PDA

View Full Version : (post # 1000) I think my hair has quit growing :( PICS=PROOF

redneckprincess
August 27th, 2009, 06:17 PM
WHATS UP WITH THIS??

Aug 1: http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/redneckprincess78/hair/Picture027-1.jpg
AUG 26:http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/redneckprincess78/hair/Picture021-1.jpg

Seriously, I dont know how you guys (ladies) are but I was looking for something to wear yesterday and came across my red striped shirt and couldnt hold out another 6 weeks, so I convinced myself to put it on for "just a second" and "look quickly" But when I put it on and looked in the mirror I was shocked by what I seen. So I knew I HAD to take pics. Not only did my hair NOT GROW ANY, but it seamed to shrink AND I felt as if I had my head tilted way back to get it to show that long. Ok I know it has only been 4 weeks since my last measure and pic but there should be some change right? expecally with a striped shirt.

the pics below are my siggy pics from june and Aug 1 (same as aug 1 above) not part of this post

little_acorn
August 27th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Don't worry - to me it looks like you have your head tilted down in the second picture and your hair seems slightly more wavier. I'm pretty sure that if you take that into account that it will be a little longer :)

Fractalsofhair
August 27th, 2009, 06:24 PM
I think it's grown a little,but your growth could be stalling out due to prior damage. Babying your hair after damaging it can only do so much.

Charlotte
August 27th, 2009, 06:28 PM
It looks just a little more wavy in the last photo to me. :)

RavennaNight
August 27th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Don't worry Redneckprincess! I really think you got wavier. And your ends are kinda turned up and to the side in the back in your latest pic! Don't fret it is growing.

Redheaded Raven
August 27th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I just think that you have gotten wavier and that is why it looks shorter. I know several on these boards that have hair that has gotten wavier as they have grown. It will be okay! :happydance:
Wavier usually means more moisture so that means that your hair is doing better. :D

Lady Mary
August 27th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Your waves are tighter in the second shot, it might be skewing the images to make your hair look as though it has not grown. Plus, it's only been one month? I wouldn't imaging it to get very long in that time.

melrose1985
August 27th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Congrats on the 1000 post!!!

the second picture looks like it has more wave to it, so it does look longer but maybe shorten by the wave?

it totally looks like it's growing. in the last month the pictures i have taken look from about APL solid, and being a 1/2" short of APL.

rogue_psyche
August 27th, 2009, 07:05 PM
No, I think it is just a combination of the wave pattern, tilting your head down, and your hair being "folded" on your shoulders. If you measure you'll probably find a 1/2" of growth when pulled straight.

I was freaking out myself because I dusted a few days ago and then got -1" from my measurement. Turned out I was pulling the tape measurer up past my hairline. That's probably why the gurus tell us not to be obsessive about measuring and length shots--all the stress will slow our grow rate! ;)

Sheltie_Momma
August 27th, 2009, 07:10 PM
to me it looks fluffier in the newest picture. I think you are doing everything right, it just takes a while ;)

RoseRedDead
August 27th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Honestly, redneckprincess, I know you are very eager to grow you hair long, but geez, lady, please have some patience! Just because you tell your hair to grow doesn't mean it will... Give it a time out! Put it up and forget about it!

(This is not meant to be deragatory. I'm just trying to tell you to keep calm and wait.)

redneckprincess
August 27th, 2009, 07:11 PM
seriously I dont know what skewing the images means LADY MARY but when I wet it down to get rid of the waves, it still was at the bottom of the same blue line,( i have those pics too but my computer is acting up right now, so if you need them I will have to add them tomorrow.)

maybe...maybe its wavier, I suppose I will have to hold out 6 more weeks to my origional deadline of Oct. 9 (my birthday) and measure again and see what happens then.

Thanks!! ♥

talullah
August 27th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Last year, my hair stopped growing for about 6 months. Okay, it grew like an inch in that time. Since then, though, it's been growing normally, a good half inch a month. Even if it is stalling-- which I doubt; you need way longer than a month to tell if it's a stall-- it'll start growing again soon.

Best way to get your hair to grow? Stop thinking about it. :lol: Put it up, don't measure it constantly. Somehow I got from 22" to 32" doing just that. :flowers:

vindo
August 27th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I would not go by shirts..O_o
Like many said, if you head is tilted slightly different..

Also: it has not even been a month.. ._. , average monthly growth is 0.4"/ 1cm, how could you possibly see about 0.3" unless your name is "eagle eye"?

Don't worry just let it grow ;)

redneckprincess
August 27th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Congrats on the 1000 post!!!

the second picture looks like it has more wave to it, so it does look longer but maybe shorten by the wave?

it totally looks like it's growing. in the last month the pictures i have taken look from about APL solid, and being a 1/2" short of APL. Thanks for the congrats, only that really means I just talk to much, lol Now I sit and wait until Dec. for my minions......

No, I think it is just a combination of the wave pattern, tilting your head down, and your hair being "folded" on your shoulders. If you measure you'll probably find a 1/2" of growth when pulled straight.

I was freaking out myself because I dusted a few days ago and then got -1" from my measurement. Turned out I was pulling the tape measurer up past my hairline. That's probably why the gurus tell us not to be obsessive about measuring and length shots--all the stress will slow our grow rate! ;)
I did measure and pull straight and nothing not a millimeter. I really try not to obsess, I just hate wearing my hair up, dont like the way it feels or makes me look.

Honestly, redneckprincess, I know you are very eager to grow you hair long, but geez, lady, please have some patience! Just because you tell your hair to grow doesn't mean it will... Give it a time out! Put it up and forget about it!

(This is not meant to be deragatory. I'm just trying to tell you to keep calm and wait.)
actually this is way less obsessed and more paitent then before I joined LHC, and like I said before I am down to only 1 leingth shot and measure per month, im sure eventually that timeframe will be more widespread with time.

Thank you everyone :cheese:

redneckprincess
August 27th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I would not go by shirts..O_o
Like many said, if you head is tilted slightly different..

Also: it has not even been a month.. ._. , average monthly growth is 0.4"/ 1cm, how could you possibly see about 0.3" unless your name is "eagle eye"?

Don't worry just let it grow ;)
no just that I have been getting 1" a month for the last 6 months, so it worried me

LisaJaney
August 27th, 2009, 07:33 PM
It's not even four weeks between pictures, and head-position can easily account for what appears to be no growth. Even WITH growth, the AVERAGE (you can be faster or slower than average and be perfectly fine FOR YOUR OWN BODY) is only a half-inch per month. A simple lift of drop of the chin a mere 1/4" would account for the hemline being moved up to "erase" the growth, or make it appear there was none.

IF you hit terminal length, you will know it because over a period of MONTHS (like six months or 12) you just won't get longer. But, then again, thinking back over the years I've been hanging around with this crazy group, I know I've heard the old-timers (long-timers, I should say) say that they sometimes hit a period of a few months (maybe 4, maybe 6?) where they had no perceivable growth; their hair just had a resting phase. Then the growth picked up again and off they went, getting longer hair again.

So, the SHORT answer (too late!) is that you should definitely NOT be worried that your hair doesn't appear longer in 25 days. And really: Are you going to be a better wife/mother/sister/daughter/friend/teacher/racecar-driver/farmer/psychiatrist/PERSON with hair that's down to your butt or your knees than you are RIGHT NOW? The answer is NO, you're not. In the grand scheme of things, your hairlength is small potatoes. (shoot me now, I don't care) Don't fret so, it'll come when it comes. And even if it weren't to ever come, is it the end of the world? No, it's not. You are still the person you are with or without hair.

This notion that you have to have great hair is just...well, there shouldn't be such perceived pressure (yeah, I talk a good game. I've felt the pressure. You just gotta quit accepting it and subscribing to it. My life got a WHOLE lot easier when I did!!!)

The end result is: 25 days is not anything to worry about, it takes WAY longer than that to determine that your hair has quit growing. So tell yourself that it'll come, and...well, it'll come!

Hugs to you, because I know what you mean, and I remember worrying. Just don't sign up for that newsletter (the "worry about my hair -- it's not growing/it's not growing FAST ENOUGH!" one) anymore. It holds nothing but negativity and defeating LIES. Watch: in two months, you'll post a pic with a few more stripes covered by lovely hair. :smooch: But seriously: ignore the pressure. There's none of us alike here, why would we ever think our HAIR is going to be the same or grow the same? It's just convoluted thinking, and leads to dissatisfaction with what we've got. Why torment ourselves? :twocents:

(ETA: Did not see you "I've gotten an inch a month" post til just now. Your body could be catching up. It's spent the last few months putting out unreasonable amounts of hair, and now the follicles are going "Holy crap, I need a rest!" Your hair-journey is just that: YOUR journey. Mine is different, as is every single person's here. You got some amazing months. It's unreasonable to expect that to continue til you're eighty, so at SOME point it had to slow down a little. Maybe this is just a small hiatus and the rapid-growth will start again, or maybe you'll jump in at half-inch a month like the majority of the folks, but either way, know that there are TONS of people who are jealous of your inch-a-month growth-jag. ;))

GlassEyes
August 27th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Honestly, it hasn't really been a long time, and hair only grows on an average of 1 in per month (in general).

However, I will say that if you aren't seeing growth in a while, it might be due to damage. You had bleached hair that you permanently straightened, correct? That's going to cause some issues with growth down the line, I'm willing to bet, even with proper care. You may have to start trimming before you see any noticeble length.

Nightshade has an article, I believe, on growing damaged hair, where she managed to grow her hair a fair amount while still cutting off damage. You might want to look into it.

redneckprincess
August 27th, 2009, 08:06 PM
It's not even four weeks between pictures, and head-position can easily account for what appears to be no growth. Even WITH growth, the AVERAGE (you can be faster or slower than average and be perfectly fine FOR YOUR OWN BODY) is only a half-inch per month. A simple lift of drop of the chin a mere 1/4" would account for the hemline being moved up to "erase" the growth, or make it appear there was none.

IF you hit terminal length, you will know it because over a period of MONTHS (like six months or 12) you just won't get longer. But, then again, thinking back over the years I've been hanging around with this crazy group, I know I've heard the old-timers (long-timers, I should say) say that they sometimes hit a period of a few months (maybe 4, maybe 6?) where they had no perceivable growth; their hair just had a resting phase. Then the growth picked up again and off they went, getting longer hair again.

So, the SHORT answer (too late!) is that you should definitely NOT be worried that your hair doesn't appear longer in 25 days. And really: Are you going to be a better wife/mother/sister/daughter/friend/teacher/racecar-driver/farmer/psychiatrist/PERSON with hair that's down to your butt or your knees than you are RIGHT NOW? The answer is NO, you're not. In the grand scheme of things, your hairlength is small potatoes. (shoot me now, I don't care) Don't fret so, it'll come when it comes. And even if it weren't to ever come, is it the end of the world? No, it's not. You are still the person you are with or without hair.

This notion that you have to have great hair is just...well, there shouldn't be such perceived pressure (yeah, I talk a good game. I've felt the pressure. You just gotta quit accepting it and subscribing to it. My life got a WHOLE lot easier when I did!!!)

The end result is: 25 days is not anything to worry about, it takes WAY longer than that to determine that your hair has quit growing. So tell yourself that it'll come, and...well, it'll come!

Hugs to you, because I know what you mean, and I remember worrying. Just don't sign up for that newsletter (the "worry about my hair -- it's not growing/it's not growing FAST ENOUGH!" one) anymore. It holds nothing but negativity and defeating LIES. Watch: in two months, you'll post a pic with a few more stripes covered by lovely hair. :smooch: But seriously: ignore the pressure. There's none of us alike here, why would we ever think our HAIR is going to be the same or grow the same? It's just convoluted thinking, and leads to dissatisfaction with what we've got. Why torment ourselves? :twocents:

(ETA: Did not see you "I've gotten an inch a month" post til just now. Your body could be catching up. It's spent the last few months putting out unreasonable amounts of hair, and now the follicles are going "Holy crap, I need a rest!" Your hair-journey is just that: YOUR journey. Mine is different, as is every single person's here. You got some amazing months. It's unreasonable to expect that to continue til you're eighty, so at SOME point it had to slow down a little. Maybe this is just a small hiatus and the rapid-growth will start again, or maybe you'll jump in at half-inch a month like the majority of the folks, but either way, know that there are TONS of people who are jealous of your inch-a-month growth-jag. ;))

wow am I comming off as to obsessed like my hair growth is all i ever think about, geez, no I was just a little put off by these pictures is all usually I have tons of new growth in 25 days, Im just afraid of going back to my >1/8" a month like I had before I started taking vitimans & supplements a year or more ago.

nowxisxforever
August 27th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Honestly, it hasn't really been a long time, and hair only grows on an average of 1 in per month (in general).

However, I will say that if you aren't seeing growth in a while, it might be due to damage. You had bleached hair that you permanently straightened, correct? That's going to cause some issues with growth down the line, I'm willing to bet, even with proper care. You may have to start trimming before you see any noticeble length.

Nightshade has an article, I believe, on growing damaged hair, where she managed to grow her hair a fair amount while still cutting off damage. You might want to look into it.

I agree with this. Honey, stalls happen, and also damage breakage happens... I would recommend not looking for length shots of your hair more than once every 6 months minimum unless you have a specific reason (New routine makes it look different, henna, honey lightening, etc) to do so. That's how I grew my hair as long as it is... I would put it up and IGNORE it for several months, then pop on LHC months later and see how long my hair had gotten and take a length shot! It's part of why I only recently hit 1k posts since 2006!

Flynn
August 27th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Your waves are much stronger in pic 2, the angle of your head is different, etc, etc, and you really shouldn't be seeing all that much in less than a month anyway.

Sheltie_Momma
August 27th, 2009, 08:41 PM
This is just my opinion but I think you are at the hardest part - I know for me, getting from chin to well past shoulder took forever.... Then suddenly it got there and seemed to go faster, now for my own hair that is because I need some length to weigh down the poofiness and I know that you pulled it straight and all that, but I'm just saying! I had a VERY short pixy in 2002 - it has seriously taken me this long to get 28 inches...

vampodrama
August 28th, 2009, 01:18 AM
I'm pretty sure your hair hasn't stopped growing :)

Just give it time and let it do its thing. Trust me, I have had many occasions over the past few years where I was sure that was it, my hair would never grow any longer, and yet here I am, from a buzzcut to BSL and going way beyond ;) Hair growth happens when you're not looking, believe me. Just... forget about it, that's the best thing to do. take good care of it, but forget about the length for now, and it will grow.

Renbirde
August 28th, 2009, 01:39 AM
:) Your ends have this gianormous floop in them. I thnk if you hold your head straight and your hair wasn't being all cute-flirty-wavy, you'd be close to the bottom of that red stripe, and mabye into the blue.

juliaxena
August 28th, 2009, 02:17 AM
If you look at the part of your hair that is undyed it is clearly longer.

adiapalic
August 28th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Don't worry Redneckprincess! I really think you got wavier. And your ends are kinda turned up and to the side in the back in your latest pic! Don't fret it is growing.

I agree here. Your hair might have had a little more wave that day--looks shinier too. :)
I'm sure it's growing-- it's hard to see growth within that time frame sometimes. :flower:

halo_tightens
August 28th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I feel your pain!!! We're in the same general neighborhood, length-wise, and I feel like I haven't budged a bit this month. I've been trying to be patient and stop thinking about it, as everyone has already recommended, but it is hard to do, lol.

Hang in there! :)

metalgypsy85
August 28th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Your hair looks healthier in the new pic. That counts for something! Also, it's only been 27 days. If you take pics that often, it's pretty easy to get discouraged. Either way, your hair is shiny and pretty:)

lora410
August 28th, 2009, 09:49 AM
My hair goes through stalls. This summer I didn't get as much growth and some months didn't get any at all. If your hair doesn't grow in a year then you are terminal BUT that is highly unlikely. It could be you have breakage?

Dez
August 28th, 2009, 09:52 AM
a watched pot never boils ;)

Spike
August 28th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I know it's hard to be patient, but . . .

I also think Emichee's sig photo says it all. That's a YEAR worth of growth with (presumably) modest trims. She's got about 4" in that one year. Average growth would give her about 6" in that year, so that's about right.

Also noted your 1" in 1 month post. Again, we're talking averages. My hair grows a little faster in summer, a tich slower in winter. You got a spurt of one inch one month, you may get nothing this month--and you have still averaged 1/2 inch per month.

This doesn't mean the supplements aren't helping. This just means you got the big boost from the big change--like losing thirty pounds in thirty days. This does not mean you'll be able to be 100 pounds thinner in 100 days if you only follow this easy-peasy diet. Changes in one's body take time.

:grouphug:

spidermom
August 28th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Waves definitely elongate and shrink up. And sometimes you shed out your longest hairs and your hair really is shorter for a little while. I noticed this when I was so anxious to be waist length. I'd belt my middle and look at the back in the mirror. One day my ends were FINALLY touching the belt, then they overlapped the belt a bit -- happy dance! But the next week my ends no longer even touched the belt, not even when I straightened my hair. It took a few weeks for the next-longest ends to grow that long.

My advice: Go longer between pictures - I go 3 months - it's less frustrating that way; I always see progress.

wintersun99
August 28th, 2009, 03:19 PM

AnnaMarie
August 28th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Congrats on your 1000 post! :cheer: Your hair looks wavier in the second post which would explain it looking shorter, it also looks softer and shinier too :)

yellowchariot
August 28th, 2009, 07:36 PM
WHATS UP WITH THIS??

Aug 1: http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/redneckprincess78/hair/Picture027-1.jpg
AUG 26:http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/redneckprincess78/hair/Picture021-1.jpg

Seriously, I dont know how you guys (ladies) are but I was looking for something to wear yesterday and came across my red striped shirt and couldnt hold out another 6 weeks, so I convinced myself to put it on for "just a second" and "look quickly" But when I put it on and looked in the mirror I was shocked by what I seen. So I knew I HAD to take pics. Not only did my hair NOT GROW ANY, but it seamed to shrink AND I felt as if I had my head tilted way back to get it to show that long. Ok I know it has only been 4 weeks since my last measure and pic but there should be some change right? expecally with a striped shirt.

the pics below are my siggy pics from june and Aug 1 (same as aug 1 above) not part of this post

This is just me, but I think you've gained about 1.5"-1.75" in those bottom 2 photos!
In your Aug 26th photo your hair seems to be curled upward than in the Aug 1st photo. It could have been the fabric of your top tugging on it when you took that pic :confused:
But over all I think your maintaining an average growth rate. . . what it is around here? .5"/Month?

Bellona
August 28th, 2009, 07:54 PM
It looks a tad longer, a bit wavier, and much healthier to me! So please don't worry!

elaineflowers
August 29th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I hope everyone's comments have put your mind at rest Redneckprincess... I know how flustrating it is to grow hair when it is shorter when starting... I wish you the best of luck and please try to relax and just enjoy your new hair routine...
lots of love...xxxxxxxx

vindo
August 29th, 2009, 07:09 PM
no just that I have been getting 1" a month for the last 6 months, so it worried me

I'm sure you just measured wrong. 1"/ 2,5cm is biologically next to impossible. According to sciene (not to LHC..I know), 0.4" is average and even the speedy ones don't get much more. If they do they quickly develop into those ladys with extremely extraordinary long hair that grows without end.:p

vindo
August 29th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I also think Emichee's sig photo says it all. That's a YEAR worth of growth with (presumably) modest trims. She's got about 4" in that one year. Average growth would give her about 6" in that year, so that's about right.

Also noted your 1" in 1 month post. Again, we're talking averages. My hair grows a little faster in summer, a tich slower in winter. You got a spurt of one inch one month, you may get nothing this month--and you have still averaged 1/2 inch per month.

Just saw that..I did not gain 4" though ^^ (I wish) , only 2" with monthly trims of 0.6" which is almost all growth I have monthly. My hair does grow very fast, always has...but also uneven which is typical for many fast growing types. I grow
8" a year which got me to Midback in 3 years.

I would not worry too much about measuring unless you do a lot of trimming like I did that last year, and still so many people measure inaccurate and it took me a while to figure out how to get stable measurements. My hair grows pretty much the same amount each month.
It will grow, hair rarely ever stops at shoulder length...

Kiraela
August 29th, 2009, 08:57 PM
I think it is a combination of the fact that it looks like your shirt is sitting a little differently on you so the stripes are in a slightly different place, and the fact that your hair is getting wavier and your ends are turned up a bit. I do think it is growing, don't worry!

Gladtobemom
September 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
You could try measuring from the hairline in the front, over your head to the longest length in the back. That usually gives enough accuracy to show small changes.

Tilting your head even a smidge different will make the pictures not show a change.

Your hair looks like it's so much softer and nicer in the newer pic.

:grouphug: I know it's hard to wait.

ladylibra
September 2nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
If you look at the part of your hair that is undyed it is clearly longer.

I agree! :D

Pegasus Marsters
September 3rd, 2009, 09:16 AM
I'm sure you just measured wrong. 1"/ 2,5cm is biologically next to impossible. According to sciene (not to LHC..I know), 0.4" is average and even the speedy ones don't get much more. If they do they quickly develop into those ladys with extremely extraordinary long hair that grows without end.:p

I wouldn't say it's impossible. I know I've grown an inch a month before. I went from 1 inch all over to bottom of bra-strap in 2 years.

purplebubba
September 3rd, 2009, 11:56 AM
I just wanted to post something I posted a while back.

Not all hair grows at all times. Since hair constantly sheds and replaces itself with new baby hairs it is possible that at times those shorter hairs are growing instead of the longest hairs that would show the amount of growth.

And as far as average growth goes, averages involve taking a series of numbers and finding the average. But they can be numbers that are large or small. I'll give two examples of how you can get around 1/2" per month. (Note I'm not actually averaging these out. They may be more or less than 1/2" average)

Jan ---------- 1/2"
Feb ---------- 1/4"
Mar ---------- 3/4"
Apr ---------- 1/2"
May --------- 3/4"
Jun ---------- 1/4"
Jul ---------- 1/2"
Aug ---------- 1/4"
Sep ---------- 3/4"
Oct ---------- 1/2"
Nov ---------- 3/4"
Dec ---------- 1/4"

Jan ---------- 0"
Feb ---------- 1/2"
Mar ---------- 1"
Apr ---------- 0"
May ---------- 1/2"
Jun ---------- 0"
Jul ---------- 1"
Aug ---------- 1/2"
Sep ---------- 0"
Oct ---------- 1"
Nov ---------- 1/2"
Dec ---------- 1"

In other words you can take these two sets of numbers and both will average out near 50.

~~~~

Edit: This post is not necessarily in response to RNP. I'm just posting it for whomever may want the info. :)
My post is to say that yes it is possible that the hair didn't grow. It is possible for some or all hair to take a break from growing for a period of time. Maybe its resting up for a long session of good growing.

squiggyflop
September 3rd, 2009, 12:45 PM
hmmm it looks a bit longer to me..
i am a frequent length shot taker.. (usually every month to every other month) and i can tell you that when i look at one length shot next to the next month's length shot it doesnt look like ive gotton any growth at all.. the trick is to line up like 6 pictures in a row.. i dont usually measure because i cant do it right.. i use pictures.. the only time i didnt take pictures is when i stalled for a few months... if you think you have stalled then maybe you could do the monistat thing.. it woke up my sleepy hair very quickly after months of no growth.. but it doesnt look to me like its stalled.. i think its just one of those strange things that happens in pictures.. i wouldnt trust the tape measure too much but pictures taken so close together might be just as untrustworthy..

anyway your hair is looking great.. even if it didnt grow much it still looks better.. quality over quantity i say..

merseaone
September 3rd, 2009, 12:56 PM
Mine get wavy when it gets long and sillier still I have a tiny section in the back that is now curly! A beautician pointed it out to me once when she was trying to comb my hair and she thought the area was one big knot!

vindo
September 4th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't say it's impossible. I know I've grown an inch a month before. I went from 1 inch all over to bottom of bra-strap in 2 years.

Yes my hair too, from 0 to bra strap in 2 years. That indicates a very fast growth, but no more than 2cm which is about the highest average I have seen IRL.

One inch/ 2.5cm is "next to" impossible if you believe scientific research, I think if people measure a crazy number once in a while its more like a measuring accident :p

I'm sure there is a few exceptions here and there..probably sporting floor length...but yeah not as many as read on hairboards.

Also, take into consent - the hairbulb needs a bit time to produce quality hair too.

Tressie
September 4th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I haven't read all of the posts but to me it appears your hair has grown normally. If you will look at your June pic, and see that the hem is just at the bottom of the blue stripe that runs across your shoulders and now look at where it reaches the bottom of the Next blue stripe in your August shot.

That is good growth for a couple of months or so! Most people only get about a half inch per month for an average growth rate per the info I've read. Even if your head was a bit tilted, it seems to me that you are making good progress. Hang in there!!! It's growing!!! (o:

Chibbylick
September 4th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Hang in there... I find that if I have my hair up all week, the next time I have it down it feels longer, just because it has been up all the time and I'm not used to the feel of it out! I haven't decided how often I intend to measure yet. Monthly might be too often!
Chibby