PDA

View Full Version : Kinda sad.....

Crystal520
August 31st, 2009, 06:23 AM
:(

I can tell that my hair is growing by the way it feels. It has only been 2 weeks since it became pixie length so I am hoping it's not just my imagination....it really does feel a bit longer. But I am stuck in this rut of throwing a headband on and nothing else. Don't get me wrong...it looks super cute and it keeps my bangs out of my eyes......but it's the only thing I do to my hair to style it.

I don't know....I guess I am just bummed and so can not wait for my hair to get even longer!!

spidermom
August 31st, 2009, 06:29 AM
I've been there, except for the headband, which I thought looked hideous on me. I liked pixie length for the ease of washing and drying. I'd style it by pushing it into the direction I wanted with gel; easy and done with styling for the day. There's also twisting pieces back and clipping down with pretty little clips (I liked the straight hairpin type with pretty little "jewels" on the ends). Try to enjoy this stage; it does seem to grow out pretty fast because every fraction of an inch in length increase is noticeable.

Chrissy
August 31st, 2009, 07:53 AM
Crystal - Don't be sad!! :) Many of us have gone through this stage and lived to talk about it. Just get through it the best you can and don't let it get you down. Your hair will grow!!!! Really don't worry about it. You will be fine.

JamieLeigh
August 31st, 2009, 08:45 AM
I agree with Spidermom. Enjoy this stage of your hair while you have it, because before you know it, you'll be longer again. My DD3 had to get her hair cut to pixie-length, after my DS5 took scissors to it. :rolleyes: And I'm finding lots of cute things to do with clips and barettes that didn't look as nice on her APL-length hair. Look at this as a positive thing - you get to enjoy all the different phases of hair growth, something those of us who have had long hair all our lives have never gotten to do. :flower:

PS: Blog about all your different trials and successes with each length. One day you'll have an awesome hair journal to look back to, if you ever feel like cutting again. You'll have all the pros and cons of each length. ;)

LadyLongLocks
August 31st, 2009, 09:03 AM
Hang in there and be patient. Just remember that with every passing day it is longer than the day before! And being patient is an important part of having long hair:)
Get some different headbands or hair toys for your length and enjoy the length it is.
Best of luck on your long hair journey!

heatherdazy
August 31st, 2009, 09:15 AM
I had a lot of fun with different products when my hair was that short. Why not get a pomade or wax to play around with it a bit? If you can splurge, Sexy Hair has a line just for short hair full of fun, different products that give different looks.

Crystal520
August 31st, 2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks everyone for the nice and encouraging replies.

I love to blog so I might start a "hair growth journey" one here soon.

Jessikinz
August 31st, 2009, 09:28 AM
It's all about being patient and like the others have said, having fun with it! :) Four years ago I was at pixie length and I loved to clip it and style it with different hair toys. Something I can't do anymore with waist length hair. Good luck with growing out your pixie. Just keep enjoying it everyday, and soon enough it will be long.

Sammybunny711
August 31st, 2009, 10:46 AM
I'm in this stage, too, but I have been here twice before and believe me, it will grow faster than you think. If it makes you feel any better, I went from Pixie to Shoulder Length in 9 months on my first growth attempt, so hang in there!

Lady Mary
August 31st, 2009, 11:17 AM
You can do it, just hand in there! Maybe you can get some little clippies to add to the cuteness? :flower:

RancheroTheBee
August 31st, 2009, 11:51 AM
At that length, I did things like fauxhawks, spiking the back, dyeing it stupid colors because I could get away with it. You're at a length where you can have real fun. If hair was life (and hey, at the LHC it is!) bald to pixie is the equivalent of childhood; you can get away with stuff most people can't.

templeofvenus
September 1st, 2009, 01:40 AM
I am with you on the hairband thing!! thats all I do with mine just now I have tons of different hairbands! I am growing out a bob with a fringe its at a real pain in the butt stage I have been really dying to get it cut but I am not giving in! just keep on going and we will get there! :)

Xandergrammy
September 1st, 2009, 05:57 AM
I've been there too, sweetie. At pixie, gel was my best friend. I can assure you, it will grow. Enjoy your hair the way it is and celebrate each milestone. :flowers:

funnybunny668
September 1st, 2009, 05:28 PM
I hear you.
I'm starting over from a recent pixie, too. My natural wave/curl is *just barely* beginning to come back somewhat, as well, so now mine just looks messy. LOL

Just be patient, is all a person can do. Enjoy each stage as you go through it, and then be happy that you'll never have to be THERE again! ;)

natorade
September 25th, 2009, 12:39 PM
:(

I can tell that my hair is growing by the way it feels. It has only been 2 weeks since it became pixie length so I am hoping it's not just my imagination....it really does feel a bit longer. But I am stuck in this rut of throwing a headband on and nothing else. Don't get me wrong...it looks super cute and it keeps my bangs out of my eyes......but it's the only thing I do to my hair to style it.

I don't know....I guess I am just bummed and so can not wait for my hair to get even longer!!

A headband is all I wear now too. I just don't do anything to my hair and I am bummed about my hair too. I just can't wait for it to grow. So, why did you cut in a pixie?

jacqueline101
June 16th, 2013, 03:33 PM
We've all had awkward hair stages .

Ishje
June 16th, 2013, 04:05 PM
it will be a fun process to grow your hair, every length comes with new updo's to practice.
personally I find the journey very enjoyable, even though it goes sooooooooo slooooooooow :p

furnival
June 16th, 2013, 04:20 PM
I imagine the OP is well past her awkward stage now- this thread is from 2009. :uhh:

hippie girl
June 16th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Well, it is certainly time for an update from the OP, then!! :)