PDA

View Full Version : ISO: Braces rubber bands

Beldaran
April 16th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Anyone have any extras sitting around at home? I like using them at the ends of my braids when I make a ton of small ones and I'm running out. We had fun with them on a football over night trip and it demolished my supply. LOL

I'm looking for a good enough supply so that I don't have to worry again for a while, so if you see that someone has already PMed me, please PM me too.

I'm not sure what I can swap, but I can for sure pay the postage (hopefully just a stamp or two) plus some for the bands. let me know what you think is fair.

Thanks in advance!

PseudoScot
April 16th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I might have some... will have to look!

Garnett
April 16th, 2008, 11:46 PM
same here.. I used them on my braids all through highschool.. If I find any, I'll add em to your package :)

Also, have you tried asking an orthodontist? They might give you some free, or be able to sell them cheap.

doodlesmart
April 16th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I don't have any, but you might try looking at your local tack store for these. They are about the same size as the bands for cross bite for braces, come in hair colors and are really cheap. http://www.valleyvet.com/mane-tail/BandIt-Rubberbands

Pegasus Marsters
April 16th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I'll have a look around and see if i still have any of mine, though I doubt it. If I do I'll pm you! :)

Beldaran
April 17th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Thanks all!

Feel free to send me a PM when you find some you'd like to get rid of, even if you don't find them for a while :D

hazelceleste
April 17th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Have you checked Sally's and drugstores? Sally's has the slippy and non-slippy ones in all different colors, and Walgreen's has the slippy ones in black, brown and clear. They're usually in the ethnic section.

Beldaran
April 18th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Right, I know I can buy similar things, I was just hoping that for the price of a few stamps or a minor reimbursement I could take some off of someone's hands who had some laying around and no use for them. I know from experience that once you get your braces off, you find those little bands around your house for years to come. (They roam in packs and in singles.. LOL)

Also, I haven't ever seen anything exactly like them in the stores. They're usually about twice the size and made out of real rubber. I found an online retailer that sells "ortho bands" but you only get 100 for $2.00 (not including shipping)

I do have a pack of a ton of little clear things, the ouchless kind I think, and they're quite big so I have to wrap them a million times, and for me seem to be a one-time use. I was shopping one day and had pigtail braids in, and one of those bands broke on me. That never happens with braces bands.

Anje
April 19th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Are you looking for the itty-bitty ones that go around each bracket on each tooth to hold the wire on, or the slightly larger ones that are used to hook your top and bottom jaws together and are fun to shoot across the room? (Not that I have either, but I sense a need for clarification.)

Beldaran
April 19th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Are you looking for the itty-bitty ones that go around each bracket on each tooth to hold the wire on, or the slightly larger ones that are used to hook your top and bottom jaws together and are fun to shoot across the room? (Not that I have either, but I sense a need for clarification.)

Oh the ones that hook your top and bottom ones together and are fun to shoot across the room, provided it's on purpose, and not an accident while yawning.

The ones the go on each bracket are way too microscopic for my braids LOL

Beldaran
April 22nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
*BUMP*

Anyone find any?