PDA

View Full Version : I just realized something about my friends.

GlassEyes
August 26th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Six of my friends have long hair, two are male--one at shoulder (going longer), one is at BSL/waist--the girls are at tailbone, tailbone, maybe hip/waist now (been a while), and mid-calf.

o-o;; They're even long by LHC standards. Most of them, anyway. Two of them are always wearing their hair up, too--once in a braid, the other in a braided bun. Those two I did show the site, by the way--one didn't really care, the other thought it was odd.

Oh, did I mention that the girl at mid-calf has relaxed 4a or 4b hair? I think that always wearing it up deal works wonders. :p Her hair is so bloody soft too--I did the LHC no-no and pulled it down. :eyebrows: I'm evil. xD; I've never seen it loose thogh--at the least, it's always braided, and usually bunned.

Also, a really random topic, but I find it funny that I -JUST- tallied this in my brain. xD

freznow
August 26th, 2009, 06:45 PM
That's so cool. I've known quite a few LHC-standard-meeting longhairs (One guy I know has the most amazing mid back length red curls) but the girls tend to just randomly show up one day with a bob or a layered APL cut type thing, and then they're longhairs no more.

GlassEyes
August 26th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Well, I dunno. All my friends seem pretty attached to their hair. xD; Especially Matt--I don't thin anyone could get him to cut his hair again.

shadowclaw
August 26th, 2009, 09:13 PM
One guy I know has the most amazing mid back length red curls

I went to high school with a guy who had wavy red hair that was about midback. He looked a little bit like a girl, though, which is why I think he eventually gave himself a buzz cut. But while it was long, it was glorious. The shade of red was so pretty.

Peter
August 26th, 2009, 09:20 PM
That's a lot more than me... None of my friends have hair longer than APL or so, and I don't know any males with long hair. I do sometimes see a girl with hip length, dark red, straight hair... it's awesome. :D

ladylibra
August 26th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Oh, did I mention that the girl at mid-calf has relaxed 4a or 4b hair?

What is this odd feeling taking me over right now? Ah. Jealousy. I almost didn't recognize you, as you don't visit often. :laugh:

I bet her hair is a sight to behold! I wish she was my friend, I'd be in her head every day. :o

camirra555
August 26th, 2009, 10:01 PM
What is this odd feeling taking me over right now? Ah. Jealousy. I almost didn't recognize you, as you don't visit often. :laugh:

I bet her hair is a sight to behold! I wish she was my friend, I'd be in her head every day. :o

I agree. I think you should get her to pose for a length shot! It must be gorgeous!

Starr
August 26th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I agree. I think you should get her to pose for a length shot! It must be gorgeous!

Her hair sounds beautiful! I'd be up for seeing pictures as well!:D

camirra555
August 26th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Or even better, you could take a length shot of the group of you. That would be a cool picture! If you haven't noticed I love admiring hair...:)

Aditi
August 26th, 2009, 11:33 PM
My girl-friends have very long hair too, two of them have waist length hair and two of them have classic length hair and one is at BSL and if i add myself in it then i have waist length hair.

Heidi_234
August 27th, 2009, 12:15 AM
I pick my friends by the length of their hair :evil:
Just kidding :D
I tend to hang out with such groups of people where the girls usually wreck havoc on their hair on weekly basis (and feed Manic Panic by that) an shave parts of it from time to time and the guys try to grow it longer. KWIM? :p

dernhelm
August 27th, 2009, 04:27 AM
That is cool that you are friends with so many longhairs.

Everyone in my family has shoulder length to almost apl, they go for trims and cuts regularly.

4 girls I work with have bsl. One girl I used to work with had gorgeous red tailbone length hair. This woman (with short hair) would always tell her she should "do" something with her hair. That used to make me so mad!

GlassEyes
August 27th, 2009, 04:38 AM
I pick my friends by the length of their hair :evil:
Just kidding :D
I tend to hang out with such groups of people where the girls usually wreck havoc on their hair on weekly basis (and feed Manic Panic by that) an shave parts of it from time to time and the guys try to grow it longer. KWIM? :p

XD actually, that sounds similar to my group of friends too--'cept I was the one with the random colors. One of the girls at tailbone grew it from a dyed purple chin length bob, actually, in the time that I've known her.

Oh, I forgot. I have another friend pushing classic. Oops.

Her hair sounds beautiful! I'd be up for seeing pictures as well!:D

Or even better, you could take a length shot of the group of you. That would be a cool picture! If you haven't noticed I love admiring hair...:)

Somehow, I don't think they'd be up for it. XD Like I said, the girl with really long relaxed hair thinks the site is weird, and I don't think she'd relish the thought of putting apicture of herself (from any angle) online. She doesn't even have one on her facebook profile.

Plus, it'd be weird asking. "A BUNCH OF PEOPLE ONLINE WANT TO SEE YOUR HAIR, HURR HURRR." Creepy. xD;

Monsterkitti
August 27th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Wish some of my friends had any interest in growing their hair, its mostly APL/BSL max and mostly straightened and highlighted into submission :)

Only people I know that have longish hair are DS who is aprox at waist and a girl at work who has about waist length hair.

ChrissieM
August 27th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I only have two friends with longish hair....one has BSL length virgin hair that is absolutely lovely. She doesn't want to grow it any longer though. The other has hair a bit longer than BSL, and she says she wants to grow to knee length. She had been bleaching the life out of her hair though to try to get it to white (from a natural medium brown) so she'll have a lot of damage to cut off before she can really grow.

The rest of my friends all have APL or shorter layered "styled" hair. Unfortunately, all of my guy friends have short hair. :(

JamieLeigh
August 27th, 2009, 08:19 AM
How awesome! You're literally socially surrounded by long hair, online and IRL. :D

My best friend has BSL-ish hair (he's a guy who doesn't have a bra strap, but you get it :p), and one of my best girlfriends has APL hair (which is long for her, since she usually keeps a bob going). The other JUST cut hers from nearly elbow-length. I'm trying really hard to keep myself from shunning her entirely. (kidding.....I think? ;))

So in my IRL circle, I'm the only one with hair that is long by LHC standards. :(

Madame J
August 27th, 2009, 08:55 AM
My husband has beautiful, APL hair, and he treats it pretty horribly (although he does use conditioner at least). It makes me cringe that I can hear him brushing his hair from another room. I asked him if he'd let me braid it for bed last night, but he just leaves it loose. Granted, he's not trying to get longer, so if he has to trim an inch every few months, he doesn't mind, and he's got a great stylist for his hair (I think the guy lives vicariously through DH's hair).

I did notice my good friend from high school has let her blonde, 2b hair get long lately (about BSL, but she's a tall girl). She told me she's going to stop highlighting it and keep letting it grow, so maybe I'll either see if she wants to join here, or at least do a spa day with SMTs together! One of my male friends has thick, black, long hair that he mostly lets grow, and then will cut back to about shoulder-blade level occasionally, but other than that, they're all guys with short hair.

adiapalic
August 27th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Wow. Luckyyy. I have the longest hair of anyone I know personally IRL. :( Thankfully, my mama has let hers grow out. I always wanted someone who would let me play with their long hair :laugh:

She went from over 20 years of pixies to 28" of hair, and has been continuously growing it, so I think I might even convince her to catch up to me... :D

Fifty-Five
August 27th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Hmm... well, I have a couple of friends who have joined LHC because of my recommendation =o One has ...knee - calf length hair, and the other HAD TBL but...well, dyed it a little too much and ended up going to shoulder length. I think she's at APL right now.

Besides them...hmm... I don't think I know too many. Most of the friends I had who did have long hair have chopped it off. I used to know a good many with BSL or longer, but they've slowly gone shorter. Most from peer pressure from boyfriends/husbands/friends. =(

nowxisxforever
August 27th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I know how you feel-- most of my friends are the same. I have a good chunk of female friends with waist-to-tailbone, and there are guys at work with bsl-to-classic that I see all the time. My boyfriend is at bsl or waist ;)

girloctopus
August 27th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Everyone I know pretty much just has short hair now *shrug* My best friend had waist length hair in high school but now she usually keeps it around APL.

My (completely shaved bald) friend stumbled across this site open on my iPhone and thought it was a little odd, but understood (I think so, at least!)