PDA

View Full Version : The Joy of S&D

Zindell
August 27th, 2009, 02:58 AM
I haven't any splits to talk of for the past few years, but this week I have discovered quite a lot of them.

Not sure why really.
- Could be sun damage (I like to let the summer sun bleach my hair lighter)
- Could be that my old hair scissors got dull (DD trimmed my hemline about two weeks ago)
- Could be that I started to put my hair up this summer with a beak clip (I am usually an updo klutz, but it's been too hot to let it remain down)
- Could be that my hair actually have gotten longer now and thus the ends older and more sensitive

Anyhow... I had forgotten the joy of S&D! I bought myself new hair scissors and I find myself holding my hair up to the light and snip, snip, snip a lot! :D

Am i the only one having this fun during S&D missions? :eyebrows:

Zindell
August 27th, 2009, 03:00 AM
*double post*

Lemur_Catta
August 27th, 2009, 03:28 AM
I think it's fun too :D But it is not fun to find too many split ends...:(

JamieLeigh
August 27th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Same here - I've been finding a lot of splits lately. I put it down to the fact that when you trim a hair, you give it an unnatural shape on the end, so it's more likely to split than an untrimmed hair. But if it's already split, it needs to be trimmed before the split travels up the shaft of the hair....

Double-edged sword, really. :rolleyes:

Carolyn
August 27th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I find S & D to be a mindless but soothing activity. I keep a pair of good hair scissors on my lapdesk where I use my computer. It's something I work at constantly. I feel like I'm doing something positive for my hair. I'm never NOT going to have splits so it's something I have to deal with. I make it some nice "me" time and don't think of it as a chore.

keight425
August 27th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I don't really like S&D, it frustrates me because the splits are NEVER ENDING!!! I think I'm going to quit for awhile! It drives me bonkers!