PDA

View Full Version : Build up question

marikamt
August 29th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Okay- So I decided to try this month cone-free.....

I clarified 2 days ago and started using Whole Foods 365 Citrus shamp/ condish.... today I henna'd and used my old condish to wash/ rinse (nexxus humectress) that has cones....
should I clarify again (Sept is my cone-free month) or cause it was only one day am I okay??
I really want to know how my hair is cone-free........

AnneAdeline
August 29th, 2009, 07:00 PM
If I were you, I'd probably just clarify so that I knew that my hair was without any cones.
But I don't think it should make too much of a difference. I mean, cone buildup is from continued use of cones. Just one wash shouldn't lead to buildup. I think.
I've just been trying my hair cone free for the past few weeks, so I'm still a cone-free newb. :)

Fractalsofhair
August 29th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Is this the new whole foods 365 or the old one? One has SLS in it(which will get the cones out) and one doesn't.

marikamt
August 29th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Is this the new whole foods 365 or the old one? One has SLS in it(which will get the cones out) and one doesn't.

Nope- new one... I bought it so I could be cone and sls free (why go half when you can go all the way :lol:)..... I figured if I was going to try , go whole hog......

Roseate
August 29th, 2009, 09:06 PM
should I clarify again (Sept is my cone-free month) or cause it was only one day am I okay??
I really want to know how my hair is cone-free........

I think you answered your own question! If you really want to know for sure your hair is totally cone-free, you gotta clarify.

Otherwise, I'd say don't bother unless you see buildup/limpness/other icky cone issues, one wash is probably not a big deal. But for the sake of being strict with your first conefree month, ease your mind and clarify.