PDA

View Full Version : Fringe trimming instructions?

zen_oven
August 27th, 2009, 07:00 AM
So a while ago I gave my hair a wee trim using Feye's hair trimming instructions and it worked great! Now comes the scary part--my fringe is going to need trimming soon. I'd like to start doing this myself, but I'm not sure how to go about it and I'm worried I'll screw it up royally. I've got long, face-framing fringe, NOT really bangs, and my hair is parted off center. I looked around LHC an Googled to see if I could find an article or something on this, but haven't had much luck. Does anyone have any advice or a link to some instructions? Thanks in advance!

Pegasus Marsters
August 27th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Don't trim with your scissors straight across, instead have them pointing upwards and snip snip snip a bit at a time. This gives you more control over how much you're trimming off.

Heidi_234
August 27th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I maintain my own bangs for few years. There are two ways:
First one is taking all the fringe layer (short or long it doesn't matter I think), and stretch it in front of your face until all the ends roughly meet at the same point (but keep it in the middle of course, in same line as your nose). Then just cut whatever amount you have in mind. It will make the hairs in the center slightly shorter than the hairs on the sides. With real short bangs it makes much bigger difference - I used to do that for a while, and my friend always referred to the outcome as french fringe for some reason (I'm not sure if such thing even exist lol).
Second option is to cut the regular way. If you just need it slightly shorter, comb the pieces and hold them between your index and middle fingers tightly while sliding down the length. When you reached the tips, trim as much as you need/want holding the scissors in an angle (45 degrees at least), and don't try to cut it blunt in any way! There should be mm or two of length variance, makes it look better.
I do think it's even easier with face framing layers, as they are not as noticeable as bangs are are right there on your forehead, but I managed to keep mine, I'm sure you'll manage too. If your unsure, lay the scissors down and repeat the movements without actually cutting, this will give you an idea how it should go.
HTH :flower:

zen_oven
August 27th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks guys! I will try this. . . once I work up the courage. LOL!

Aeon F.
August 27th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I found Loepsie's (now a LCHer!) videos on trimming bangs/fringe really helpful. I used it when I trimmed mine for the 1st time and turned out pretty well!

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxb-g3lrhzE
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h79zzDD4fjY&feature=related

HTH! :flower: