. :D

Elphie, please give your son a hug from me. You've obviously raised him right. :thumbsup:

Dvips
September 1st, 2009, 08:39 PM
Happy anniversary! You've certainly had wonderful success!!

Cheers :flowers:

renarok
September 1st, 2009, 08:48 PM
Congrats, you are my hair idol:cheese:

Oberon88
September 1st, 2009, 08:48 PM
:thudpile: Besides your awe inspiring hair, you are also a wonderful asset to this community and have certainly helped me in non hair issues!

Thanks for being such a wonderful presence. :grouphug:

Danamarie
September 1st, 2009, 09:01 PM
Quite Beautiful Hair - you must have hair angels around you all the time. The silver is stunning!

vindo
September 1st, 2009, 09:17 PM
I love your haircolor, texture and length! Also your buns and all other hairdos look amazing! :)

Redheaded Raven
September 1st, 2009, 09:34 PM
Oh Teasel, I remember you back from the days when I was just a lurker. I have always loved your hair, and watched your progress all of these years. You have always been an inspiration to me and I hope to see you here for many years to come. I love how much your buns have grown with the years and the lovely color that your hair has become. Congratulations! :thumbsup: You rock! :rockerdud

darkwaves
September 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM
Look at all that gorgeousness!

I especially like those two updo shots, the one with the spiral earrings, and the one in your signature. Truly beautiful.

Congrats!

utdesertrunner
September 1st, 2009, 10:14 PM
You are such an inspiration. Your hair is simply beautiful!

Blueneko
September 1st, 2009, 10:49 PM
Awesome!!!

JamieLeigh
September 2nd, 2009, 07:58 AM
Your hair is amazing...thanks so much for the progress photos - I was fascinated by the bun-size change! I love how your greys blend well with your natural hair color...I hope mine looks that nice when my greys become more apparent! :crush:

Happy anniversary!! :D

oogie
September 2nd, 2009, 08:05 AM
*sits, officially jealous of gorgeous hair*

Congrats, it's very clear your efforts are rewarded with some of the most lovely locks I've seen. :flower:

elaineflowers
September 2nd, 2009, 08:49 AM
why can't I see any photos????? everyone else is commenting on them, yet all I have is writing on the screen.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VanillaTresses
September 2nd, 2009, 09:15 AM
You have extremely admirable hair! :) Happy 5 years.

rach
September 2nd, 2009, 09:24 AM
i love the bun comparison . wow , it's become so much more and your silvers look so pretty :blossom:

ZadenWillowfyre
September 2nd, 2009, 10:10 AM
Woohoo! Very nice! Love the hair pics. Congrats!

Stephichan
September 2nd, 2009, 10:18 AM
Absolutely gorgeous hair! Your sig pic always makes me think of 'The Lord of the Rings' (must be the green fabric that resembles a shawl/hood in the cropped-ness of the photo).

Teazel
September 2nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
Thank you so much, everyone. :flowers:

Stephichan, I've been a Lord of the Rings fan all my life (well, since the age of 9) so I like the way you think. :D

harpgal
September 2nd, 2009, 05:21 PM
My dear friend, what an inspiration you are! :)

Rini
September 2nd, 2009, 05:28 PM
Oh I do LOVE your hair!! If I could ever get a bun to look so divine as yours does, I think I'd die very happy :D Well done on taking such good care of your hair and of yourself. (Btw, surely there are some places not suitable for the epilator?? ;) )

Teazel
September 2nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
Harpgal! You have been an inspiration to me! :bowtome: If my hair is better now than it was, you can take some of the credit. :)

Rini - LOL! Yeah, but anywhere that's unsuitable for the epilator can just be left as nature intended, as far as I'm concerned. :wink:

sweetestday
September 2nd, 2009, 06:21 PM
I can't see the pics, either. Just figuring it's because I don't have enough posts???

sweetestday
September 2nd, 2009, 06:22 PM
Lovely sig and profile pictures, though!

lhangel9
September 2nd, 2009, 08:55 PM
Wonderful, healthy growth - oh someday;)

physicschick
September 2nd, 2009, 09:06 PM
It's been said already, but your hair is stunning! What is the bun in your signature? It looks very complicated.

MermaidGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 10:10 PM
Teazel, your hair (and you!) are just beautiful! I love your color mixed with your silver, your length and your intricate updos. Such an inspiration! So glad you are a member here!

jennydaesy
September 2nd, 2009, 11:33 PM
awesome hair and all the hairstyles.. congratulations

Moldilocks
September 2nd, 2009, 11:37 PM
Your hair looks so soft. I have greys coming in, and they are a different texture (dry, course, like wire). What is your secret? Your hair is beautiful!

Rhiannon7
September 3rd, 2009, 12:08 AM
congratulations! hair is absolutely beautiful, definitely sticking around if staying here gives me such gorgeous hair as yours. i'm barely out of diapers (in hair growing and caring area.) ;) but have noticed such changes in my hair since i found this place.

Starr
September 3rd, 2009, 01:34 AM
Congrats Teazel! Your has grown more stunning with each passing year!

Misso
September 3rd, 2009, 07:17 AM
Your hair is fabulous.

Centifolia
September 3rd, 2009, 07:20 AM
wow. just.. wow! Your hair is beautiful, your progress is amazing and very inspiring and I do really love your last pic!

swirlytresses
September 3rd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Inspiring. Very beautiful hair!! :)

akevita2002
September 3rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Wonderful progress :) And inspirig also! Congrats

lonestargal
September 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
Absolutely stunning....you have got the most beautiful hair, I LOVE the color. Mine is starting to turn silver in a few places and I certainly hope mine looks as lovely as yours. I'm thinking you are my new hair idol!!!:D

elaineflowers
September 3rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
amazing hair, the colour is wonderful and looks so good.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Teazel
September 3rd, 2009, 05:30 PM
Many thanks for all the comments - they're very much appreciated. :flower:

I can't see the pics, either. Just figuring it's because I don't have enough posts???

You might be able to see them now, since you've reached 25 posts. :)

What is the bun in your signature? It looks very complicated.

It's my attempt at the Formal Brookie Updo (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=34). Not a difficult style if you can rope braid, but it does require a lot of pins. :wink:

Your hair looks so soft. I have greys coming in, and they are a different texture (dry, course, like wire). What is your secret? Your hair is beautiful!

Aw, thank you. :) My greys range from baby-fine to wiry; some of my longest, toughest strands are greys. I use only shampoo on my head and SMT on the length, so I don't do anything particularly special to them.... I think the main thing is to keep up the moisture content in the silvers, and keep them free of product. Currently I'm misting my length once or twice a day, applying a little oil, and damp bunning.

Sherri
September 3rd, 2009, 05:55 PM
Congrats to you. your hair is simply amazing. I love to watch it grow and you do so many wonderful styles/updos with it. Hope you around another 5 year you are so inspiring.:)

Cinnamon Hair
September 3rd, 2009, 07:13 PM
Beautiful hair Teazel. Congrats on 5 years of LHC!

Shermie Girl
September 3rd, 2009, 07:39 PM
Happy Anniversary to you and your magnificent tresses. :flowers:

SeaShell
September 3rd, 2009, 08:28 PM
wow! its beautiful, and I can't even begin to imagine how you did that bun!

jlpearce
September 3rd, 2009, 08:40 PM
I love your multi-hued bun! The contrast of the silver and the brown is just gorgeous!

rossjen
September 10th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Wow, your progress has been absolutely jaw-dropping. What an amazing set of pictures. Congratulations on your hair growing journey.

friskybiznus
September 10th, 2009, 10:20 PM
:bowtome: Color me inspired!!! Wow!

silverspun
September 10th, 2009, 10:52 PM
That last pic with the braid is like Woah.

Irishred
September 11th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Teazel, Your hair is ... WOW!

Your hair is so Shinny, I hope my hair looks as good as yours with your Silvery Locks.

Thank you for sharing.

PS Dang we have been around here for a while, we joined close to the same time.

Jessikinz
September 11th, 2009, 06:45 AM
You made such amazing progress and you are an inspiration. Happy 5 year anniversary! :blossom:

Radulfr
September 11th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Beautiful compilation, Teazel. The silvers and your styles look really good.
Thanks for posting and Happy 5-Years at LHC Anniversary! :cheer:

Teazel
September 11th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Oooh, more posts! :bigeyes:

Thank you, lovely people. :flowers:

Aer
September 11th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! Congratulations!

klcqtee
September 11th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I lvoe your bun that starts out silver at the hair line and becomes brown/tawny. It's so beautiful!

Indigo Girl
September 11th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Congratulations on your progress, Teazel. :flower:

Your hair is amazing. :bluesmile

Jules diamond
September 13th, 2009, 03:42 AM
:agape: That bun...stunning!

Rhea
September 13th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Your hair and your up-do´s are so famous ! Congratulations to 5 years LHC ! http://wuerziworld.de/Smilies/par/par1.gif Why I´ve seen that thread primary today ?

going gray
September 13th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Your hair is gorgeous!

sherigayle
September 13th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Truely amazing!

Speckla
September 13th, 2009, 08:44 AM

that is all.

+ 10,000,000,000

squiggyflop
September 13th, 2009, 04:45 PM

that is all.
my thoughts exactly

linda g
September 13th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Wow! Now *that's* a bun!

AnnaMarie
September 13th, 2009, 06:05 PM
:thudpile:Add me to the thudpile! Simply gorgeous Teazel :)

SilverLocks
September 13th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Your french braid and siggy bun are simply elegant.
Thanks for being such a hair inspiration and for the honey/aloe tip for gorgeous hair.

Happy 5th Anniversary! Here's to many more! :toast:

Teazel
September 14th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Thanks, guys. You've absolutely made my day. :o :)

Isa-belle
October 8th, 2009, 10:06 AM
How could I have missed this thread?
Happy anniversary, friend. LHC wouldn't be the same without you, your kindness, and your glorious waves.

jojo
October 8th, 2009, 12:23 PM
My oh my what beautiful hair you have, I am gob smacked at how long and healthy your hair is, a thousand thanks for sharing. Your my new inspiration.

JCFantasy23
October 8th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I just love looking at pictures. Congrats on your journey, thanks for sharing this trip down memory lane with us.

Runzel
October 8th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Wow.

Beautiful. :)

Teazel
October 11th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Oh! More posts! :oops: Thank you so much, Isa-belle :crush:, jojo, JCFantasy23, and Runzel. :flowers:

beryl
February 4th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Teazel, I stumbled across this site when I was looking for hairstyles for long hair, and I saw one of your posts in the first thread I looked in. I don't even remember what the thread was about, but I remember seeing your avatar and signature pictures and thinking, "Her hair is so beautiful, so amazing! I want my hair to look like that when I go silver." You've inspired me to not dye out silver when I get there.

Thank you!:D

(The bun on the right side of your signature picture is the one I like the most)

jacqueline101
February 5th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Your hair is stunning.

dulce
February 5th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Teasel,you are one of my inspirations,just love your length and colour and the fantastic hair styles you can do..