PDA

View Full Version : Growing hair out of layers...a question

camillacamilla
April 16th, 2008, 11:21 AM
I guess a year ago I had my hair heavily layered and lost quite a bit of length and volume. I have been growing it back out and slowly cutting off the bottom as it grows to gain thickness. I just recently noticed my hair is looking "long" again, but the problem is the last inch. It is thin and cutting it will give the look of thickness back to my hair again. I have mainly been doing "search and destroys" for the last few months. Do I leave it alone and let is grow, or just get my nerve up and lose the last inch of layers? I will still have some layers left, but they don't thin my hair too much. WWYD?

Anje
April 16th, 2008, 11:26 AM
If it were several inches, I'd encourage you to think hard about cutting and encourage you to try some treatments on the ends to keep them from looking bad.

But one inch? You'll get that back in two months, and (depending on your current length) it won't seem that noticeable. I'd trim it off and enjoy having blunt ends.

spidermom
April 16th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I'd trim it off, too. I dislike thin ends (on me) more than I dislike losing length.

But what I would do may not be the best thing for you, so go by your own feelings.

MissHair
April 16th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I have layers, what I do is cut one centimetre off each month, to even it out, but slowly.

camillacamilla
April 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
It really doesn't look that much shorter, and that last inch or so was where A LOT of my splits were. It feels all plushy thick now. Yay!