PDA

View Full Version : I changed my hair color! Pic heavy!

ericthegreat
August 27th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Everyone needs a change once in while! So I decided to lighten my hair color, I simply got bored with the same old black I've been carrying. I got my hair lightened where I always go to get my hair done, the Paul Hair Salon. They used a low level peroxide to gently lift my natural color up. I am now at Level 2 brown. Enjoy guys!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3815&pictureid=49032

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3815&pictureid=49034

ericthegreat
August 27th, 2009, 11:54 PM
...............................continued

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3815&pictureid=49033

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3815&pictureid=49035

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3815&pictureid=49036

ericthegreat
August 27th, 2009, 11:57 PM
.......................................continued

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l382/eric29-bucket/Mobile%20Uploads/1251437923.jpg

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l382/eric29-bucket/Mobile%20Uploads/1251436812.jpg

ericthegreat
August 28th, 2009, 12:00 AM
................................last one!

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l382/eric29-bucket/Mobile%20Uploads/1251436826.jpg

RancheroTheBee
August 28th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Very pretty! It makes your skin look very nice.

CheshireGrin
August 28th, 2009, 12:05 AM
I love your hair. :) I think brown is underrated, it looks very nice and natural on you too.

ericthegreat
August 28th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Thank you Ranchero and Cheshire! :) I was afraid if I went too light that it would clash with my skin tone, so I'm really glad it turned out to actually flatter my skin instead of fight against it.

SimplyLonghair
August 28th, 2009, 12:10 AM
I think that it is very nice Eric. :thumbsup:

ericthegreat
August 28th, 2009, 12:20 AM
The clearer photos I took with my webcam which has a higher resolution than my cell phone. Since I can't both take a back length shot and still be able to click on the mouse at the same time on my computer, I had to use my cell phone to take the pictures of my reflection in the mirror.

Sorry for the blurriness of my cell photos...........the resolution on my cell is only so-so I know and plus my hand was also vibrating from holding it!

Ruvie
August 28th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Wow, I think my mouth hung open a bit as I looked at those..you have amazing hair :O

Aditi
August 28th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Amazing hair Eric :thumbsup: and your new hair color looks great on you :)

prittykitty
August 28th, 2009, 12:48 AM
I just wish I had your very long, straight hair. It is very beautiful both colors.

LittleOrca
August 28th, 2009, 12:56 AM
I generally like black hair on Asians, Islanders, and Africans since to me it looks like a natural color, but this brown is lovely. It goes well with your tone and what is more important is that you are happy with it. :)

Bianca
August 28th, 2009, 01:02 AM
It looks great :D

ericthegreat
August 28th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Actually, what's amazing is that I don't feel any different.............I still feel like I'm "me".........the difference is only noticeable if you compare these two photos:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3493&pictureid=45268

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3815&pictureid=49032

ericthegreat
August 28th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Thank you Aditi :blossom:, Orca :blossom: , and Bianca :blossom: as well! :flower:

Toadstool
August 28th, 2009, 02:00 AM
How gorgeous!

little_acorn
August 28th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Beautiful Eric - a good colour choice for you :D

Johanna64
August 28th, 2009, 03:26 AM
It looks very good!!
I love the color and the length :)

maaria
August 28th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Wow, looks great on you:D

AnnaMarie
August 28th, 2009, 03:44 AM
It really suits you, the colour looks alot "warmer" very nice!:)

GlassEyes
August 28th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Honestly I quite liked your natural color(I'm assuming that's your natural color unless that was an all over color that you did before?). I really do hate the highlighted blonde bimbo look that Hollywood and the rest of society pushes on us as "beautiful". To me dark, rich, shiny locks are the epitome of health.

In your case, I'm going to somewhat agree--I preferred the black, and since you were quite honest about your feelings in my own thread about changing my haircolor, I feel I can do the same in your own. :)

Krifantasy
August 28th, 2009, 07:53 AM
It looks very nice! I like the warmer brown tone. It adds a great depth of color to your hair. I have to say that I am biased as I really do like brown hair (and all the shades it comes in :)).

ericthegreat
August 28th, 2009, 08:17 AM
In your case, I'm going to somewhat agree--I preferred the black, and since you were quite honest about your feelings in my own thread about changing my haircolor, I feel I can do the same in your own. :)

Meow! :whip: Is it that time of the month for you Glasseyes? :rollin:

melrose1985
August 28th, 2009, 08:26 AM
they did a really great job. looks great!

ericthegreat
August 28th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Thank you Toadstool :flower:, acorn :flower:, Johanna :flower:, maaria :flower:, AnnaMarie :flower: , Krifantasy :flower:, and melrose :flower: !!!

tangocurl
August 28th, 2009, 08:41 AM
That's a very flattering color and I love the golden glow to it!

ladylibra
August 28th, 2009, 08:44 AM

:spitting:

(backing out of the line of fire slowly)

Fractalsofhair
August 28th, 2009, 08:45 AM
It looks nice, and within the realm of natural(some Asians do have reddish brown hair, naturally. And one Japanese friend of mine claims that her hair color is totally natural(bright Irish red)... I doubt her slightly, but who knows.). Your hair looks great either color, and I'm glad your hair doesn't appear to be fried. Personally, I prefer your original color, but I tend to love very very dark colored hair, and dark brown just isn't as awesome in my opinion as jet black. But either way it looks good.

halo_tightens
August 28th, 2009, 08:48 AM
I think it looks awesome! Of course, I already thought it looked awesome, lol. Your hair is just so sleek and glossy that it looks good either way! :)

misspriss
August 28th, 2009, 08:48 AM
I love the color on you!

Coming from someone with brown hair who dyes it black....:) It looks lovely with your skin tone!

To be honest, I have always found your hair to be quite stunning, being so smooth and straight. I think the color just makes it that much better!

ericthegreat
August 28th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Thank you tangocurl, Fractals, halo tightens, and misspriss :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:!!!!!!!!!!

I have to head out of the house soon, so here's my :flower: and :blossom: for everyone else who comes into my thread!!!!!!!

thankyousir74
August 28th, 2009, 09:06 AM
:spitting:

(backing out of the line of fire slowly)

yeeeeeeah. What you said :lol:

Jason
August 28th, 2009, 09:09 AM

I agree. I think the natural color looks better plus it makes for more healthy hair.

Aries_jb
August 28th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Very flattering color!

Addy
August 28th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I liked the black too.

It looks good though and silky as before. :)

marikamt
August 28th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Very pretty golden brown!

GlassEyes
August 28th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Meow! :whip: Is it that time of the month for you Glasseyes? :rollin:
First a comment about 'bimbos' having dyed blonde hair, then this? Are you quite certain it's smart to be rather blatantly sexist on a (mostly) female board?

missfortune9335
August 28th, 2009, 10:39 AM
looks great! shiny and glowing :)

Aeon F.
August 28th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Lovely color eric!! :D The shine on it too is super nice!!!

Lady Mary
August 28th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Love your hair! Just beautiful :blossom:

spidermom
August 28th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I liked the darker color, too.

Do you think that you could possibly pick out the one or two best pictures (as most of us do) rather than posting a lot of them? There really isn't much difference from one to the next in most of those pictures.

Aisha25
August 28th, 2009, 11:26 AM
It looks like a brighter light is used on the many many many new ones not much difference to me :shrug: but im glad you see a difference.

ericthegreat
August 30th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I've just received 5, yes 5 really good compliments on my new color over these two days alone!!!!!!:cheese:

Yesterday, I went to the gym for my daily swim and I met up with Sam again. He loved my new hair color, he couldn't stop staring at it!

After the gym I then went to the food vendor to buy some shish kebabs......and the vendor also commented on how lovely my warmer shade has a golden glow to it in the sun.

So after that, I just had to go back to the salon to tell everyone just how well my new color was working for me. Mark, Paul and the receptionist especially were pleased that I was happy with it. Then out of the blue two of my most favorite people in the world also came into the salon, Jennifer and a lovely lady I will call Mrs. Beautiful. They both hugged me, and they both really loved my new color as well. Mrs. Beautiful especially commented on how well my warmer shade compliments my skin tone. "It was as if the sun was shining down on your head!" she said. "I like this color better than your natural color, black is just too dark for you."

And to top it off, another Chinese client who just had her hair colored as well and told Paul that she really loved my color and asked him if he could somehow lighten her shade to match my color! Paul of course told her to wait at least another 6 weeks LOL, so as to not cause her hair damage. Ohh and on a side note, she also loved how long my hair was.........she was at APL and I could see the envy in her eyes! :p

little_acorn
August 30th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Good on you Eric :D thats definitely worth a happy cheese dance :cheese:

smilinjenn71
August 30th, 2009, 06:31 PM
That's awesome!:disco:

(figured Mr.Cheese needed a dancing partner...hehe)

DarkChocolate
August 30th, 2009, 09:32 PM
At least Paul seems to care about hair:) I am happy that he told that lady to wait a while so as to not cause damage.

Did your hair feel dried out after the application of peroxide?

My mom uses out of the box color and the hair color comes with a super-conditioner and makes her hair really soft after the color.

ericthegreat
August 30th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Not at all DarkChocolate............in fact if anything my hair actually feels even healthier and silkier AFTER having my hair colored. It could be that they are using top of the line quality color. Oh and Paul always insists that everyone who does a chemical service in his salon get an added conditioning treatment for a very low discounted price.

manderly
August 30th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I liked the darker color, too.

Do you think that you could possibly pick out the one or two best pictures (as most of us do) rather than posting a lot of them? There really isn't much difference from one to the next in most of those pictures.

I have to agree on both counts. Perhaps many of your new threads would be better suited as blog posts.

ericthegreat
August 30th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Well as I mentioned in my first post, black is my natural color and I simply got bored with having the same thing. I personally felt it was time for a change, and as its MY hair I have the right to change whatever I'd like to change about it. As LittleOrca said, the most important thing is that I'm happy with my new color.

Peter
August 30th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Eric, I don't think those comments were intended to insult you. We all agree here that what you do to your hair is your choice, and if you like it then that's great.

And I've got to agree with picking just 2 or 3 of the best pictures next time instead of posting many similar ones.

Anyway, cool hair! I'm envious of how smooth it is.

Stephichan
August 30th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Your hair is gorgeous. I would personally be terrified of the damage from peroxide, but kudos on finding such a great stylist. I'm glad that you're happy with your new color.

Laylah
August 31st, 2009, 12:30 AM
My hair is (naturally) black too, but I would be too scared to alter it chemically in any way. lol, you're fortunate to have strong asian hair that can stand up to peroxide!

anyway, both colours look nicely on you, but to be honest I agree that the black looks more natural.

Roseate
August 31st, 2009, 12:59 AM
I must say I can't really tell the difference from the pictures, if you hadn't said something I would have thought it was the same haircolor in different lighting situations. That's probably a good sign though, it means it's just a subtle change.

Are you going to keep up with the roots or dye it back to black at some point?

ericthegreat
August 31st, 2009, 06:17 AM
Thank you all. :flower: :flower:

Roseate, I will do my roots about every 2 months or so, but the great thing about my new color is that its only 2 shades lighter than my natural jet black so even if I were to get lazy, my new roots wouldn't clash with my colored hair.

JamieLeigh
August 31st, 2009, 08:51 AM
Nice color change! Your hair is awesome. But you know this, lol. :flower:

11eleven
August 31st, 2009, 09:08 AM
Sorry I'm having a hard time seeing the color difference with the lighting in the shots.

Pegasus Marsters
August 31st, 2009, 12:34 PM
Eric, I don't think people have an issue with you colouring your hair but they do have an issue after you made not-so-nice comments about other people colouring their hair. You said that shiny natural dark hair is the epitome of health and beauty or something to that effect, then lightened your hair... I can see why people might find that hypocritical.

Chrissy
August 31st, 2009, 01:43 PM
I too like the black better. Your hair looks great either way since you have nice hair. I don't get though how when someone doesn't feel the same way as you about the color you get offended. Really you don't need to. You have great hair. Several people said it is your hair to do with as you like. Not all people will like the change. I don't feel like anyone said anything out of line, just gave their opinions.

I feel what you said to GlassEyes was disrespectful. Really we all play real nice around here most of the time!! :)

Elphie
August 31st, 2009, 02:32 PM
Well said, Chrissy :-)

From what I can see in the pictures, the color looks nice on you. I'm not sure if I like it better than your natural color, but everyone needs a change sometime.

Rentlle
September 1st, 2009, 12:01 PM
wow, it suits you realy well, Eric :)
it gives you a soft look :)

intothemist1999
September 7th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Me like! :D

I wouldn't mind a colour like that, myself. I like my almost-black hair, but I never can help wondering if it's just too stark against my pale skin.