PDA

View Full Version : Back to hip

Rebelkat
August 26th, 2009, 04:19 PM
As is obvious from my older pics, my hair has been through some hard times in the past couple of years. My hair has been improving over the past couple of months, and I've seen a major improvement since starting CO a couple of weeks ago. However, most of the improvement is toward the top of my hair. While there has been significant improvement in the last few inches, they haven't improved as much as the rest of the length, making them look worse in proportion to the rest of my hair than they did before. I found this unacceptable.

So, last night, I got out my scissors, took a deep breath, and cut back to 31 inches. It was hard to do, but I have to admit, my hair does look better. Sadly, the ends were thin enough in proportion to the rest that it doesn't look THAT different. The biggest difference is that I did a straight across cut rather than a tapered. I'm still in the shock phase, but I think all in all it was the best thing I could do for it. I figure now I can at least allow my hair to grow some instead of having to trim all of my growth off every month.

*My camera decided to kick the bucket last night when I was trying to take a picture, so I doubt that I'll be able to post pics anytime soon. Sorry, guys! But fear not, I'll get some up as soon as I possibly can. :p The line on my new siggy shows about where my hemline is now.

Deborah
August 26th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Good for you! I bet it looks much nicer now, and you will just feel better about your improved ends. :flower:

TammySue
August 26th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I just recently cut several inches and while sad to lose length, my ends look and feel so much better. You have very pretty hair and I'm sure you'll regain the length before you know it! :flower:

Addy
August 26th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I bet your hair looks beautiful. :)

I feel your pain on the camera. I'm really bummed because mine died a couple weeks ago and I have a one year anniversary and a hunting trip coming up with no camera! OMG it sux BIGTIME! I have no clue when I'll be able to get a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!! *WAAAAAAAAAAA*

Rebelkat
August 26th, 2009, 06:32 PM
:cheese:
I managed to get the camera to work just long enough to take the pic... then it died again. Anyway, here it is.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2776&pictureid=48910

Deborah
August 26th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Beautiful!! :cheese:

Radulfr
August 27th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Looks good to me. :agree:

JamieLeigh
August 27th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I must say, it does look much thicker! I think it's beautiful! :flower: I know it feels frustrating to have to trim so much off (trust me, I do. I've trimmed almost 7 inches off in this past year altogether in my quest for thicker-looking ends!), but the important thing is that you're happy with the way your hair looks.

jivete
August 27th, 2009, 08:58 AM
It looks great. Hip is such a flattering length.

82exoticbeauty
August 28th, 2009, 03:06 PM
No worries! You'll still be able to grow it long! Hip length is long, but it depends on the person! Sometimes on the person it feels like it's short on them! But to others, they will say it's still long and saying don't worry, you will grow them out on your hair goal! TBL-CLSSIC-THIGH length, KNEES or beyond!:D

Sissy
August 28th, 2009, 05:56 PM
your hemline looks very, very nice! :)

Carolyn
August 28th, 2009, 06:02 PM
It looks great. I can certainly feel your agony over losing a lot of length. I've cut a total of almost 7" this summer and am back at waist. While I like it a lot, I miss hip length and tailbone length. However I don't miss my thin wispy ends or the taper that was starting to develop. It's a journey. A process. There are good things about each length. I'm glad I did it but I know exactly how you felt and can sympathize so much.