PDA

View Full Version : what is this bun?

Irishred
August 24th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I posted this in my log but I cannot remember what this bun us called. This bun has become my go-to when nothing else will work as my hair has gotten to I guess an awkward length... mid-thigh?

Here is a wrapping discription:

1) bring hair into a ponytail in your hand where you want the base of the bun to be.
2) firmly grip the hair with one hand in a fist and flip the tail over that hand .
3) slid your hand away from your scalp just a little and bringing the tail under your grip hand, wrap the tail around the base against your head until all 'used'
4) Slide your grip hand out of the loop and stuff the wrapped base through the loop
5) use one hair stick to go over the loop, under the wrapped base and over the other side of the loop.

This will loosen and slide a little but it stays for hours and is quick to redo without needing to comb out again.

finished bun: (might be a bit big) (picture with flash)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/momandscout/DSCF1965.jpg

Now what is it called...?

Ruvie
August 24th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure, but your hair looks great!

Longlocks3
August 24th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Sounds like when I do a nautilus(sp?) Bun

Bene
August 24th, 2009, 10:01 PM
From the description and picture, it looks like a lazy wrap bun. That's roughly how I do it :shrug:

Dawna
August 24th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I don't know what it's called either.
But, oh what I would give to have thick hair like yours.:)

rexy
August 24th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I call it the B&#250;n bun (lol <lame joke do you get it?) b/c my nail lady showed me how to do it. She says its very popular in Vietnam. I am surprised to hear that you feel you hair is at an awkward length. I feel like the longer mine get the more versatile it is.

purplebubba
August 24th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Is that the one that Leia invented?
Leia's Swirly Bun
http://www.network54.com/Forum/242462/thread/1084704126/The+Swirly+Bun

Other buns at the Loom too
http://www.longhairloom.com/stylingstationcentral.html

eadwine
August 25th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Nautilus, that is what I say :)

Medievalmaniac
August 25th, 2009, 01:20 PM
It's not Lazy Day, although it looks close to it. Maybe Nautilus?

ImperfectBrat
August 25th, 2009, 01:36 PM
From the description and picture, it looks like a lazy wrap bun. That's roughly how I do it :shrug:

Yep, that's how I do my lazy wrap as well. It's my everyday go to bun.

jel
August 25th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I call this one a nautilus, or inside-out bun.

JamieLeigh
August 25th, 2009, 06:24 PM
I'd say nautilus as well, that sounds like how I do it. :)

I hope my hair doesn't feel awkward when it gets as long as yours (assuming your stats to the side are correct). It's right around 43" and it's actually getting easier for me to put it up the longer it gets. :shrug:

Irishred
August 26th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Thank you, lazy nautalis go-to bun it is :LOL:

For me this is a somewhat awkward length. Yes, the numbers to the left are approximately right the last time I measured about a month ago. I guess the awkwardness comes because the ends are just out of reach for combing and it is just at that stage for wrapping a cinnabun that the ends fall in a bad place for pins/sticks to hold them. Also, it may not just be the length. My hair has been thickening (seen in photoalbum) and as such heavier, I think it pulls it self out of buns that don't hold their own weight some how. This make it awkward because it is always coming down...

Anyway, thank you for all the responses.

Anje
August 26th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Lots of names. It's a lazy-wrap bun, a nautilus bun, or an inside-out bun. Basically all the same thing, though some people twist it and some don't.