PDA

View Full Version : hair-length confusion =P

YumiYume
August 24th, 2009, 07:37 AM
hi ^^

Im a short person, only 160cm = 63 inch
and my longest hair part now is almost APL, and the longest part is 51cm = 20.1 inch, and BSL on me is 59cm = 23.2 inch
wich means that its 8cm = 3.1 inch difference

is this lenth "normal" or is it shorter since Im small?
the wierdest thing is that my sister is 167 cm = 65.7 inch, and there were like less than an inch diffrence on the lenth required for BSL.. =O

but her head is bigger, and her back is taller compared to me.. my head is small, and I have a short back, why is there no lenth difference on the hair =O? I did not do the messurements on myself btw =P

how long hair is recuired for you to reach BSL?

EDIT
something is wrong with the messurements! a few days ago my sister messured 19.7 inch(looks below my avatar), and today 20.1 ... hmmmmmmm maby I should ask someone to double check this =O!

Heidi_234
August 24th, 2009, 08:23 AM
First of all, you're not that small! 160 cm is a common (I'm 160 and few more cm, and other girls are usually slightly lower than me), it's probably living with a taller sister made you believe you're really short when you're just fine.
Your measurements look about normal to me. Very short people can have waist length hair before it's 30", when others have BSL around 25". So that would short. Also, different people have different body structures - some have very long torso and low waist, and hips right after, others have very short torso and achieve waist length quickly but the it's a long count for hip, BCL and tailbone lengths...
So it all varies. If APL on you is not the same number as on other member, it's totally fine.
ETA: measurements are not fine science, they are VERY inaccurate. So take them with a grain of a salt. For me personally, they are just a tool to see that my hair is indeed growing each and every month, because visually it's hard to notice.

YumiYume
August 24th, 2009, 08:54 AM
ok thanks for telling me that Im not that short ;)

I live in sweden and average lenth here for women is around 65.7 inch =P, other peoople around me are taller (at least it feels like it =P), I guess thats why I thought I was short =P haha

I know, messurenments is only supposed to be guidlines, but it still doesnt make sence to me since.. well, like if you borrow someonce shirt, it may be good lenth on the owner, but on you, its way to long. I thought that the hair lenth would work something like that to XD

EDIT
after re-reading your post I noticed that you were trying to tell me that thing that didnt make sence in my head haha XD

spidermom
August 24th, 2009, 09:08 AM
The numbers don't tell me a lot because of the wide variety in body types, that's why I go by where my hair falls on my body (currently tailbone). It's more descriptive. If I said my hair is 39 inches long, no one would know how long that is on me (except by looking at my sig pic).

NurseMama
August 24th, 2009, 09:28 AM
When something is BSL, waist, or whatever really depends on body type. For example, my waist is exceptionally long and I won't hit WL until 32in. Many people here are are WL at 29in. It really is subjective and entirely dependent upon your body.

Hiriel
August 24th, 2009, 11:09 AM
First of all, you're not that small! 160 cm is common.
Not in Sweden, it isn't ;) I'm also 160 cm tall/short, and in Norway, the general consensus is; I'm tiny. Not abnormally tiny, but I really am short. At the moment I don't know anyone who's not at least 4-5 cm taller.

But to the OP: BSL is when your hair reaches your bra-strap, regardless of the number of inches. I'm the same height as you, but my BSL hair is longer, since what height I have is in my back, as I have short legs.

RancheroTheBee
August 24th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Not in Sweden, it isn't ;) I'm also 160 cm tall/short, and in Norway, the general consensus is; I'm tiny. Not abnormally tiny, but I really am short. At the moment I don't know anyone who's not at least 4-5 cm taller.

But to the OP: BSL is when your hair reaches your bra-strap, regardless of the number of inches. I'm the same height as you, but my BSL hair is longer, since what height I have is in my back, as I have short legs.

:cheese: Three people in the same thread of the exact same height. How cool! Anyway, being tiny means it seems like your hair grows faster. And yeah, that's normal.

Ruvie
August 24th, 2009, 01:12 PM
I am your height also, and I have a very short torso! BSL has been barely acquired with the longest part of my hair, while my taller cousin seems to have the same amount of hair but doesn't quite reach yet. Being shorter is nice, isn't it? Like stated above, depends on waist height also :) I have a high waist, so BSL will come sooner than those with low waists.