PDA

View Full Version : Oh. My. Goodness. Hairtyping help needed (photos)

LutraLutra
August 22nd, 2009, 09:11 AM
I washed my hair, didn’t comb it or manipulate it in anyway – except gently shaking it in to place – and let it air dry. I’ve never done this before, as I'd got into the habit of combing while it was slightly damp.

This is what I got
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/princessaldatma/22Aug09a1.jpg?t=1250953237

And at the sides where it’s less wavy and more layered
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/princessaldatma/22Aug09a2.jpg?t=1250953390

Sooooo, I seem to have really wavy hair, which is great, but I’m totally amazed at the difference, to be honest I can’t actually believe I’m looking at my own hair. :bigeyes:

Would anyone like to hairtype me? Because I just don't think I'm the 1c/2a I thought I was.

Sammybunny711
August 22nd, 2009, 09:13 AM
Wow! What a difference to when you comb it! Hmmm...Perhaps 2b? I'm honestly not the greatest hairtyper, so you might want to have some other opinions, LOL. Congrats on the waviness, though! It sounds like your really happy with it!

spidermom
August 22nd, 2009, 09:18 AM
I think you have a few spiral curls in your future, which would put you at 2C. Pretty!

LisaJaney
August 22nd, 2009, 10:22 AM
And I would have put you in 2a because of the length of the wave, from beginning to end of it. I admit it's been awhile since I perused the hairtyping system, but as I recall it, 2a is wavy but not tight waves, nice loose LONG waves. But I am old and could be mis-remembering.

Roseate
August 22nd, 2009, 11:13 AM
Looks like a nice shiny 2a to me! Loose s-waves all over. Very pretty!

Looks like it's trying to go around into a wurl or two in back, but not quite making it- so you could find yourself in a different category as you go longer, or if you change your routine.

Come join us over in the wavy thread! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31563) :)

twilight_faerie
August 22nd, 2009, 10:28 PM
I'd say 2a.

Teazel
August 22nd, 2009, 10:34 PM
I'd say 2b (I think that's what I am - will have to wait until I've posted to check! :D) - and it'll be interesting to see what it does when it's longer! You might go up to 2c. :cheer:

Definitely wavy - congrats! :thumbsup:

melikai
August 22nd, 2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah, comparing you with myself, your hair looks like it has the potential for more curliness than mine as it gets longer, so I'd also say you're 2a. Maybe as it grows it will be closer to 2b.

Renbirde
August 23rd, 2009, 12:53 AM
2a is long loose waves
2b is braid-wave type waves
2c is waves with a few curls, generally at the temples and the nape of the neck.

I'd say you're at least 2b, and possibly 2c. I can't tell if the hair low on the back of your head is waves or curls.

Aditi
August 23rd, 2009, 02:50 AM
I think you are 2a for now but as the others already said your type will change when you hair grows longer :)

LutraLutra
August 23rd, 2009, 04:38 AM
Thanks everyone. :flowers: I'm going for 2a/2b as I've definitely got some deeper wavy things going on under the canopy.

But as everyone says, it's still early days and I'll see how things go/grow. :D

pinchbeck
October 28th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Your hair is a 2a/2b and I just learned about the classifications now (cool). It looks to be muli- textured like mine. It will be interesting to see how it waves as it continues to grow.

clairenewcastle
October 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I was fascinated when I found this thread for your hair behaves exactly like mine! :cheese::joy:Also mine is just about an inch or so longer.:cheese: :joy:I've been unsure myself what my hair-type was.. .....:eye:
Thanks for posting the photos and starting this thread - it's been a big help to me. :blossom:

ericthegreat
October 28th, 2009, 09:07 PM
I see some defined wurls........with your hair naturally air dried and uncombed, you have a combination of wave and even some curls. I would put your natural texture at 2b, and as your hair grows longer you will see more repeating curl patterns.

Sissy
October 28th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I think you're a 2b

JamieLeigh
October 29th, 2009, 04:05 PM
You might end up being a 2b once you get longer. I'd say 2a for right now.