PDA

View Full Version : It's official. My hair is getting thicker

jivete
August 20th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Now, it'll never be super thick, but when I first joined LHC about 18 months ago, my pony tail was just over 2". Then it slowly creeped up to 2.25" then 2.5". I just measured and it's about 2.7". This place is great!

:cheese:

lindaton
August 20th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Congratulations, youre on your way!

brigettefogle
August 20th, 2009, 10:26 AM
That's great:)

frodolaughs
August 20th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Great! Have you made a lot of changes in your routine?

ChrissieM
August 20th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Awesome! I hope to have some thickening too in the next couple of years and your results give me hope.

Newniepg
August 20th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Hurrah for you! :) what do you think has made the most difference in gaining thickness? You must be so pleased.

RancheroTheBee
August 20th, 2009, 10:34 AM
:eek: That's wonderful! That's quite an increase in thickness. What have you been doing?

Sammybunny711
August 20th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Hooray! YAY for you! That is so exciting!

Deborah
August 20th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Yay! :cheer: You are certainly doing something right to have such a wonderful result! Keep it up. :)

FaeryTails
August 20th, 2009, 12:06 PM
That's great! You must be really happy with your progress.

thankyousir74
August 20th, 2009, 12:10 PM
That *IS* awesome progress! What changes did you make?

Fractalsofhair
August 20th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Congrats!!!

Konstifik
August 20th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Congrats! And as many other asked - What's your magic? :D

Garnet66
August 20th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Congrats on getting such great thickness.

krissykins
August 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Congrats! I'm super jealous. You must tell us your secret!

kumar.lovely4u
August 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Congrats.... and keep it up...

how did you improved that ?

can you tell me the precautions for that ?

how long your hair ? can i see those pics ?

if it possible send me to this Email removed. Please do not request pictures from other members be sent to you by email.

can you share ur longhair pics with me ?

Aisha25
August 20th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Kumar we do not do that here so please not to ask :)

Eboshi
August 20th, 2009, 12:52 PM
can you share ur longhair pics with me ?

Kumar, just to let you know in case you missed it in the community guidelines: TLHC is a place for people to discuss growing out healthy, long hair in a friendly and safe environment. Newbies who sign up and immediately start asking for pictures tend to find themselves NOT welcomed. :flower:

jivete
August 20th, 2009, 01:55 PM
The changes I made to my routine were basic LHC guidelines. I used to wash with S&C daily, box dyed every 6-8 weeks and heat styled at least once per week. In Feb 08, I discovered no poo and quit box dye, daily shampoos and heat. Currently I "wash" about 3 to 4x per week using different methods. It was CO for a while and Indian herbs for a while, then soapnuts. Right now I'm using diluted, non-SLS poo for CWC and then sometimes CO. I really like diluted poo because I can stretch my washes longer without looking as greasy. I've also turned down the temperature of the water that I wash with. But I just started that a couple of months ago, so besides less frizz, I can't tell what the long term results will be.

I really think the biggest change is the dye. After I stopped dying, I noticed a ton of baby hairs start popping up. I think they're all finally reaching my pony tail. I don't expect my hair to get much if any thicker than it is, but I'm pretty happy with what I have. Plus, my virgin hair is substantially hardier than the dyed, damaged hair.

It was/is really neat to watch the line of breakage move down my head. It will be even better when it all finally gets trimmed off.

Bianca
August 20th, 2009, 02:03 PM
That's great :thumbsup:

sorraia
August 20th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Yea!!! Congratulations!
I am very happy for you and hope to follow suit.
Thank you for sharing your hair regime and the changes made.
I am going to go measure the thickness of my hair now and try not to get depressed.

Sunshine69
August 20th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I really think the biggest change is the dye. After I stopped dying, I noticed a ton of baby hairs start popping up.

The way hair dyes and bleaches smell so horrible, it should be a warning that they could be harming the hair follicles. Congratulations on your progress :)

jivete
August 20th, 2009, 03:28 PM
The way hair dyes and bleaches smell so horrible, it should be a warning that they could be harming the hair follicles. Congratulations on your progress :)

Yeah, that and the burning scalp. I hated dying and often rinsed before my time was completely up because my scalp hurt so badly. You think I would have figured it wasn't good for me or my hair. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'm so glad I found this place.

amnicare
August 20th, 2009, 05:18 PM
congrats :)

Tressie
August 20th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Congratulation! That's amazing news! To what particular change in your old routine to you attribute your increased thickness?

LaurenH
August 21st, 2009, 01:16 PM
Wow, that's wonderful improvement!! :)

maria_asa
August 21st, 2009, 01:16 PM
Congrats, that's wonderful news! I wish I could have the same thing happening to me.

jivete
August 21st, 2009, 01:40 PM
Congratulation! That's amazing news! To what particular change in your old routine to you attribute your increased thickness?

A combo of things, but giving up dye and heat probably did the most good. Daily S&C with hot water is a close second.

jivete
August 21st, 2009, 01:44 PM
Oh and thanks again everyone for all the encouraging words. It's very exciting watching my braid get thicker and then watching that thickness travel down.

Amara
August 21st, 2009, 03:37 PM
What an awesome difference!

JamieLeigh
August 21st, 2009, 03:37 PM
My ponytail circumference has definitely improved and my hair looks much fuller. But I attribute that to stopping the cones. The coney conditioners always tend to weigh my hair down and make it look much thinner. :(

tangocurl
August 21st, 2009, 11:37 PM
This is great news! For me giving up the blowdryer and shampoo has taken me from a ponytail circumference at around 2" to now 2.5" over the last two years. I love it when a fellow fine-haired friend finds a way to thicken up!

Aditi
August 22nd, 2009, 12:05 AM
Congratulations!!!! Nice to hear that you are on your way to progress :cheer:

frizzinator
August 22nd, 2009, 04:37 AM
My hair has also increased in thickness. 2 years ago my circumference was 2.5", and now it is 3.25". Wearing my hair up everyday is probably the reason. Before LHC, I rarely wore my hair up, and as a result my hair tangled and I broke a lot of hairs everyday.

jasper
August 22nd, 2009, 04:47 AM
This thread is certainly inspiring and hopeful. Thanks for posting!

Marika
August 22nd, 2009, 05:14 AM
Congratulations!:) I lost a lot of hair last fall and now my ponytail circumference is finally getting bigger again. It's a great feeling!:hollie:

Rentlle
August 22nd, 2009, 06:23 AM
congratulations!!
I hope one day, I can say this stuff too :)

ipickee
August 22nd, 2009, 07:16 AM
Thanks for giving hope to the rest of us!! :)

hennaphile
August 22nd, 2009, 07:27 AM
Wow!! That's awesome, you must be thrilled :cheer: :D :bounce:

going gray
August 22nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
What great news, adding my congratulations, thickness makes such a huge difference. Lucky you!

Ruvie
August 23rd, 2009, 01:36 AM
Wow..ok, now I HAVE to measure my pony circumference! That's great to hear about getting more thickness, especially when It's also a goal of my own :) Congratulations!

SheaLynne
August 24th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Wow, that is great!

I can see where better treatment of hair would increase thickness (I have whole sections just in front of the ear that I think were broken off from always wearing clips to hold it back from my face. Now that I'm bunning and braiding and being more gentle on my hair, those sections are getting length, so I think my circumference will be going up in the next year, too!)