PDA

View Full Version : Pin curls

fleurdelis
August 29th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I just tried to do pin curls and here is the result. I could imagine my hair even more curly, but I am quite happy with it nevertheless so I decided to share it :). My original hair texture is about the one of my signature.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad98/fleurdeliscz/pincurlssmall.jpg

Lady Mary
August 29th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I love it, very pretty! :flower:

fleurdelis
August 29th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks a lot :)

Stephichan
August 29th, 2009, 03:40 PM
You have gorgeous hair. I'm quite envious.

Michiru
August 29th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Cool, I plan on trying this soon.

Thinthondiel
August 29th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I love doing pin curls! I have a few pictures in my album of me with pincurls. My hair holds curls really well, so if I pincurl my hair while it's damp, the curls will last for several days.

fleurdelis
August 29th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks a lot Stephichan and Nichiru :)

Thinthondiel, thats cool :) mine did not last too long, but next day my hair had beautiful volume that many peopel noticed. Do yo fix them with something?

Thinthondiel
August 30th, 2009, 05:13 PM
No, I don't. I wonder if the coarseness of the hair has something to do with how long the curls last... because when I pin curled my roomie's hair (she has finer hair than me), she fixed the curls with hairspray, yet after about half a day her curls had gone from corkscrews to waves.

Also, hair will hold curls better/longer if you have curly or wavy hair already, so that might be why your hair doesn't turn out quite as curly as you'd like. Maybe you could try using some gel or setting lotion in your hair while it's damp, before pin curling?

fleurdelis
August 31st, 2009, 03:20 PM
Do you have any gel or setting lotion tips?

redwoman
August 31st, 2009, 03:53 PM
I don't have any gel tips, just wanted to say I think your hair is pretty.:)

fleurdelis
August 31st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks a lot redwoman :)

swirlytresses
September 3rd, 2009, 08:17 AM
That looks great!! :)

Thinthondiel
September 3rd, 2009, 09:11 AM
Do you have any gel or setting lotion tips?

Not from personal experience, as I've never had to use either of those when pin curling my hair... :shrug:

But I did find this thread about setting lotion (http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=3897) on another forum.

And with gel, I'm not sure if it really matters much which type you use.

Btw., I didn't ask in my last post, but did you pin curl your hair while it was damp or dry? Because the curls will last longer and be more spirally if your hair is damp when you curl it, than if you pin curl dry hair.

RoseAnn
September 3rd, 2009, 10:11 AM
:love: gosh beautiful. I must try pin curls. I usually twist damp hair up in a loose top knot but can't get even waves. Did you use large sections to make those lovely waves? Really they are gorgeous as well as you hair. Another member gives me hair envy lol.

fleurdelis
September 3rd, 2009, 03:20 PM
Thanks a lot :love: swirlytresses and RoseAnn

I did do the curling part while it was still partialy wet, Thinthondiel.

Well, I tried o do sections as small as possible, RoseAnn, onethat could be clipped with he flat thingies (canīt remeber how they are called :o)

WelshLocks
September 3rd, 2009, 06:12 PM
Adorable!Pin curls on me are more cork screw,but I have wavy hair already. This style created beautiful waves on you!:)