PDA

View Full Version : I Guess My Boss Doesn't Understand Updos

madzoo
August 28th, 2009, 06:50 AM
We just found out that the new performance evaluation system where I work is going to have the pictures from our employee IDs in it. When I had that picture taken, I was just growing my hair long again. It was at that awkward length where it's just passing the shoulders. My hair now is a little longer than BSL, and I wear it up all the time.

I commented that my ID picture was close to 10 years old, so my boss wanted to see it. He exclaimed "Your hair was long!" I told him it's still long, I just wear it up. He giggled and changed the subject. I should wear it down one day and see how he reacts. He probably wouldn't even notice.

Zindell
August 28th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Thats so funny! :D

But a lot of ppl doesn't seem to understand that hair in buns etc actually are long hair. :rolleyes:
I too vote for you to wear it down one day at work just to see his reactions!

madzoo
August 28th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I wonder what he thinks is balled up on the top of my head. He must think it is just some kind of special holder for my hair toys.

I thought it was funny that he would even consider my hair to be long in that picture. In fact, I wanted to explain to him that while I consider my hair now to be long, the length in the picture could be classified as medium, but not long. I had to remind myself that I was at work, and my boss probably didn't care to hear about my hair length classification system.

Atlantic
August 28th, 2009, 04:26 PM
This has been happening to me at my job, too! Most of them had never seen my hair down until I joined LHC and asked one of them to take some progress photos for me. But for me, I think it's that I have such extreme taper; I don't have much volume compared to my length.

Fractalsofhair
August 28th, 2009, 04:28 PM
XD, well,now we know putting hair up keeps your hair "stylishly" short. XD

girloctopus
August 28th, 2009, 04:34 PM
We just found out that the new performance evaluation system where I work is going to have the pictures from our employee IDs in it. When I had that picture taken, I was just growing my hair long again. It was at that awkward length where it's just passing the shoulders. My hair now is a little longer than BSL, and I wear it up all the time.

I commented that my ID picture was close to 10 years old, so my boss wanted to see it. He exclaimed "Your hair was long!" I told him it's still long, I just wear it up. He giggled and changed the subject. I should wear it down one day and see how he reacts. He probably wouldn't even notice.

He may just notice! He may not even recognize you.

I wore my hair down at school one day (a once in a blue moon occasion) and my teacher didn't even recognize me! I raised my hand to answer a question, and he said, "Who are you?" I told him my name, and then he said "Where did all the hair come from?" :agape:He was very perplexed.

Gumball
August 28th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I understand about updos confusing people. I bun my braid more often than not now. When I went into work yesterday a friend of mine asked if I got a haircut, because apparently not showing the length means that. :lol:

freznow
August 28th, 2009, 04:40 PM
He may just notice! He may not even recognize you.

I wore my hair down at school one day (a once in a blue moon occasion) and my teacher didn't even recognize me! I raised my hand to answer a question, and he said, "Who are you?" I told him my name, and then he said "Where did all the hair come from?" :agape:He was very perplexed.

I've had that happened to me! We were out doing our end-of-the-year water rockets and I was facing the other direction, with my hair down for once, and he needed me for something and couldn't recognize me for all the hair. :lol: Some people...