PDA

View Full Version : Shorter hair-just what should I do with my hair at night?

juliaxena
August 24th, 2009, 11:18 PM
So...I can't put it into a braid or anything. At night, my hair becomes a real mess. I have two "twisters" in my hair too-a part where hair grows like it wants to form a twister, I don't know what the word is in english. Those parts get really weird. My hair also kind of clumps together. I have never seen a sleeping cap in our shops here and if I did, I bet they are hot...my scalp sweaats easy and I think my hair would end up greasy in the morning. What can I do?

LittleOrca
August 24th, 2009, 11:47 PM
You can get yourself a satin cap. Your length is shorter than mine, but it helps me prevent tangles in the morning, and as I remember from that length tangles were easy to find when I slept with my hair loose. I wish I had known there were options back then to help prevent them. :)

Kaileida
August 25th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Depends on how you sleep, kinda. I can get away with throwing it into a ponytail or loose French braid because I tend to sleep on my side. If you sleep on your back, try pulling it around to one side? Or two smaller French braids? Hair that length is difficult.

Lize
August 25th, 2009, 02:09 AM
I have hair about your length right now, and I wear it down when I sleep. I use a satin pillowcase. That might help you. Or the satin cap that LittleOrca suggested. Trying to wear it up when you sleep at this length would probably be uncomfortable and difficult.

By the way, the word you are looking for might be "cowlick". HTH. :)

LutraLutra
August 25th, 2009, 02:15 AM
I have two big cowlick/hair part things happening in my hair, and if I wake up with them looking too crazy I spray them with water, comb them flat, then *ssssh* I sometimes blowfry them smooth. Tell no one. :D

maaria
August 25th, 2009, 03:55 AM
I sometimes put my hair up and braid it there:pspecially when I have an overnightoiling.

heatherdazy
August 25th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Your hair is definitely long enough for two french braids or you could wear one if you did it diagonally across your head instead of straight down.