PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Need some help ;)

jdoerrer
August 26th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I suggested my wife to go to this site and read up on how to take care of long care. So she posed me with the challenge lol. Well she wants to know what oil or whatever everyone uses to fix dry hair. I know dying isnt the most wonderful thing for it but she likes it red. I go to the hair place and do my part which is usually pay; and to keep sometimes the saloon ppl in check because they always want to do this and that. This place so far has been good as long as we ask for the same person who get and she is good.

Welp any help would be awsome! :cheese:

jdoerrer
August 26th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Also, where would you get a good pair of cutting scisors? I seen a pair at a local store but is there place on line here in the us that might have them ;) No i am no freak that likes to shave heads. It makes me sick when these stupid makeover shows chop it all off and some look like dudes.. sorry lol..i like short hair but i love long hair better ;) I personally think long hair is a challenge to keep and also more beautiful. I thought about growing long hair but i have to get pas the mulit part lol..

jdoerrer
August 26th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Sorry I am still trying to figure out how to edit this lol..

GlennaGirl
August 26th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Different oils work for different people. Coconut oil is great and so is jojoba, but her mileage may vary. She should start with a TINY bit at first, and I mean tiny, like a fingertip or less, and just smooth her palms over her hair and see how it feels afterward. :)

little_acorn
August 26th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I use very small amounts of jojoba oil (couple of drops on one palm then rub both palms together) on the length of my hair (ears down) every night and brush through with a boar bristle brush.

it makes my hair very soft and shiny and keeps the tangles at bay :D

jdoerrer
August 26th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the fast replys! I will pass on what I knowledge you all told me so far. I think we got some world health foods place around here somewhere that has certain foods/oils etc. :):cheese:

Lady Mary
August 26th, 2009, 07:48 PM
No i am no freak that likes to shave heads. It makes me sick when these stupid makeover shows chop it all off and some look like dudes.. sorry lol..i like short hair but i love long hair better

:? Erm... People who like shaved heads are freaks?

GlennaGirl
August 26th, 2009, 07:51 PM
:? Erm... People who like shaved heads are freaks?

I don't think that's what he's saying. I think he's saying he's not a h a ir c ut f # tishist.

Lady Mary
August 26th, 2009, 07:54 PM
I don't think that's what he's saying. I think he's saying he's not a h a ir c ut f # tishist.

Ah, hmm... I guess that must be what he meant. "Freaks" who like to shave heads (that exists?) and "it makes me sick" "some look like dudes." It's kind of like, was any of that commentary necessary to the post? :confused:

Themyst
August 26th, 2009, 08:11 PM
I know dying isnt the most wonderful thing for it but she likes it red.

Has she looked into natural henna? It will make it a shade of red (depending on her hair color). Have her surf around here and look for henna pics and she'll see. Henna is also healthy for your hair and not damaging like regular dye.

JamieLeigh
August 27th, 2009, 08:43 AM
As Themyst said, henna is a very good natural alternative to damaging store-bought dyes. And I have found coconut oil to help immensely when my hair is feeling dry.

And guys, please use the mods if you have a problem with someone else's post. That's what they ask us to do and what they're here for. You're just going to end up getting this thread closed if an argument starts. :rolleyes:

Locksmith
August 27th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I personally swear by coconut oil. Just a tiny tiny bit to smooth over damp or dry hair - or masses if I'm leaving it overnight for a deep treatment. :) Also, I concur about looking into henna for red hair, though I've never used it myself.

jdoerrer
September 6th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Hey thanks for all the ideals, as for as the henna, my wife hasnt tried that but we might give it a go. We did go back the dreaded salon and got dyed again and as always depending if you get the same person they always seem to want to get scissor happy! lol. We gonna look for the oils you suggested, only quest I have is do you put it on the ends to try it first and then apply it all over and then rinse out?

jdoerrer
September 6th, 2009, 10:20 AM

LOL sorry, I dont want you to think I am some werido or something lol. When I first when to look for a community board like this to find and read advice I found some distrubing stuff and please forgive me my hands sometimes type faster than my brain can compute lol:cheese:

Nyghtingale
September 6th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Hello! I lightly oil the length only before bed, braid it and wash it in the morning twice a week. I also used to dye my hair, but I get SO much better color with henna. It is shiny, healthy and great no-fading color as you can see from my picture.
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu115/nyghtingale/leopardclip.jpg

redwoman
September 6th, 2009, 05:46 PM
All I can say is coconut oil! And if she must dye, then henna! But really, a fingernail full of coconut oil works wonders...:)

jdoerrer
September 6th, 2009, 07:54 PM
:poot:
All I can say is coconut oil! And if she must dye, then henna! But really, a fingernail full of coconut oil works wonders...:)

Sweet thanks for the info. The henna looks much nicer than the stuff you pay for. It has more viberate color.