PDA

View Full Version : I had waist long hair for about 10 minutes today!!!

Maddy25
August 26th, 2009, 12:18 PM
I was at the mall today and I have always really wanted hair extentions just because I have never actually had the patience to grow out my hair. Now I am dedicatedly growing but still, very impatient I am so excited for my hair to be long but it will take years till I can have my goal! So on my lunch break I went into the hair salon and asked if I could try on the 18" Hair extensions to see how they looked.

There are 10 of them all with little clips, real hair and she matched my colour perfectly. My hair was actually my goal length with them in! Although with all my short layers she suggested that the 14" would look more "real".

So I wanted your oppinion and maybe some reviews on the clip in kind is anyone has had them? Are they damaging if they just clip in? Did you have them and hate them? I am really tempted to buy them!!! I could do braids and ponytails I felt like such a princess with them in! Let me know what you think.

rexy
August 26th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I have the HairDo clip ins and they can be damaging because of the clips and the weight it puts on your hair. Plus I always had to style my hair with curls so the clips would not show through because my hair b/c it is so straight... Which is not great either. I think if you like them and want to wear them for a special occasion or going out its not that big of a deal.

Maddy25
August 26th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I have the HairDo clip ins and they can be damaging because of the clips and the weight it puts on your hair. Plus I always had to style my hair with curls so the clips would not show through because my hair b/c it is so straight... Which is not great either. I think if you like them and want to wear them for a special occasion or going out its not that big of a deal.

Yeah she said curls would look better, but I wouldnt want to curl my actual hair, the 18" ones looked a little scraggly, on my, Im not sure how Id blend it together, I couldnt really fuss with them in the store though, i think brushing it together with my hair would help.

RancheroTheBee
August 26th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I always thought that high-quality wigs looked a little more natural. :) Try PMing Pegs and finding out where she got her wig.

Maddy25
August 26th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I always thought that high-quality wigs looked a little more natural. :) Try PMing Pegs and finding out where she got her wig.

I do love the wigs, but I think they are a little out of my price range :o

inertia
August 26th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I used to use clip-in extensions. Mine wasn't the lots-of-pieces kind, it was a single piece with 3 wefts. I don't mind the look of layers (as you can see from the real hair in my avatar) but it was definitely easier to blend the hair into a natural look when it was curled, since the texture didn't match exactly.

I never noticed any damage, but I didn't wear them every day. Maybe 2 or 3 times a month? Also, I didn't put it in the same place every time. Since my extensions were a single piece, I didn't just wear them on my nape, I also sometimes wrapped it around high ponytails, concealing the attachment with a wide ribbon.

Addy
August 26th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I think if you wear them every day, they will damage your hair. When I had mine, I would wear them every chance I got and I did end up with breakage. I had to back comb my hair too because they would slip if I didn't. I loved them for the time and now, I'm just not that into them because my hair has finally grown out to my liking.

What I didn't like about them is that they became piecey after a couple hours and showed my true length. They are unbelieveably hot and the clips would pull individual hairs. I never liked wearing them up because they never failed to poke me through my shirt like little daggers. :mad:

Also, they almost always need blended in with your natural hair and the only way to do that is to have them in while the stylist razors layers in to blend it. I learned the hard way that hair extensions do NOT like scissors and look best razor cut but do you trust the person weilding the razor??? Because you run the risk of having natural hair razored too! Been ther, done that and cried in the t-shirt for awhile.:( Had a nice hole cut in my hair from it. :o

This is only my experience though. IMMV. ;)

Anje
August 26th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I do love the wigs, but I think they are a little out of my price range :o
The real hair ones, perhaps, but there are a lot of costume wigs out there that are fairly high quality in the $20-$40 range, I think.

Maddy25
August 26th, 2009, 08:34 PM
soooo....I bought them!!! They look really cute, Ill have to take photos to show you!

heatherdazy
August 26th, 2009, 11:35 PM
I like clip ins... I am wearing them in my avy pic, lol! My hair was not even chin length at that time. I wear them about 2-3x/year. It's really a lot of trouble to detangle and style them (assuming they're human hair) then style your own hair to blend it.

I wouldn't wear them often if you're growing, though.

invisiblebabe
August 26th, 2009, 11:38 PM
I look forward to seeing! :)