PDA

View Full Version : Pics from going to salon (4 BIG pics)

Michiru
August 28th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I finally got around to getting the pictures on my computer so now I can post them. I was pretty nervous about going back to a salon since the last time I went I wasn't happy at all. But this actually turned out real good. I let her use a curling iron on me and it didn't need to stay on very long at long. She would just wrap the hair around and slide it out, no holding it to my head. She gave advice on how to get the waves without the curling iron since I said I won't be using one which involves a bunch of braids. I haven't tried it yet since I don't have any small hair bands. I like how they have a no tipping policy. I think I'd go back to them.

So here are the pics: (sorry they're so big. I have no idea how to shrink them)

Before
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx260/gingerdoe/photo-27.jpg

After
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx260/gingerdoe/IMG_0966.jpg

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx260/gingerdoe/IMG_0965.jpg

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx260/gingerdoe/IMG_0964.jpg

I had also re hennaed by this point though you can't really tell cause I'm indoors.

Vrushali
August 28th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I love the layers!!!:thud:...Thats how I want my hair to look like one day!:)

Fillette
August 28th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! The color and the layers are absolutely awesome!

yogachic
August 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Gorgeous hair!

marikamt
August 28th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Wow!!! I can't wait till mine is that long.... LOVE the color.... did you henna since siggy pic???
Very pretty!!!!!

OOPS!! (siggy pic) had you mixed up w/ last poster..... you may not have started out as a blond... :blushing:
or some poster... or something..... Yikes- my brain is short circuiting....

aahavaa
August 28th, 2009, 11:35 AM
great hair! I love those layers!

SimplyViki
August 28th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Wow, your new layers are stunning. If I wasn't trying to grow mine out to try out one-length hair, I'd go and ask a stylist to cut mine just like that.

tangocurl
August 28th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Beautiful hair--love the cut. It looks soooo healthy!

FaeryTails
August 28th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Gorgeous hair - so shiny!

serious
August 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Those layers look great!
Beautiful hair!

violetflower
August 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Lovely photos, gorgeous hair! I want to get short layers like that in my hair, dh doesn't think that it looks right, I do though! I will show him later!

Ryanne
August 28th, 2009, 12:29 PM
The layers look gorgeous!

DarkChocolate
August 28th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I love the layered look and the soft curls:) Your henna color is beautiful too:)

RancheroTheBee
August 28th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Your hair looks absolutely beautiful. :D

Michiru
August 28th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks everybody! :D I wish there was a way to make the waves more permeant w/o having to braid each night. I wanted something that would look like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciMVEKCL2NY red hair girl

The stylist said I would have to perm if I wanted that. If only my hair would stay in the same condition since I'm pretty happy with the length. I don't think I would be able to stand crunchy hair no matter how good it looked.

Addy
August 28th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Definately don't perm it!

It looks Mavahlous! :D

smilinjenn71
August 28th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks everybody! :D I wish there was a way to make the waves more permeant w/o having to braid each night. I wanted something that would look like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciMVEKCL2NY red hair girl

The stylist said I would have to perm if I wanted that. If only my hair would stay in the same condition since I'm pretty happy with the length. I don't think I would be able to stand crunchy hair no matter how good it looked.
First offf.....LOVE your layers. Very pretty, even and nicely textured.

Call me crazy but I think she has bun waves. Most likely put her hair in a bun on top of her head while her hair was 10% (or so) damp. Another method you could try is pin curling your hair at night. Wet will give you major curls, dry not as much. Keep in mind if the pin curls are too tight the next morning, you can lightly mist them with some water and they will relax.

I've been pin curling my hair for several weeks now. It's easy to do and I love that the next morning it's so easy. Just pull out the bobby pins, run my fingers through it (maybe relax a couple of areas) and go!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ilovegerardo#play/uploads/79/50yw2W5F_z8

LaurelSpring
August 28th, 2009, 12:50 PM
That looks so awesome! You have inspired me to get a trim now. I hope that it looks as good as yours turned out.

What did the stylist tell you to do with the braids to get the waves without curling? I would like to know, if you could describe it.

Michiru
August 28th, 2009, 01:02 PM
That looks so awesome! You have inspired me to get a trim now. I hope that it looks as good as yours turned out.

What did the stylist tell you to do with the braids to get the waves without curling? I would like to know, if you could describe it.

She told me that when the hair is half dry (I mentioned that I shower at night) to braid my hair into three sections (or more). One on each side of my head and one in the back and sleep on it. In the morning it should be dry and wavy. Like I said I haven't tried it yet. From past experience whenever I put my hair up partially damp it stays damp so I'll probably have to wait till mine is very near dry. I've been thinking of buying some styling products from jessicurl. Hope this helped! :)

smilinjenn71 - what is pin curling? ETA: oh never mind, it was the main video on that link. Opps. But wow, that's looks really nice. I didn't think she would get that big of curls. I'll have to try that. (once I get some pins)

LaurelSpring
August 28th, 2009, 01:21 PM
I will give that a shot. It would be nice to get those sorts of waves withouth a curling iron. If it works for you let us know!

AnnaMarie
August 28th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Check out manderlys tutorial for soft waves I do something very similar and it works really well
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=84
Keeping it in a twisted bun really helps encourage soft waves and also sleeping with it in rope braids HTH :)

little_acorn
August 28th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Looks gorgeous :D

Ardaris
August 28th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Wow!!!
Beautiful coulor!!!
I like it!!! :)

LaurelSpring
August 28th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Check out manderlys tutorial for soft waves I do something very similar and it works really well
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=84
Keeping it in a twisted bun really helps encourage soft waves and also sleeping with it in rope braids HTH :)

Thanks for the article. I hadnt thought about trying rope braids. I will have to give that a go also.

ericthegreat
August 28th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Michiru, your current hair color and haircut is magnificent! Henna really does wonders for your hair, the shine is just fantastic! I also love the slight natural waves that your stylist placed into your hair, its suits you!

Lady Mary
August 28th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Very pretty curls!

Ponytale
August 28th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Your layers look wonderful. Great color and curl/body too!

You have shown me something...when I had a great stylist, he put long layers in grandually over our 3 year relationship. My hair was healthy and it felt good. After I moved a new stylist said "What! He put layers--you can not have layers and grow long hair!" So--I did not do it again (I was also afraid a different stylist would take too much off). The layers have been grown out for a long time, and now I notice damage half way up that I did not have when he was layering it. I think the trims kept up with the natural loss of length on some parts.

AutumnSky
August 28th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Gorgeous layers, great color... just wow!
Never heard of a salon with a "no tipping" policy...wish there were one in LA!

Ndnlady
August 28th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Wow! Those layers turned out so beautiful! Your hair looks gorgeous with the layers!

Zombiekins
August 28th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I love it! The wave in your hair makes those layers really beautiful!

gibsongirl71
August 28th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I love the layers! That is how I want my hair to look too!

Whimsical wind
August 28th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Gorgeous hair! I love your colour.

spidermom
August 28th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Very pretty. After I reach my current goal of classic length, I'm thinking of going to waist or hip length with layers. I'm not sure, though; I wouldn't want my bottom-most layer to be thin.

Michiru
August 28th, 2009, 07:12 PM
That's kind of something I'm thinking about too. Although I like my current length I'm wondering if I should continue with the next milestone. It just seems to get damaged when it gets longer then this. Given that I'm lazy it'll probably just grow :o, so I'll just have to see how it does.

RavennaNight
August 28th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Beautiful! Pretty layers! I am so scared of layers myself. But you rock them!

Tap Dancer
August 29th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Your hair looks beautiful! :flower:

Medievalmaniac
August 29th, 2009, 06:15 AM
That is a treasure to hold fast to - a salon stylist who understands the movement and type of your hair! She did a great job. :)

Siava
August 29th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Your hair looks lovely! :)

Periwinkle
August 29th, 2009, 06:42 AM
It looks gorgeous! I'm not normally a fan of layers but yours look effortlessly stunning.

Lilli
August 29th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Really lovely!

naomimcc
August 29th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Beautiful! Pretty layers! I am so scared of layers myself. But you rock them!

This...totally. The layers look awesome...hmmmm...maybe that's the change I need. *easier said than done*

janiejones
August 29th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Usually I'm a little iffy on my opinion of layers in long hair....not anymore! Your hair is lovely!

going gray
August 29th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Your hair is lovely, amazing shine too!

RoseRedDead
August 29th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I'm kind of layer-phobic myself, but one of these days... maybe something not as dramatic as yours.

The stylist did an excellent job and it looks great.

windinherhair
August 29th, 2009, 11:08 AM
It really looks beautiful! Nice to know you had a better experience this time. I have had those bad experiences myself. :)

I also wanted to add, to reply to some of the other comments about layers, I am also not a big fan of layers. I think the biggest reason why I don't want them is because they are big maintenance to make them look this good every day (and I think they thinned out my hair). I don't want to use heat styling products on my hair either. I think it looks really beautiful though. If there was a way I could get this look every day, without heat, hardly any time involved or damage, then I would do it!

thankyousir74
August 29th, 2009, 11:10 AM
So pretty :inlove: those are such nice layers :)

Michiru
August 29th, 2009, 11:32 AM
It really looks beautiful! Nice to know you had a better experience this time. I have had those bad experiences myself. :)

I also wanted to add, to reply to some of the other comments about layers, I am also not a big fan of layers. I think the biggest reason why I don't want them is because they are big maintenance to make them look this good every day (and I think they thinned out my hair). I don't want to use heat styling products on my hair either. I think it looks really beautiful though. If there was a way I could get this look every day, without heat, hardly any time involved or damage, then I would do it!

Yeah, my hair has currently gone back down to its regular straightness. It's not so different then before. Right now I have braided by hair in one braid when it was still a little damp and I'm going to see how it turns out with I take it out. It takes forever to dry when not let loose, so we'll see.