PDA

View Full Version : Growing Pains.....

marikamt
August 31st, 2009, 04:04 PM
I wore my hair down today for the first time in a long time.... and had it up in about 2 hrs..... I HATED it....... I love how long it is getting, love the way it looks from the back, but felt really frumpy in the front..... I am growing out layers (had long side swept bangs that were cut into a more regular bang)... the remainder of the bangs and face framing layers are growing out... Maybe this is why??? They are at a awkward stage?
I really wanted to go get a cut (relayer) or trim...... but I feel like if I can just wait a few more months, it will be fine.......
Maybe I have PMS........:o

swanns
August 31st, 2009, 04:07 PM
I know how you feel! I haven't got layers, but the front parts of my hair are exceptionally dry and curly and poofy. I hate wearing my hair down. I'd like to, just to show it off a bit every now and then, but I can only have it down for about five minutes and will just automatically put if back up again because I feel that I look like a dork and am just not used to the feel of it on my back. Annoying, isn't it? :p

Eireann
August 31st, 2009, 04:12 PM
I wore my hair down today for the first time in a long time.... and had it up in about 2 hrs..... I HATED it....... I love how long it is getting, love the way it looks from the back, but felt really frumpy in the front..... I am growing out layers (had long side swept bangs that were cut into a more regular bang)... the remainder of the bangs and face framing layers are growing out... Maybe this is why??? They are at a awkward stage?
I really wanted to go get a cut (relayer) or trim...... but I feel like if I can just wait a few more months, it will be fine.......
Maybe I have PMS........:o

I call it PMS perm syndrome. For whatever reason, when I have PMS, I feel an urge to change my hair. The standard advice here is to wait 2 weeks before any big hair change. If you still want to do it in 2 weeks, go for it. If not, then you've saved yourself some regret.

Chrissy
August 31st, 2009, 05:37 PM
It will be OK!! :) Certain phases are just not fun. That's why it's nice that wearing it up is an option. You'll get through this. Don't give in and have it relayered. Unless of course you really really want to.

spidermom
August 31st, 2009, 05:45 PM
I can relate to that. I haven't been able to tolerate wearing my hair down very often since about BSL. It gets hot, it tickles my neck, and it gets in my way. I love my length, though.

Mutinous
August 31st, 2009, 06:16 PM
Maybe try a headband or something? It will take the layers you don't like off your face and you will still be able to wear it down? Hang in there, I once had to grow out an awful fringe I had done, and it nearly killed me waiting for it grow!

marikamt
August 31st, 2009, 06:21 PM
Maybe try a headband or something? It will take the layers you don't like off your face and you will still be able to wear it down? Hang in there, I once had to grow out an awful fringe I had done, and it nearly killed me waiting for it grow!

I swear awkward stages creep up one you..... one day you are going along happy as a clam... then "poof" your hair is having a revolution against you... :)

Magicknthenight
August 31st, 2009, 07:13 PM
ahh i used to love wearing my hair down and thought why have it if its always up. But now...its always up haha and i like it that way. Its just what I'm used to after so long. I like letting it down once in a while but don't like if i gotta hold it out of the wind...or check for tangles..or move it extremely gently..i like the feel of it down..but after a while i just have to put it back up. Odd. i guess its just what you get used to..

marikamt
August 31st, 2009, 07:23 PM
ahh i used to love wearing my hair down and thought why have it if its always up. But now...its always up haha and i like it that way. Its just what I'm used to after so long. I like letting it down once in a while but don't like if i gotta hold it out of the wind...or check for tangles..or move it extremely gently..i like the feel of it down..but after a while i just have to put it back up. Odd. i guess its just what you get used to..

haha- I am feeling so conflicted.... :p

Little_Bird
August 31st, 2009, 09:28 PM
If you're growing bangs and layers, you're probably having a little awkkward stage. You should stick with it tough, it will obviously grow out and look wonderfull =) Growing layers can be difficult, I know by experience, but I'm also sure it probably pays off in the end :D

Good luck :flower:

templeofvenus
September 1st, 2009, 01:20 AM
my hair is in a really awkward stage right now, all i can do is wear it back with a hair band, its a chin length bob with growing out fringe aswell right now its a real bad stage, keep on going your hair looks awesome :)

Arashi
September 1st, 2009, 01:34 AM
Gah, I know the feeling... my hair basically only looks good in extremes. Shoulder length short or waist (and beyond) length long.. anything in between is awkward and drives me insane.

marikamt
September 8th, 2009, 12:29 PM
thank you to all of you who told me to chill and wait..... love my hair again........ :inlove: