PDA

View Full Version : Ack.Help please

WelshLocks
August 23rd, 2009, 02:25 PM
I took a shower this morning and did CWC and it looked beautiful,but I wanted more curls.Tomorrow is my first day back at school and I want my hair to look nice.I thought maybe I could just set it in curlers for an hour or two while it dries.So I put it up in foam rollers and set it with Suave Beautiful Curls.(I don't remember the exact name).I took it down around lunch time and now the ends of my hair and the entire canopy layer looks awful. It looks like the left side of this picture basically(ratty and gross)
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/20/202586/43_2008/82f1f7cc70a8e20b_a-frizzy-hair-.larger.jpg

The bottom part is decent(kinda piecey but still curlier than normal).

What do I do with the top layer of my hair?Can I wet it down and redry it or should I reshampoo it?I plan on wearing my hair down tomorrow and it just looks...not pretty.Can I wash twice in one day?Would this be a bad idea?:confused:

Calista
August 23rd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Can you do a CO instead of shampooing again? Personally I wouldn´t shampoo twice in one day; it wouldn´t be worth it to me.

bttrfly857
August 23rd, 2009, 02:30 PM
I'd just wet it and re-set.

Roseate
August 23rd, 2009, 02:34 PM
I agree, try CO or just rinse; I don't know about your hair but mine would punish me severely for two shampoos in a day!

WelshLocks
August 23rd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Okay I'll try a CO.Should I just do the top layer of my hair and tie the rest up?Or just go ahead and recondition all of my hair?

ugh this is really aggravating. I wish my hair had stayed curly.I could have at least salvaged that. :/

spidermom
August 23rd, 2009, 02:41 PM
When this happened to me in the past, I'd wet my hands and smooth them over the canopy several times, the last time with maybe a pea-sized dollop of conditioner rubbed between palms, then comb through (patiently and very carefully). This usually relaxed wild curls into waves.

Amara
August 23rd, 2009, 03:09 PM
Don't wash again! Rewet, or rewet and reconditioner, or even just dampen with a spritz bottle and a bit of conditioner.