PDA

View Full Version : length question

atlantaz3
August 25th, 2009, 12:14 PM
I didnt' want to hijack the what happens when you reach goal question, but my question(s) is similar. I've been growing out for about seven years and this last year haven't really gained any length. I don't think I'm in a stall I think I've hit terminal at 25 inches (boo hoo!). Another reason for this thought - when I was school girl age (pre blow dryers!) and only got hair cuts every three or four years, my hair never really hit waist but just mid to lower back. Granted I blow dry (about once a week now) and probably aren't as nice as I should be to my hair (I try for at least monthly smt's and I'm using honey for highlights rather than stylists) My third logic for this is I am a very slow grower with two 1/2 trims a year I only gain about four inches a year. I was hoping for 28 inches - but I just don't see it getting there - any thoughts or comments?

Islandgrrl
August 25th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Just looking at your ends in your sig pic, I'd say you're not terminal. I would expect to see some serious taper and unless it's well hidden, well, I just don't see it.

Of course, I don't have an answer as to why your hair growth seems to have petered out. Sorry.

Fractalsofhair
August 25th, 2009, 12:40 PM
4 inches a year with a 1 inch trim isn't a slow grower, it's average. (6 inches a year is the standard, but give or take an inch). I am going to guess it's a blowdrier, and the prior highlights. Also, you have have hit "terminal"(ie, a bunch of your hairs are in a stall), but cut off a lot of the terminal ends, and in that case, it will start growing soon. You have fine hair, so if you're anything like me, it's broken ends. You may need to wear your hair up constantly, and REALLY baby it for it to grow. I can't bleach or blowdry my hair at all or else it breaks off an inch or so from the top of my head. When you were little, you were probably growing faster than your hair did.

JamieLeigh
August 25th, 2009, 06:31 PM
It's important that you realize that the growth speed you give in your OP is normal growth speed for a head of human hair. It may look like, here on LHC where there are so many progress threads, everyone seems to grow fast around you. It's easy to spot terminal length, as there will be massive taper, as Islandgrrl said before. If your sig pic is a current pic, then it doesn't appear to be tapering off.

Honestwitness
August 25th, 2009, 06:37 PM
I don't have an answer to your question, but I just want to say I think your hair is ABSOLUTELY beautiful!!!

PhillyGirl1978@
August 26th, 2009, 04:20 PM
That's pretty short for terminal....you're probably not done growing yet.