PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else wake up with hair in their mouth?

PaleDale
August 31st, 2009, 11:11 AM
When I wake up I resemble a cross between the lion from the Wizard of Oz and a werewolf.. Quite the sexy look eh ;) I sleep with it tied up with one of those metal joined elastic band things and yet I still wake up with hair in my mouth. Apparently I'm hungry in my sleep.. I lay there unconscious going OM NOM NOM NOM.. I'm constantly shoved and told how annoying it is... wtf??!!!!

Rain76
August 31st, 2009, 11:22 AM
Thankfully, no. I don't move a lot in my sleep, so my hair stays pretty much like I left it the night before. I have been sleeping with a covering every night lately, and that seems to help a lot.

PaleDale
August 31st, 2009, 11:26 AM
Thankfully, no. I don't move a lot in my sleep, so my hair stays pretty much like I left it the night before. I have been sleeping with a covering every night lately, and that seems to help a lot.

Ah! Well I can't keep still... I'm rolling around all night :(
What kind of covering? :)

HairColoredHair
August 31st, 2009, 11:37 AM
Can't say that I do... my hair doesn't try to strangle me much.

Can you braid your hair? Maybe that would help?

Oh, and BTW, for lots of people the metal joined hair bands can cause damage... maybe the next time you're at a shop you could look for the cloth unjoined ones? :D

PaleDale
August 31st, 2009, 11:55 AM
Can't say that I do... my hair doesn't try to strangle me much.

Can you braid your hair? Maybe that would help?

Oh, and BTW, for lots of people the metal joined hair bands can cause damage... maybe the next time you're at a shop you could look for the cloth unjoined ones? :D

My girlfriend has told me off for using them, telling me they're bad for your hair and stuff. She got me some non-metal ones but I could hardly get them over my wrist :( Only other solution is to use her scrunchies haha. and thanks for that suggestion, I think I'll try sleeping with a plait in tonight and hope I don't wake up with a matted clump of tangles hehe. :)

Feye
August 31st, 2009, 02:24 PM
I've never had that happen to me, but I did use to be a restless sleeper before. Then I got cats who slept in my bed. After waking up from kicking in my sleep, I saw the cats sit on the floor, surprised and newly awake, wondering what had happened to them. I had apparently kicked them out of bed. After that I learned to be still when sleeping, for the sake of the cats. :lol:

eternallyverdan
August 31st, 2009, 04:27 PM
I can't say that it happens to me... I guess that I'm just used to moving it out of the way when I sleep. I alternately have it down or in a braid, and I've never managed to wrap it around my neck or chew on it or anything. I think that once it gets long enough to stay over the top of the pillow it pretty much stops being an issue. I would try braiding it though, and if regular hairties don't work for you you can try making some out of old pantyhose.

Speckla
August 31st, 2009, 04:45 PM
No but I've started to eat my hair. I lean forward to bring a fork to my mouth and my hair leans foward too. :(

Nouveaux
August 31st, 2009, 04:57 PM
Sometimes, mostly when I'm ill and sleep with my mouth open ('cause I can't breath through my nose). I'm tossing and turning so much it just ends up in my hair XD.

What I've been doing lately at night is stuffing it into a dress-sock and then wrapping the sock around itself. Stays like that all night. I haven't noticed any damage so far (I would count the hairs that were in the sock after I woke up), just hair that probably would have fallen out anyway while I was sleeping.

Elphie
August 31st, 2009, 05:03 PM
Anyone else wake up with hair in their mouth?

Yes...but it's not mine.:eyebrows:
Make of that what you will. :D

SpinDance
August 31st, 2009, 05:34 PM
What I've been doing lately at night is stuffing it into a dress-sock and then wrapping the sock around itself. Stays like that all night. I haven't noticed any damage so far (I would count the hairs that were in the sock after I woke up), just hair that probably would have fallen out anyway while I was sleeping.

So you make a knot out of a dress sock? Never thought of that!

I braid my hair for bed, either English or Dutch, alternating from time to time. I then put my braid on my pillow over my head. As a side sleeper it's never been a problem. I do that over the pillow thing on the very rare occasions I wear it loose for bed (like once a year), too. If I don't put it up, I'm likely to get it under me and if/when I toss and turn at night and it will get pulled!

I've been thinking lately that I need to get some sort of sleep cap....

pradabacon
August 31st, 2009, 05:38 PM
My girlfriend has told me off for using them, telling me they're bad for your hair and stuff. She got me some non-metal ones but I could hardly get them over my wrist :( Only other solution is to use her scrunchies haha. and thanks for that suggestion, I think I'll try sleeping with a plait in tonight and hope I don't wake up with a matted clump of tangles hehe. :)

Please use her scrunchies. And we'll need pics to assess whether you're doing it right. If she has a pink one, that will probably work best for keeping your hair contained.

http://bestsmileys.com/happy/1.gif

Rain76
August 31st, 2009, 07:51 PM
Ah! Well I can't keep still... I'm rolling around all night :(
What kind of covering? :)

It is a pre tied bandana from coveryourhair.com. I only have one because I won it on facebook. It is really nice, and very comfortable. :)

Botticelli Gold
August 31st, 2009, 08:10 PM
No, but I constantly wake up trapped by my own hair lol!
I cant wear it loose or in a long plait or anything because of this. I wake up because it is trapped under me and I cant turn my head or turn over without having to free it, or it may get wrapped round my throat! I have to wear it on top of my head and it is even getting a bit to long to do this comfortably now.
I can't do the "throw it over your pillow" thing because I am a tummy sleeper and it slides back down as soon as I turn my head. Only way I can do that is to have it in a ponytail on top of my head close to my forehead.
Never woken up to a breakfast of hair though lol!

pepperminttea
August 31st, 2009, 09:29 PM
I always used to wake up with it plastered to my face before it was long enough to braid - had to fight with it in the morning to get a brush through. Braiding is definitely the way forward. :)

Jinx2234
August 31st, 2009, 09:46 PM
Braiding my hair before bed helps me to keep it out of my mouth and my husbands mouth. When I didn't braid it I would often wake up with my hair in my mouth, now I just wake up with the braid trapped underneath me.

Deborah
August 31st, 2009, 11:45 PM
I've had long hair since childhood, and never get it in my mouth. I think this is because as a little girl I got in the habit of tossing it up over my pillow, so that it could hang off the top of the mattress. That way, even when I sleep fitfully with a lot of movement, my hair still stays up and out of the way. Maybe you could try something like this.

Good luck! I'd hate to wake up with hair on my face or in my mouth. Ick.

freckles
September 1st, 2009, 03:52 AM
I do mine in two braids so I can bring one over each shoulder - it's the only style I feel comfy sleeping in, and it keeps hair out of both mine and DBFs mouths :)

Addy
September 1st, 2009, 04:41 AM
Does dog hair count cuz I get an occasion shed hair that way... :confused:

What can I say... I sleep with a Boxer and a Lab. :D Best snugglers ever!!!