PDA

View Full Version : Question for LCHCers

star13
August 26th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Hey guys,

I don't post that much here, but I've recently become a writer for an online magazine, my category is hair. My question is, what kind of hair articles would you be interested in reading, if you were to read them?

For instance, I am type 4B and I have dreadlocks so many of the articles I write will be about curly hair types or dreadlocs.

I'd also like to write about other hair types as well

please lend me you suggestions.

Thanks in advacance.

InTheCity
August 26th, 2009, 07:19 PM
What I always find interesting is the hidden facts about hair. How "normal" styling kills your hair and how commercial shampoo and conditioners make these completely bogus claims that we all believe. Oh and of course, the math behind why cutting does not make your hair grown longer. That's a good one to finally wrap your head around. (Imagine an inch of damage, that quickly turns into 2 inches of damage. If only you had cut off that one inch, you'd be spared the other inch of crumbing/breaking/etc. Viola! Your hair is longer for having cut it than if you hadn't.)

Basically, all the common misconceptions about hair.
Oh and I love that shampoo was invented not too long ago and yet we all think (used to think) it was a necessity.

HeatherMae
August 26th, 2009, 08:11 PM
I enjoy reading about tried and true hair products. I realize that different products work differently for different people, but I like to know that I am reading about a product that at least REALLY worked for someone. I also like reading any interesting tips on hair care. For example, learning about aloe here on LHC - something that I had never even heard of before.

Best of luck to you!! :)

sweetnmellow
August 26th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I love reading about the best vitamins and the best foods that people have tried with success and increased the health and growth of their hair.
I also enjoy reading about different ways to style your hair with no heat involved ('healthy, sexy hair styles').
I would also like to read an article about the history of hair, the way it was perceived throughout history, the symbolic meanings of hair etc..
I cant think of other stuff right now, I hope other people will be more helpful..

JamieLeigh
August 27th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I like articles that DON'T encourage people to be sheep of fashion through the cutting of hair. It's almost like there's some movement directly against the growing of hair, and it's really irritating. If someone wants to cut, then that's all well and good, but the ones who DO love to grow their hair should not be attacked for it.

Also, a hairy history lesson, as previously suggested, would be nice. :)

Flaxen
August 27th, 2009, 08:51 AM
It is the policy of TLHC that the membership is not for market research of any kind. Sorry. :flower: