PDA

View Full Version : Tutorials making the easiest hairstyle complicated

Chamy
August 27th, 2009, 01:34 PM
I have been watching a lot of tutorials on youtube lately to get inspiration for new hairstyles. And i am noticing that often even a simple ponytail is blowfryed, teased, sprayed etc. for no apparent reason. Am i the only one that think that a lot of this it completely overkill?
Just wondering :p

Ruvie
August 27th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Oh, I agree. Sometimes I even see them hairspray THEN straighten :O the horror, the horror...

Chamy
August 27th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Oh, I agree. Sometimes I even see them hairspray THEN straighten :O the horror, the horror...

Yeah i never get that, and the classic, tease-hairspray-tease-comb(?)! I mean reallt, whats the point? haha :P

Kiraela
August 27th, 2009, 03:32 PM
That is the #1 reason I only watch tutorials by fellow longhairs, usually LHC members! Because LHC members tend to take good care of their hair, and use supplies I have on hand - rather than fifty types of sprays, gels, fine tooth combs, irons and curlers, etc.

JamieLeigh
August 27th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Somebody posted the link to a "diva ponytail" tutorial (from, what, Herbal Essences? I can't remember) and we all had a good laugh over it. :D It was awful what the girl in the vid was putting her hair through just for a messy ponytail. I mean, I know that there are people out there with super-curly hairtype who DO have to use a lot of product for a ponytail, but for goodness' sake, this was a blonde chick with straight hair. What did she need all that stuff for?? Oh yeah.....to sell it. Promo vid. D'oh!! :doh:

Copasetic
August 27th, 2009, 04:22 PM
It`s totally overkill, if for no other reason than the amount of time it takes for some people to do the simplest of hair styles. I can`t imagine spending 20 minutes styling my hair on a regular basis.

Melisande
August 27th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I once saw one French Twist tutorial on Youtube. It took no less than 20 stressful minutes to tease, spray, re-tease, re-spray the hair, I forgot what else the stylist did to the poor victim's hair. In the end, there was a very measly, ratty, frumpy thing that didn't even resemble a French Twist.

????? Was it a parody and I was the only one who didn't get it?????

Chamy
August 27th, 2009, 05:14 PM
????? Was it a parody and I was the only one who didn't get it?????

That is exactly what goes through my mind when i see one of those tutorials :D