PDA

View Full Version : msn's "your sexiest hair ever" article

Aeon F.
August 27th, 2009, 03:25 PM
linky: http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/makeup-skin-care-hair/staticslideshowglamour.aspx?cp-documentid=20662381

(The 1st 2 are long hairs, then after that- each hairstyle gets progessively shorter and shorter..)

but heh.. made me laugh- for long and wavy (which is sort of my hair)- I like how they say
"No need to shampoo!" (yay!) but then go on to say "Simply mist hair with water and a styling spray; Garren New York Designing Spray Tonic goes on nonsticky ($26, garrennewyork.com)"

Pffffttttt!! A $26 dollar spray? Are you kiddin' me? I'll stick with my kimberlily homemade spray and/or a bit of aloe gel for next to nothing and spend my money are hair toys instead! LOL :laugh:

Not so amused that their best answer for sexy hair for long and wavy, is to use a curling iron... arrghh!! I'm trying really hard to avoid curling irons.... Of course if I took their advice and only curled the top layers and skipped the under part- I'd be a straggly/frizzy mess underneathe. Not a "sexy" look for me! ;)

They totally missed the boat- they should've recommended the sock-bun for sexy waves!! :D

Lilli
August 27th, 2009, 03:45 PM
It made me feel better to see that photo 3 is exactly my hair style, plus 1.5 inches.

rockkcor
August 27th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Sometimes with hair, sometimes without it...
Helmets work fine too - I have my private collection!
Spiked ones are greatest hit and hoplite helmet gives the Punk hairstile!

In fact I wonder why everything is artificial these days? I would rather think that natural is sexy - if there is anything to show, of course...

;)

rockkcor
August 27th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Sorry Lilli, this comment was not for you - it just happened that you responded before me!

I wanted to say that they are not considering hair as we do here - as at times there is nothing to show - like pixie stiles - I wonder why they have not included shaven as one of the sexy hair stiles...

Fractalsofhair
August 27th, 2009, 03:57 PM
What! Nothing for long straight hair?

Fifty-Five
August 27th, 2009, 04:07 PM
All of those lengths didn't seem long to me >.> It went fom like...medium to super short xD

Copasetic
August 27th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Lately, these `best hair ever` articles make me laugh. Its the same advice over and over, and conventional advice did not work for my hair! The only way I got my hair to behave was to totally ignore conventional curly hair advice.

Vegasrenie
August 27th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

Although my hair is still short ... just getting to chin length ... my hair is EXACTLY like the girl's in the first picture. She could easily be my daughter! I agree with you, Aeon. $26 hair spray?!? If I need it to stay in place that desperately, I can get something at Sally's for about five bucks.

Irene
Just beginning LH journey

HairColoredHair
August 27th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Sigh... Long and straight doesn't exist? :(

Eboshi
August 27th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Sexy hair? Isn't that term just-so-five-minutes-ago? I was under the impression that the look to go for was 'Hot Hair.'

Whatever that is ..... :rolleyes:

lora410
August 27th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Oh back combing and not being gentle while combing is great advice :rolleyes:

InTheCity
August 27th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I read this article today and immediately thought of posting too!

I at least wanted to give kudos for the first style, which didn't require any heat styling or other common damage-inducing practices.

JamieLeigh
August 27th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Hi Everyone,

<snip>

Irene
Just beginning LH journey

Hi!!! Welcome to LHC & good luck with your hair journey! :flower: :grouphug:

I like that they are finally catching on that shampoo doesn't always work (although no-shampoo doesn't always work either! :p)

freckles
August 28th, 2009, 06:12 AM
What! Nothing for long straight hair?
exactly what I was going to say!