PDA

View Full Version : What is the length that you like most and why

juliaxena
August 28th, 2009, 06:21 AM
What the title says...I'd really like to know what inspires you about certain lenght, what is the reason you like certain lenght most (besides it looking pretty lol). Thanks for replys.

freckles
August 28th, 2009, 06:24 AM
I have always been in love with tailbone length hair, it seems perfect to me. I think I fell in love with it in high school when I knew a couple of girls with very striking tailbone-length hair and that's the main reason I love it. I think tailbone is the length I really think "wow! he/she has LONG hair!", because it clearly covers all of your back. I think much longer than tailbone would be impractical for me personally, so tailbone is my goal :)

Little_Bird
August 28th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Tailbone lenght is also my favorite lenght, because I think it's the most flattering for almost everyone, as it usually sits very beautyfully.

Still, I'm aiming for classic lenght, because I think that it's only when your hair covers all your back and almost reaches your legs that you actually have LONG hair :D

Lilli
August 28th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I am going to buck the prevailing opinion and say BSL. Maybe I have not been on here long enough to like the longer hair lengths.

violetka
August 28th, 2009, 07:19 AM
For me it depends on the hair and the woman/man. :)

Lemur_Catta
August 28th, 2009, 07:25 AM
My favourite is tailbone, because I think it is long enough to be considered "long" and to suit everyone. Classic is also beautiful, but I think it doesn't suit anyone. I think it wouldn't suit me, it would feel weird because I'm a bit overweight and I think it would make my bottom look bigger.

Aries_jb
August 28th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Mine would be waist. I think it's a flattering length on everyone. However, for me personally, I would say BSL. My hair is curly, so at that particular length my hair would be between tailbone and classic when soaking wet.

Shiva
August 28th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I am going to buck the prevailing opinion and say BSL. Maybe I have not been on here long enough to like the longer hair lengths.
I second this.

I don't think I can handle anything more than BSL, but I did wear it down alot. Still, that's all I'm going for.

marikamt
August 28th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I had originally thought BSL, but have revised to waist (hence the new goal)... it just didn't feel long yet :)
I think waist is beautiful and still practical... we will see what happens when I get there...

Copasetic
August 28th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I think waist length is ideal for me. I like that it is long, but still seems somewhat manageable. :p And I think waist length would allow me to continue to wear my hair down when I want.

metalgypsy85
August 28th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Classic. Just because I love those elaborate braids and buns and how full they look with that length.

misspriss
August 28th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I like two lengths, I can't decide. I can't even decide what my true goal is.

Waist, because it is flattering. It is managable, flattering, long, but not so very long. It hits at the smallest part of the body, drawing attention to the smallest part of the body. So I say waist, I mean natural waist, the thinnest part of your midsection. Just like clothes with a high belt (that fall at the thinnest part of the waist) are flattering, so is hair drawing attention to that line.

Or Classic, because I just think it looks stunning. I fell in love with classic length the first time I saw it. I think that tailbone is very similar, but easier because you don't sit on it so much. Perhaps because classic falls where your body starts to get smaller again, and that would be flattering. To me, tailbone would fall on the fattest part of my body (I have a huge booty) and so it would draw attention to that point, while classic would skim over the fattest part, and draw attention to the areas where I am getting smaller. If that makes sense.

jel
August 28th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Personally, I fell in love with tailbone length when I joined LHC and decided to grow my hair long. To me, it's "princess length" while still being manageable in the real world (my real world, that is!).

Now that I've reached tailbone and my goal, I'm not sure how great it is on me. I'm tempted to go back to waist or just past, as I felt I could enjoy it more (read: wear loose) at that length. Or maybe I just need to get used to my current length!

Another thing that often crops up in these sort of discussions is the Golden Ratio - for me, those lengths are either around waist or mid-thigh...

Melisande
August 28th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Tailbone. I'm very very close to it and it's my next goal. Then, let's think about Classic. Both are very flattering, I feel.

Belledandy
August 28th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I'm torn between two choices: Classic and knee. Classic because that's when hair says "long" to me and is both flattering and dramatic. Knee is wonderful because I know the person worked hard to achieve it and it's less commonly seen.

LittleOrca
August 28th, 2009, 11:05 AM
I like my current length on me, only because I have not had the experience of longer hair yet. ;)

But I love floor length hair, so long as it is cared for.

Raponsje
August 28th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I cannot choose between tail bone and classic. Tail bone is more practical and classic is beautifully dramatic.

basketcase413
August 28th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I think I'm voting for Waist. It is short enough to wear down manageably, but makes great, full updos. That is my next goal...so I may change my mind when I reach it. But for now, for me, I think that is the best length.

Lisa

Aisha25
August 28th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I think tb only because you dont sit on it :roll:

SimplyViki
August 28th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I used to think of it as waist, but I believe the length I've always considered "waist" is really hip. So, I guess hip length is historically my favorite length.

But then... I really like tailbone... and classic... mid-thigh's beautiful, too... Hmm, and I wonder how long my hair can get? :hmm:

SheaLynne
August 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM
This is a hard question when you haven't been to some of the longer lengths!

I have to say that the moment I found LHC, my perception of "long hair" immediately began to change. It's almost as if I had been given permission to even think about going to longer lengths! Or even to not feel pressured to cut at the length mine is. So, definitely different answers than I would have given even a month ago...

I am loving waist-length. I can do up-dos or wear it down, and I do not get a lot of major attention for the length. However, tailbone is my current goal as I would love to see what other up-dos that would bring (since my hair is thick, I still have some that I can't do at waist). But for the first time in my life, I am even eyeing classic or longer as potentials because of the gorgeous full up-dos they bring.

I see beauty and pluses at every length!

tangocurl
August 28th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Elbow-length, which on me is between waist and hip (probably same for most people?) A stunning effect by most people's standards, yet practical and manageable. Although let's see how this goes. I used to think hair past the shoulders was "long"!

sherigayle
August 28th, 2009, 12:24 PM
My SIL has the most beautiful tailbone length hair. At least I think it's tailbone, she barely ever wears it down. It's shiny and straight and a gorgeous caramel color. I am at almost waist, the longest hair are just at waist. My next goal is hip, but I'm not sure where I will really be happy with my own length. I guess when I can do a real figure 8 and it looks good.

RuthieAnne
August 28th, 2009, 12:31 PM
My favorite is floor length, so it brushes against your ankles as you walk by. That is what I am aiming for. Another favorite would be impossibly long animations of hair . . . like Rapunzel. :-)

God bless,

~Ruthie

Deborah
August 28th, 2009, 12:34 PM
My own favorite is anywhere from waist to tailbone.

After that is just seems to be troublesome.

Deborah
August 28th, 2009, 12:39 PM
My SIL has the most beautiful tailbone length hair. At least I think it's tailbone, she barely ever wears it down. It's shiny and straight and a gorgeous caramel color. I am at almost waist, the longest hair are just at waist. My next goal is hip, but I'm not sure where I will really be happy with my own length. I guess when I can do a real figure 8 and it looks good.

See, my problem is that I cannot do a figure 8 at any length, nor many other really pretty updos. I can't even manage a French braid. :o I have to be content with just a few pretty nice updos, and try not to envy those who can do so many more. :o

going gray
August 28th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Oh for me that would be BSL, that length should give me just enough hair to wear up in those gorgeous updos.

CaityBear
August 28th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Classic. I love the look of classic. And tailbone length.

I have seen some gorgeous knee-length hair though. But I think tailbone length or classic is the most universal length that looks good on almost any long haired.

Laylah
August 28th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Mid-thigh or knee length. It just looks so graceful yet stunning and gorgeous.

eternallyverdan
August 28th, 2009, 11:58 PM
I'd vote mid-thigh because it's still shorter than your arms so you can style it without too much hassle. Anything longer and it gets a bit awkward to work with.

aksown
August 29th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Classic, because it's, well... classic. It's my goal length and I think it looks amazing every time I see it on someone.:)

alligatorbaby23
August 29th, 2009, 01:18 AM
In between waist and tailbone here. I've been at waist, it is so manageable. But TB is a whole other beast, that is what makes it so damn covetous. My precious...

RoseRedDead
August 29th, 2009, 04:53 AM
I don't quite feel that I am qualified to say for sure, seeing as how I have never achieved a length longer than that which I have now (between BSL and waist).

Visually, from what I have seen on other people, I really like tailbone, classic, and mid-thigh... I think I like classic the most. I am growing my hair down to my fingertips, which is about an inch and a half longer than classic.

Marika
August 29th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I'd say classic or mid-thigh. It's rare to see someone in real life with hair that long and it looks so stunning! I like tailbone length too. If classic length is going to be too much hassle for me, I probably cut it back to tailbone.

Medievalmaniac
August 29th, 2009, 06:13 AM
tailbone with a nice hemmie is PERFECT hair, IMHO. I love Classic as well, but tailbone is a little more manageable. Right now, I'd be happy with pretty wl on myself, but I'm definitely shooting for tbl with a blunt hemline in the end.

nueinsel
August 29th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I think tailbone has always been my favorite length, since I was a little girl. Mind you, I've never Had tailbone-length hair, but I'm getting close now (an inch or so past waist). I think all of you longer-haired girls on this community have truly spectacular hair as well, but tailbone just looks perfect to me, so that's where I'm headed and where I plan to stay for awhile.

annuscka
August 29th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Waist/hip length, which is what I'm aiming for (so I would think that....) Never had it myself but love it whenever I see it. Anything past "able to sit on" seems to cross the "impractical" barrier for me, even though it's less like that now that I seldom wear my hair down. But there's something about waist/hip that seems both romantic and modern, and still wearable (down) without any major problems.

fiasco
August 29th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I'm around waist now, and heading for hip, which I think will be my perfect length (golly I can't wait!)

For me it's got a lot to do with proportion, I feel like having anything longer or shorter would be similar to wearing an unflattering length of skirt...

wimitlee
August 29th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I'm torn. The longest that I have had my hair was BSL and that's what I'm growing to....but, when I am out and about and I see a lady with waist length hair, it just is sooo beautiful to me.

irishcurls
August 29th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Well....I gotta go waist. And I am not a huge fan of blunt hemlines. My goal is waist. Maybe a little longer but I want waist with a u at the end. I think its cause I have curly hair. Anyways for my longer lengths are real cool to look at but I dont want that. I am too active for something that takes so much work. I spend so much time on my hair already and I am only at apl. Anyways I saw a girl at the supermarket I work at and she had knee length hair. I was so fascinated. I love to look at really long hair. I just want long hair though. Not really long hair. And I do consider bsl and longer to be long hair.

kam984420
August 29th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I'm torn. The longest that I have had my hair was BSL and that's what I'm growing to....but, when I am out and about and I see a lady with waist length hair, it just is sooo beautiful to me.

Then why dont you grow it out to waist?:cheese:

Fairlight63
August 29th, 2009, 01:34 PM
My hair is about BSL but it don't seem that long to me. It still is not long enough to do a lot of hairstyles that I see. I was thinking that I would try for waist length, but I may not be able to get it that long, it seems to have quit growing & I am shedding a lot, so I may have hit terminal length. I don't see how I can keep losing all these long hairs & keep the length.:(

Chanterelle
August 29th, 2009, 01:43 PM
For me it's BSL.

handsclean
August 29th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I love hip and tailbone length hair, I think it's beautiful.. but what really impresses me is knee length. I think that's the most gorgeous length. Not for me, personally, it isn't practical.. but I still love it.

wimitlee
August 29th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimitlee

Then why dont you grow it out to waist?

Hmmm...I just may. I have just been so fixated on getting to BSL:)

Wicked Princess
August 29th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I love the look of hair being a couple inches longer than classic. Does that count as mid-thigh? Right now, I intend to grow my hair out as long as I possible can because I'm very curious as to what my terminal length actually is (I can't help it...I just have to know!).

After I find out, though, I will probably cut it back and maintain it at mid-thigh. :)

rapunzelna
August 29th, 2009, 02:59 PM
it' very hard to decide. I like my current length...I think it's tailbone...but once my hair gets all one length, i'd like to try for knee length.

Nouveaux
August 29th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I'd be so happy with classic I think. I think it's a lovely look when down, and has a lot of updo possibilities (my hair at the moment is too short for a decent braided bun, for one thing). It's going to take awhile for me to get to it with a thick hemline though. Fairytales are pretty on the right person, but I don't think they're for me.

Anlbe
August 29th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I love hair as long as it can grow whilst still being gloriously healthy, but I think my favourite length is what tangocurl said - elbow length. I've never managed to get there myself (my hair stalls at BSL) but the way it looks brushing against the arms and enveloping the upper body is lovely particularly with silky hair. But I also think it's the length at which curly hair looks magnificent - just on the verge of going wild.

toodramatik
August 29th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Anywhere between BSL and waist.

butterflycayton
August 29th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I think I like about waist the best because you can do sooo many more things with it. mine right now is just below shoulder and there are only just only a few hairstyles for that length.
Can't wait for it to reach bsl.

pradabacon
August 29th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I love the look of hair being a couple inches longer than classic. Does that count as mid-thigh? Right now, I intend to grow my hair out as long as I possible can because I'm very curious as to what my terminal length actually is (I can't help it...I just have to know!).

After I find out, though, I will probably cut it back and maintain it at mid-thigh. :)

This. :D

I don't think I would want to stay at terminal length (unless it happens to be something like tailbone or classic,) but I would like to know where it is.

Speckla
August 29th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Hip. I love long curls and think that's the perfect length. Not too short and not too long. Perfect!

Ardaris
August 29th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I love long haired women, so I think that longer is better... :D
My favourite lenght is the floor lenght (or longer :D)... But I never meet a girl with hair longer than waist lenght... :(
I like all that needs a lot of cares and time to grow and a second to destroy (:scissors: ... :bigeyes: :doh::brickwall )... This frailty, this weakness, rouse in me a feeling of protection...:crush:
It's impossible, but I wish a world with very long hair are the rule!!! :rockerdud

Rivanariko
August 29th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I love the look of ankle-length hair. There's something about it just seems so... magical to me. It seems to be about as long as you could possibly get and still be able to wear it loose (although, I imagine you wouldn't often!) I love the way it looks just sweeping down and covering a person's entire body...

That said, tailbone is probably going to be the best length for me. I'm at waist right now, which is the longest I've ever had it, and I want to see how long I can grow it, but I'm not sure if my lifestyle would support super long, "magical" hair. I can dream about it though. :)

JamieLeigh
August 31st, 2009, 09:17 AM
I like it classic or longer, because it covers my backside. :o And it makes your braids and ponytails look impressive.

11eleven
August 31st, 2009, 09:29 AM
I used to think waist but now I'm strongly leanining towards tailbone. It's just so romantic like something you would expect a fairytale princess to wear.

plainjanegirl
August 31st, 2009, 07:00 PM
I love long haired women, so I think that longer is better... :D
My favourite lenght is the floor lenght (or longer :D)... But I never meet a girl with hair longer than waist lenght... :(
I like all that needs a lot of cares and time to grow and a second to destroy (:scissors: ... :bigeyes: :doh::brickwall )... This frailty, this weakness, rouse in me a feeling of protection...:crush:
It's impossible, but I wish a world with very long hair are the rule!!! :rockerdud

so how long is your hair? are you growing your hair long?

Gingevere
August 31st, 2009, 07:05 PM
Like just about everyone else, I've always thought tailbone looks like the perfect length. It might be a bit too long for me, though, since I live a pretty active lifestyle and I'm not too fond of keeping my hair up all the time. I mean, it's BSL now and I'm already finding it gets in the way a lot! I'm aiming for waist at the moment. ;) A happy medium!

HappyHair87
August 31st, 2009, 08:09 PM
I am going to say Waist because....im pretty much there and i feel that i can manage it and do lots of different styles with it.

I wouldn't mind Hip Length though bc in the Black community...that's like having hair to the floor and i love that i have an exoticness about myself even though i am only right at waist length.

Teacherbear
August 31st, 2009, 09:28 PM
I like BSL to Waist length best on me, probably closer to BSL. It is long enough to be long, but I can do some great updos with it. When it is longer than waist I tend to wear it up in a bun all the time.

Reptilia
August 31st, 2009, 09:33 PM
Hip length. It's still really long and gorgeous, without having to sit it on it. I still want hair that I can comfortably wear down and not have to worry too much about it getting caught in/on everything. I find hair past tailbone usually starts looking a bit "ratty" I guess (I'm not a fan of fairy tale ends, personally). I find hair around hip can still have a nice thick hemline.

Who knows, when I get there I may change my mind!

EtherealOde
August 31st, 2009, 10:09 PM
Tailbone and classic are my two favorite lengths. Tailbone for hair worn down is really lovely, especially with a v or u hemline. It has a sexy quality, drawing attention to the small of your back and behind.

Classic for updos and gorgeous braids. Especially ren fair styles, omg I just swoon over really long hair done like that. The thickness that is in the updos from classic length adds greatly to the beauty of those styles.

Tressie
August 31st, 2009, 10:45 PM
I don't know~ Just really long!! Classic or longer! I know it's not really practical, but so what! It's what someone else has said in this thread, "magical"!! (o:

patience
August 31st, 2009, 11:03 PM
I like tailbone and classic length. I think they are very eye catching. Of course, longer than that is really nice too. :)

Ardaris
September 2nd, 2009, 03:03 AM
so how long is your hair? are you growing your hair long?

No, I'm male. I really like long haired women, bisides I'm losting my hair... :sad

Monsterkitti
September 2nd, 2009, 03:58 AM
I really love Classic length, it really looks beautiful and as someone else said romantic and fairy tale like :)

For practicality I'd probably go for TBL

Hiriel
September 2nd, 2009, 04:13 AM
I used to think of it as waist, but I believe the length I've always considered "waist" is really hip. So, I guess hip length is historically my favorite length.
This. When I read a description of someone having waist-long hair, I always thought of it reaching the hip bones. I blame the fact that I was too skinny to have much of a waist at all. Anyway, I really like waist to hip lengths, but I'm not sure why really. I just think it looks nice ;)

wizboo
September 2nd, 2009, 04:21 AM
I have only got to BSL yet, but my goal is waist length/hip length, because you could still have beautiful long hair without it getting in the way! (for me, that is, because I always seem to be covered in mud, straw, or fur, and longer than that would take a while to detangle!

BTW I think my views on this will change when I reach my goal length, I'll probably want to keep going!!!

brok3nwings
September 2nd, 2009, 04:31 AM
oh i think tailbone in a V or U cut

Athanéis
September 2nd, 2009, 05:05 AM
I love all lengths between BSL and tailbone. I think hip and tailbone will not be very practical for me, because I like to wear it down a lot. I will try waist and if I don't like it, I will cut back to BSL because it is still long, but also very versatile.

swanns
September 2nd, 2009, 05:19 AM
For me it's classic. My hair is so thick, even now at tailbone it's still difficult to just grab it, pull it at the front and play with it a little. I would like to have hair that just flows around and looks very long from every angle, I don't feel like tb lenght does that for me. If I get to classic I'm still going to grow past it just to see how far I can go, but classic is where I think I'll finally be happy :)

lirael
September 2nd, 2009, 05:49 AM
Tailbone is my favorite length. My hair has been at long as midthigh and I loved it when it was down and freshly combed, but it got stuck in everything and didn't stay looking nice for very long. At tailbone I can actually wear it down for a day without too much trouble.

Margeaux
September 2nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
The length I have now. It's the longest I've had so far in my life (in childhood my mum always purposely kept it short, and in my teens I experimented with colours and straighteners a lot so it always hovered about my shoulders). It seems that the longer it gets, the better it looks - I should have known earlier!

Sylvanas
September 2nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
I'd say tailbone length. This is because I have thick and wavy hair, and tailbone is the length where I don't have to style it or use products to make it look good. I quite like a blunt hemline, but it doesn't look good on me when I have shorter hair.

pink.sara
September 2nd, 2009, 12:09 PM
Hip/tailbone.

Mainly because that was where I was before the big chop... and I want it back :)

Also at tailbone I could wear it down 5 days out of 7 and do pretty much every single bun in existence.

And maintain a blunt hemline with no taper *sighs*

I give it about 5 years! :o

Quixii
September 2nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
I seem to like classic length most (though I am planning on growing to knee). It's long, but doesn't seem like it would be as annoying as knee length. I think as a curly, it wouldn't completely wipe out my curls, like the really long lengths are bound to do. Plus, like you said, I just think it's pretty. People with that length hair always catch my interest. :)

flyfaraway
September 2nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
I like waist, but BSL seems to look better on certain people. I don't think anything much longer than BSL would suit me well, considering how short I am.

harpgal
September 2nd, 2009, 05:26 PM
Classic length is my all-time favorite length. For my body type, it looks the nicest. I also love waist length.

I really think it all depends on a person's body type. Certain people look more balanced with different lengths of hair. I find it fascinating that we are all so different. The variety makes life wonderful!

RocketDog
September 2nd, 2009, 05:33 PM
I like tailbone length best, and that is what I am aiming for. I think classic would be a bit 'much' for me but think it looks lovely on others. Anything shorter than waist doesn't feel long enough for me...

pepperminttea
September 2nd, 2009, 06:12 PM
I'd go with just above waist length (but that's my goal length, so I would :P ). I really enjoy wearing my hair down, and beyond that length, wearing it down gets to be a bit of an event.

mwedzi
September 2nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
On myself, I think I'd like it to be around waist length stretched, getting rid of my last big chop afro layers. That long because, since my hair is so tightly coiled and shrinks so much, that's how much it would take to even do a fair number of updos. Shorter than that and, because of shrinkage, my hair is still functionally short.

Fireweed
September 2nd, 2009, 06:39 PM
Classic as that is my goal right now.

vindo
September 2nd, 2009, 06:47 PM
I can't say for sure which one is my all time favorite..I think Classic+ so far but Hip length was nice too :)

JKRBeloved
September 2nd, 2009, 06:54 PM
Either tailbone or classic... there just seems to be a nice balance at that length (I hope to make it there, someday.)

kmouse43
September 2nd, 2009, 09:01 PM
I think waist is the ideal length. It looks good on everyone.

Rhiannon7
September 3rd, 2009, 12:36 AM
I have always thought classic length (butt length) is the most beautiful length. basically it is long but not too long to get bad comments. Yep i've heard some comments at work about a co-worker who has hair almost to her knees, and it hurts me what they say. i imagine that if and when she hears those comments it hurts even more. things like "pull her hair out by the roots with the weight." "not sexy" "mennonite wannabe" "looks like a cavewoman" Ok so she has wavy hair and when she wears it down (very few times) it poofs up alot due to the AC at work. she is on her last year at university so she has to be between 22 to 24 years old. and to me, a woman i feel she looks really sexy when she wears her weekend clothes (shorts, very casual summer skirts and even thights and summer tops) with her hair down. and i'm not attracted by women. her boyfriend is so handsome and whenever we see each other at lunch he is always touching her hair. so i know he loves it.

sorry for the rant, just bothers me that people cannot keep their ulgy comments to themselves. anyway i love longer hair, knees to floor, but i think classic length is the best length for those who are new at growing out long hair and is easily cared for without too much weight. plus it looks fantastic!

Starr
September 3rd, 2009, 01:24 AM
I absolutely love the look of classic hair as it just seems so princess-like. That's my current goal, although for my hair to look classic it will probably have to be at least mid thigh. *sigh*

Luckysock
September 4th, 2009, 03:35 PM
I think waist is gorgeous and reasonable because you can still wear it down, but some of the updo's that those with classic and longer can create are just amazing.

gmdiaz
September 4th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I think ankle-length hair looks most amazing.

Right now, my hair is as long as it's ever been. . .just a couple more inches to classic-length. Unfortunately, within the last four or five inches or so, I've really started to see a lot of tapering and thinning at the ends. *grrrr*

But if there is any way possible, I'd LIKE to get to mid-thigh. That may well be my absolute max genetic length but I don't know that for sure. (heh heh heh)

dolcevita
September 4th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I love waist because it is a practical sort of long. I think that once you get to TB or longer I wouldn't want to leave it down at all, even on special occasions, for fear of sitting on it!!

Arashi
September 4th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I think hip length is probably the most universally flattering length on most people... I like it because it's at a length where I see it as *LONG*, but it's not so long that it's impractical.

Dawna
September 4th, 2009, 04:53 PM
On people in general, I like really short, like above the jaw line, or really long, mid-back or longer. There's something about the shoulder range that makes me feel like we should all be driving mini vans.

JCFantasy23
September 6th, 2009, 05:54 AM
I think waist length is ideal for me. I like that it is long, but still seems somewhat manageable. :p And I think waist length would allow me to continue to wear my hair down when I want.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

brownthistle
September 6th, 2009, 06:16 AM
probably slightly over tailbone and not yet classic. so that it half covers the bottom, but has not yet reached the legs.... i feel when it is more than classic it distracts too much from the body.