PDA

View Full Version : Itching spot on my scalp

Konstifik
August 24th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Hello! :blossom:

So, I've had this problem with an itching spot on the back of my head for months now.
It itches alot, and it's really hard to control myself to not itch. It's a little sore too. And the spot itself is no larger than a pinhead.

I've tried everything I can think of: Oils (castor mainly, some jojoba and coconut too), CO-washings, massage...

But nothing helps! It itches so bad. :(

Now I turn to you fellow hairomaniacs for help and ideas. What to do with this annoying itching spot!? :flower:

Nini
August 24th, 2009, 02:08 AM
I had that too. I've got eczema though, so I thought it was that. But it seems changing to a SLS-free shampoo did the trick for me.

It could also be that you're reacting to some of your hairtoys if you wear them close to your scalp.

I hope you find something that works for you!

Nini

Konstifik
August 24th, 2009, 02:15 AM
I had that too. I've got eczema though, so I thought it was that. But it seems changing to a SLS-free shampoo did the trick for me.

It could also be that you're reacting to some of your hairtoys if you wear them close to your scalp.

I hope you find something that works for you!

Nini

Hello Nini. :)

I've been using SLS-free products too, it did the trick for my dry scalp, but the itching spot remains. :/

I don't think my hairtoys is causing it, the spot is a bit to the right of my scalp and quite far down. I rarely have any toys around there. I've been trying to avoid having an updo close to that area even more now the recent weeks, and I try to not have a tight hairpulling updo. But no change in the itchyness. >.<

Thanks for your reply :flower:

Roseate
August 24th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Have you taken a mirror and tried to look at it? I wonder if it could be an ingrown hair, since it is just one pinhead-size spot. In that case you might need to exfoliate your scalp- have you tried something like a sugar scrub?

Konstifik
August 24th, 2009, 02:36 AM
Have you taken a mirror and tried to look at it? I wonder if it could be an ingrown hair, since it is just one pinhead-size spot. In that case you might need to exfoliate your scalp- have you tried something like a sugar scrub?

I've tried but I can't see it. My boyfriend tried to look too, but didn't find anything.
I tried to wash with a shammpoo containing seasalt-flakes. It felt nice for a while, but soon the itch returned. I might try again with some sugarmix. :)

Thanks for the reply :D

brok3nwings
August 24th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Hmm... i have about three spots that sometimes starts to get me mad. What seams to calm down my scalp is Nizoral, i only use it once a month or something like that.

Konstifik
August 24th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Hmm... i have about three spots that sometimes starts to get me mad. What seams to calm down my scalp is Nizoral, i only use it once a month or something like that.

Never heard of Nizoral before. But I looked it up. It seems like an anti-dandruff shampoo, but it said not to use if your scalp is inflamed or "broken". I'm not sure if mine is, so I'll be a bit cautious with that for now. :)
Also, I have no idea where to buy that... Is it only available through the web?

Thanks for the reply. :flower: